DADT Vote - Live!!!

.....But, looks aren't EVERYthing!!!!!

freeper-alert.jpg

Well we can thank the republicans for passage of DADT, it's about time they were for something.:clap2::eusa_drool:
Yeah....EIGHT of them.....quite the fuckin' avalanche.

:rolleyes:

perkins_0.jpg

"Tony Perkins, the Family Research Council's president, said: "The American military exists for only one purpose – to fight and win wars. It has now been hijacked and turned into a tool for imposing on the country a radical social agenda."

Let's HEAR IT for the Council of Conservative Citizens!!!!!

(Apologies to those folks who're used to seeing it spelled with Ks....rather-than Cs.)​

8 GOPers was far more than I expected, and should further pwn silly lefty slander that our party's homophobic, I mean we were FOUNDED ON CIVIL RIGHTS.

There are more gays working in the GOP anyway than the Jackass party.

I hope and pray so. I'll be out there on the front lines proudly pwning freak show bigots like SwordOfDamocles, Sunni Man, SaggyinNola, etc.

Yet the repeal is far more than just a single policy shift. The overturning of "don't ask, don't tell" is likely to create a ripple effect in addressing other gay-rights issues, as many states continue to debate issues including same-sex marriage and the right of gay partners to share benefits the same way legally married couples do. With gay service members serving openly, it will become difficult for policy makers to justify, say, withholding visitation rights or survivor benefits to the same-sex spouse of a wounded or fallen soldier.

In a historic vote, the Senate overturns ‘don’t ask, don’t tell’ - Yahoo! News

Stand by for a reinstatement of the draft, because I can easily imagine a mass migration out of the service, if this continues.
No one expected the Skinheads & White Separatists to stay (all-that-long), anyhow.....due to their cowardly-nature, and all.....​

I congratulate Sens. Scott Brown of Massachusetts, Mark Kirk of Illinois, Richard Burr of North Carolina, John Ensign of Nevada, George Voinovich of Ohio, Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, and Susan Collins and Olympia Snowe, both of Maine for showing the political courage to do the right thing

The rest of the Republican Party shows once again they are on the wrong side of history

Brown, snowe, Collins, and Murkowski do not need thanks. Murkowski is pissed and the othr three are New England republicans. As for Burr we in North Carolina will address this issue with him shortly.

The military is NO PLACE to be asking such questions...period.

Social experimentation does not belong here with the mission of the armed forces. It is an unwanted/unnecessary distraction.

A POX on the Legislators for this and during the Clinton Administration.

1859 called. it wants its ideas back.

Fuck Off Karl.

Now go play in the traffic.

ya know what, Tommy Two Tone? I retract my statement and offer apologies.

In light of one of the most historic advancement of civil rights since the ADA, instead of pointing and laughing at those of us would prefer we return to the glory days of American history when straight white males were free to rule and minorities and gays were free to suck it up and fucking deal, I'd prefer to look forward.

...Forward to a time when small-minded fucks who can't see past their own ignorance and bigotry are marginalized even further, made to rant in smaller and smaller corner of the internet without the tacit support of large portions of the so-called Conservative movement. A time when we won't determine who is fit to marry based on who they love, and when our brave men and women in the military won't feel threatened with expulsion if it's learned that they love people of the same gender.

Make no mistake, Tommy boy - that time is coming. Your bigotry owned the past. It will not own the future. Welcome to our world, Tommy - enjoy your stay! And please don't play in the traffic.

Last edited:
I congratulate Sens. Scott Brown of Massachusetts, Mark Kirk of Illinois, Richard Burr of North Carolina, John Ensign of Nevada, George Voinovich of Ohio, Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, and Susan Collins and Olympia Snowe, both of Maine for showing the political courage to do the right thing

The rest of the Republican Party shows once again they are on the wrong side of history

Brown, snowe, Collins, and Murkowski do not need thanks. Murkowski is pissed and the othr three are New England republicans. As for Burr we in North Carolina will address this issue with him shortly.

Shortly? Is there an election in the next few months for Senator? Last I checked...he's not up for reelection til 2016.

