DADT Vote - Live!!!

I mean, since you guys so love the military, I have to believe that recruiting openly gay people has to have been at the top of the military "to do" list.. right?

I think the top of the military's to-do list inclues recruiting the absolute smartest, toughest, most dedicate soldiers they can find, regardless of sexual orientation. if that smartest, toughest and most dedicated soldier happens to be gay, that will no longer prevent them from serving openly.

1859 called. it wants its ideas back.

Fuck Off Karl.

Now go play in the traffic.

ya know what, Tommy Two Tone? I retract my statement and offer apologies.

In light of one of the most historic advancement of civil rights since the ADA, instead of pointing and laughing at those of us would prefer we return to the glory days of American history when straight white males were free to rule and minorities and gays were free to suck it up and fucking deal, I'd prefer to look forward.

...Forward to a time when small-minded fucks who can't see past their own ignorance and bigotry are marginalized even further, made to rant in smaller and smaller corner of the internet without the tacit support of large portions of the so-called Conservative movement. A time when we won't determine who is fit to marry based on who they love, and when our brave men and women in the military won't feel threatened with expulsion if it's learned that they love people of the same gender.

Make no mistake, Tommy boy - that time is coming. Your bigotry owned the past. It will not own the future. Welcome to our world, Tommy - enjoy your stay! And please don't play in the traffic.

To Reinterate? Fuck Off Karl.

Fuck Off Karl.

In light of one of the most historic advancement of civil rights since the ADA, instead of pointing and laughing at those of us would prefer we return to the glory days of American history when straight white males were free to rule and minorities and gays were free to suck it up and fucking deal, I'd prefer to look forward.

...Forward to a time when small-minded fucks who can't see past their own ignorance and bigotry are marginalized even further, made to rant in smaller and smaller corner of the internet without the tacit support of large portions of the so-called Conservative movement. A time when we won't determine who is fit to marry based on who they love, and when our brave men and women in the military won't feel threatened with expulsion if it's learned that they love people of the same gender.

Make no mistake, Tommy boy - that time is coming. Your bigotry owned the past. It will not own the future. Welcome to our world, Tommy - enjoy your stay! And please don't play in the traffic.

Yeah, they were bitter in 1947 too.

Stand by for a reinstatement of the draft, because I can easily imagine a mass migration out of the service, if this continues.

Actually if the draft were reinstated, I believe you'd see a mass exodus from this country rather than the service. Obviously you weren't around during the Viet Nam war or if you were weren't paying much attention.
Not necessarily.

After what we'd experienced, during 'Nam....when the subject of reinstating comes-up....most people insist on few-to-ZERO deferments!!!!

If that was the situation, we'd be FAR-less-likely to ever see anything like the Iraq Hustle, ever again!!!!

After all.....rich-peoples'-kids are our most-precious resource.....and, we wouldn't want to make any mistakes......anymore. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I hope and pray so. I'll be out there on the front lines proudly pwning freak show bigots like SwordOfDamocles, Sunni Man, SaggyinNola, etc.

Yet the repeal is far more than just a single policy shift. The overturning of "don't ask, don't tell" is likely to create a ripple effect in addressing other gay-rights issues, as many states continue to debate issues including same-sex marriage and the right of gay partners to share benefits the same way legally married couples do. With gay service members serving openly, it will become difficult for policy makers to justify, say, withholding visitation rights or survivor benefits to the same-sex spouse of a wounded or fallen soldier.

In a historic vote, the Senate overturns ‘don’t ask, don’t tell’ - Yahoo! News

Same sex spouse? Wow, I didn't realize this was such an issue. So, how long has the military been pushing to up their ranks with homosexuals?

Since the beginning of the US military.

Of course a same sex spouse is an issue. While we have repealed DADT, there is still an inequity in the way gay soldiers will be treated compared to heterosexual soldiers. Gays and lesbians will not get married BAQ or get base housing for even their legal spouses. Their spouses won't get medical care or be eligible for their spouse's retirement should something happen to the retiree.

There is still plenty of work to be done. Repealing DOMA is the next step.

I hope and pray so. I'll be out there on the front lines proudly pwning freak show bigots like SwordOfDamocles, Sunni Man, SaggyinNola, etc.

Yet the repeal is far more than just a single policy shift. The overturning of "don't ask, don't tell" is likely to create a ripple effect in addressing other gay-rights issues, as many states continue to debate issues including same-sex marriage and the right of gay partners to share benefits the same way legally married couples do. With gay service members serving openly, it will become difficult for policy makers to justify, say, withholding visitation rights or survivor benefits to the same-sex spouse of a wounded or fallen soldier.

