"Damaged Masculinity" behind mass shootings?

‘Damaged masculinity’ may help explain Columbine and other mass shootings

I've always thought the male obsession with guns in the U.S. was a little odd, and this would be a more clear explanation. Men who feel inadequate need to arm up...

No.

I own two shotguns and one is for hunting and the other is for home defense, and it has nothing to do with my masculinity.

Maybe it does for some men but for me it has nothing to do with my masculinity and I know many hunters like me that would agree with me...
Granted. But you aren't a mass shooter. The OP seems to have applied it to ALL gun owners, but that is certainly not what the article says. I hate guns, but as long as people have them, it makes sense to try and understand why a few people do the obscene things with guns that they do.
No one who is reasonable believes every guy with a gun has a masculinity problem.

I didn't say or imply that all gun owners have damaged masculinity.

I have highlighted your words that it seem you do believe all gun owners have damaged masculinity.

What I worry about is my countrymen elsewhere who seem to be going off the rails with regularity these days, and shooting their neighbors, fellow shoppers, wives, whatever. It has to be almost impossible to predict who is going to go nuts, so my theory is that if a LOT less people were armed, a LOT less people would get killed by guns.

Guns do not kill people. If they did prisons would be full of them. Instead people with guns kill people. If you take guns away then the strong will prey on the weak and knives and swords and bats will be in big demand. No offense but you don't appear to be able to see clearly on this issue. If someone has broken into your house and you can, you'll call the police right? You'll call people with guns to protect you. I believe that when seconds count the police are minutes away. Get yourself a gun lady and learn how to use it.

I see.

Nukes don't kill people either. What's our issue with Iran having them exactly?

I've always thought the male obsession with guns in the U.S. was a little odd, and this would be a more clear explanation. Men who feel inadequate need to arm up...

No.

I own two shotguns and one is for hunting and the other is for home defense, and it has nothing to do with my masculinity.

Maybe it does for some men but for me it has nothing to do with my masculinity and I know many hunters like me that would agree with me...
Granted. But you aren't a mass shooter. The OP seems to have applied it to ALL gun owners, but that is certainly not what the article says. I hate guns, but as long as people have them, it makes sense to try and understand why a few people do the obscene things with guns that they do.
No one who is reasonable believes every guy with a gun has a masculinity problem.

I have highlighted your words that it seem you do believe all gun owners have damaged masculinity.

Nope. It does not follow that "all who arm up feel inadequate". It's called basic logic and reading comprehension.

No.

Nope. It does not follow that "all who arm up feel inadequate". It's called basic logic and reading comprehension.

Sure and I am writing what you wrote come off you claiming every man that own a gun is inadequate in masculinity, but please tell me about my reading comprehension when I highlighted your own words...

If you do not own any form of firearm then you have no clue about what you are writing about and you should first investigate the reality of most gun owners versus the select few nutters that make those like me look bad.

I know, I know, I know how dare I tell you to research the matter when some Progressive Liberal site can give you all the information you need, right?

What I worry about is my countrymen elsewhere who seem to be going off the rails with regularity these days, and shooting their neighbors, fellow shoppers, wives, whatever. It has to be almost impossible to predict who is going to go nuts, so my theory is that if a LOT less people were armed, a LOT less people would get killed by guns.

Guns do not kill people. If they did prisons would be full of them. Instead people with guns kill people. If you take guns away then the strong will prey on the weak and knives and swords and bats will be in big demand. No offense but you don't appear to be able to see clearly on this issue. If someone has broken into your house and you can, you'll call the police right? You'll call people with guns to protect you. I believe that when seconds count the police are minutes away. Get yourself a gun lady and learn how to use it.
I choose not to own a gun; that's been a life-long choice. Thanks for your concern, though, really.

No.

Sure and I am writing what you wrote come off you claiming every man that own a gun is inadequate in masculinity, but please tell me about my reading comprehension when I highlighted your own words...

If you do not own any form of firearm then you have no clue about what you are writing about and you should first investigate the reality of most gun owners versus the select few nutters that make those like me look bad.

I know, I know, I know how dare I tell you to research the matter when some Progressive Liberal site can give you all the information you need, right?

Yes, you highlighted my own words, you just didn't comprehend their meaning. My words do not state or imply that I believe ALL GUN-OWNERS have damaged masculinity.

And you go on to further demonstrate your ineptitude at reading by falsely claiming that I don't have a gun, when I in fact explicitly stated that I do own one.

Yes, how dare I tell you that you can't read when you demonstrate clearly that you cannot.

Only a retarded demoqueer would think that. Besides, if that were true, I never would have bought a gun with a two inch barrel.

Yeah, you're kind of making my point with your homophobic slurs and defensive response.
This is a flame thread dumped in the cdz, what a moron.

I see.

You can't be this deluded, can you? So the nukes just decide who they're gonna blast and have at it right?

Does the author of the piece in the very first post realize that when he says...mass shootings are a strangely American event.....that the worst mass shootings happened in Norway, and South Korea? And that of the top 10 several of them happened in Germany.....? Mass shootings do happen in other countries.....and they tend to have higher body counts because the European police are either not armed.....or poorly trained at dealing with shooters......

Australia had 2 or 3 since they confiscated their guns....which was about the norm for them.....before they confiscated their guns...now they tend to also have mass killings thru arson......

I see.

You can't be this deluded, can you? So the nukes just decide who they're gonna blast and have at it right?
Nukes don't kill people the same way guns don't kill people. People operating the guns kill people, as people operating the nukes kill people.
See how that goes?

NO I'm too stupid to grasp that. Either way, if you don't touch the nuke or the gun they won't hurt you. It's when you put them together with people that the problem arises. Now you can't compare nukes to guns, as there is no comparison. But since a person with a gun might try to kill me, I have my own gun in the hopes of maybe stopping them. I can't own a nuke and wouldn't want to because they are too destructive, and like if I got all drunk and forgot the put the safety on, i'd blow out half my house.

Plus if I did have a nuke someone would think that I must have a really tiny pee pee.

NO I'm too stupid to grasp that. Either way, if you don't touch the nuke or the gun they won't hurt you. It's when you put them together with people that the problem arises. Now you can't compare nukes to guns, as there is no comparison. But since a person with a gun might try to kill me, I have my own gun in the hopes of maybe stopping them. I can't own a nuke and wouldn't want to because they are too destructive, and like if I got all drunk and forgot the put the safety on, i'd blow out half my house.

Plus if I did have a nuke someone would think that I must have a really tiny pee pee.
Yes only half your house.

As a veteran, I carry all the time (round in the chamber). Having it with me makes me feel more at ease post service.

I am posting this on the anniversary of the Columbine HS shooting. All the attackers on 9/11 were also male and had a major chip on their shoulders. All with death wishes and something to prove.

You precious little snowflake you.

Forum List

Back