But seriously, we don't expect much from a state that kept voting for Jesse Helms. Low expectations there.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Stand by for a reinstatement of the draft, because I can easily imagine a mass migration out of the service, if this continues.

Yeah, they said that in a number of the countries that lifted their ban. Their homophobic sour grapes eaters said the same exact thing, that people would get out in droves if "forced" to serve with honestly serving gays and lesbians. Care to venture a guess to what REALLY happened?

In the recent Pentagon survey, only 7% said that DADT would be the #1 issue in their consideration to re-enlist. Sounds like those 7% aren't really there to serve their country and SHOULD get out anyway.
Bingo!!!!

"In 2004, the Pentagon published a "Moral Waiver Study,"http://www.nickturse.com/articles/misc_recruiting.html whose seemingly benign goal was "to better define relationships between pre-Service behaviors and subsequent Service success." That turned out to mean opening more recruitment doors to potential enlistees with criminal records.

In February, the Baltimore Sun wrote that there was "a significant increase in the number of recruits with what the Army terms 'serious criminal misconduct' in their background" -- a category that included "aggravated assault, robbery, vehicular manslaughter, receiving stolen property and making terrorist threats." From 2004 to 2005, the number of those recruits rose by more than 54 percent, while alcohol and illegal drug waivers, reversing a four-year decline, increased by more than 13 percent.

In June, the Chicago Sun-Times reported that, under pressure to fill the ranks, the Army had been allowing into its ranks increasing numbers of "recruits convicted of misdemeanor crimes, according to experts and military records." In fact, as the military's own data indicated, "the percentage of recruits entering the Army with waivers for misdemeanors and medical problems has more than doubled since 2001."

One beneficiary of the Army's new moral-waiver policies gained a certain prominence this summer. After Steven Green, who served in the 101st Airborne Division, was charged in a rape and quadruple murder in Mahmudiyah, Iraq, it was disclosed that he had been "a high-school dropout from a broken home who enlisted to get some direction in his life, yet was sent home early because of an anti-social personality disorder.

The New York Times noted that the neo-Nazi magazine Resistance is actually recruiting for the U.S. military, urging "skinheads to join the Army and insist on being assigned to light infantry units." As the magazine explained, "The coming race war and the ethnic cleansing to follow will be very much an infantryman's war. ... It will be house-to-house ... until your town or city is cleared and the alien races are driven into the countryside where they can be hunted down and 'cleansed.' "

Apparently, the recruiting push has worked. Barfield reported that he and other investigators have identified a network of neo-Nazi active-duty Army and Marine personnel spread across five military installations in five states. "They're communicating with each other about weapons, about recruiting, about keeping their identities secret, about organizing within the military," he said.

Little wonder that Aryan Nation graffiti is now apparently competing for space with American inner-city gang graffiti in Iraq."

My heart pumps purple piss for them. It still isn't the time, and certainly not by a lame duck congress. Watch for the problems. If the military doesn't place a gag order on them.
.....While they're still protecting OUR Country (the same way YOU supposedly did)!!!

That's some gratitude ya' got, there.

:eusa_eh:

Supposedly? Fuck you dumbass.
I hate to disappoint you, but....I "don't go, that way". :rolleyes:

(Sounds like you might be anxious to re-up!! :eusa_whistle: )​

I hope and pray so. I'll be out there on the front lines proudly pwning freak show bigots like SwordOfDamocles, Sunni Man, SaggyinNola, etc.

Yet the repeal is far more than just a single policy shift. The overturning of "don't ask, don't tell" is likely to create a ripple effect in addressing other gay-rights issues, as many states continue to debate issues including same-sex marriage and the right of gay partners to share benefits the same way legally married couples do. With gay service members serving openly, it will become difficult for policy makers to justify, say, withholding visitation rights or survivor benefits to the same-sex spouse of a wounded or fallen soldier.

In a historic vote, the Senate overturns ‘don’t ask, don’t tell’ - Yahoo! News

Same sex spouse? Wow, I didn't realize this was such an issue. So, how long has the military been pushing to up their ranks with homosexuals?

I mean, since you guys so love the military, I have to believe that recruiting openly gay people has to have been at the top of the military "to do" list.. right?

Forum List

Back