Same sex spouse? Wow, I didn't realize this was such an issue. So, how long has the military been pushing to up their ranks with homosexuals?

Of course a same sex spouse is an issue. While we have repealed DADT, there is still an inequity in the way gay soldiers will be treated compared to heterosexual soldiers. Gays and lesbians will not get married BAQ or get base housing for even their legal spouses. Their spouses won't get medical care or be eligible for their spouse's retirement should something happen to the retiree.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Ahhh DOMA, yet another piece of garbage from the most anti-gay admin. in U.S. history.

Stand by for a reinstatement of the draft, because I can easily imagine a mass migration out of the service, if this continues.

Actually if the draft were reinstated, I believe you'd see a mass exodus from this country rather than the service. Obviously you weren't around during the Viet Nam war or if you were weren't paying much attention.
Not necessarily.

After what we'd experienced, during 'Nam....when the subject of reinstating comes-up....most people insist on few-to-ZERO deferments!!!!

If that was the situation, we'd be FAR-less-likely to ever see anything like the Iraq Hustle, ever again!!!!

After all.....rich-peoples'-kids are our most-precious resource.....and, we wouldn't want to make any mistakes......anymore. :rolleyes:

We need a permanent draft to insure every citizen serves his country. The idea that we would excuse anyone from this duty is immoral. A two year hitch would be good enough.

Last edited:

Rather incomplete in saying MOST black folk...I need stats from all, not just church goers.

I believe the original claim came from a poll conducted a few years back. There wasnt any point in posting a snap shot of the period. I gave you part of the answer. You just dont seem to want to embrace this section. You have done nothing to even dispute let alone refute.
In-other-words....ya' got NOTHIN'!!!!

Ya' gotta quit buyin' those Absolutes that Porky Limbaugh & FAUX Noise are sellin'. :eusa_whistle:

Really? Who told you that?

Really? Who told you that?

Who told me what? Which point are you contesting?

All of those against the repeal of DADT are skirting the real problem they have with it. While many military members already "know" their buddies who are gay, in the future, there will be no need to hide and more and more and more of those who serve will see that their gay shipmates and fellow soldiers are just as competent, just as effective as they are.....and military bonds are some of the strongest and most lasting in the world. And military members, for the most part are conservative.....what is this going to do to the social conservatives' future base when they want to continue discrimination against things like gay marriage?
If you hone-it-down, just a little-farther, you hit the core o' segregation/racism/bigotry, in-general!

It's about money....it's about GREED....it's about EXCLUSION!!!!

Hell.....when it comes right-down-to-it, it's about LAZINESS!!!

Think about it.....why should "conservatives" have to (actually) work/compete, for ANYTHING....when all they have to do is EXCLUDE any-and-all competition??!!!

It happens in Corporate America, all-the-time..... :eusa_whistle:

I believe the original claim came from a poll conducted a few years back. There wasnt any point in posting a snap shot of the period. I gave you part of the answer. You just dont seem to want to embrace this section. You have done nothing to even dispute let alone refute.

The initial claim is MOST black folk...have you proven the MOST aspect?

I wasnt attempting to do anything but to provide some aditional information for your closed mind.
....With bullshit??....With what They say???

:eusa_eh:

I wasnt attempting to do anything but to provide some aditional information for your closed mind.

How is my mind closed?

Lets examine that.

You were given additional information in which you promptly ignored.

You also come across as your opinion is the only one that matters here.

I am not impressed. Yes I too am a veteran. So dont even try that line of BS.

How can you say I ignored additional information when I replied to you, clarifying that your stats did not cover the criteria of MOST? If I were ignoring your information, I would not have replied to you nor addressed your stats.

And me saying I'm a veteran is a "line of BS" now? :eusa_eh:

Now that the fudgepackers and crack snackers can swing openly in the military, the douchebag democrats say America is safer. Gee I feel safer already knowing faggots will be giving free blowjobs on the front lines.

Besides you going on about sex again, surely you are not saying that you are so ignorant that you didn't know that most anal/oral sex is practiced by straights....and yes straight soldiers and sailors too.

The Pentagon survey is so flawed that it shouldn't be referenced by either side of this issue.

How is the survey flawed? You keep saying that-so I'm just wondering why you think it's flawed?

Also I love how the conservatives on here are all for democracy-they just love it. They claim it's the cornerstone our society, and it's the best in the world (I agree with these things)..until it turns on their views. Then it's tyranny. :cuckoo:

10 Problems With Obama's 'Don't Ask' Report - HUMAN EVENTS

And I don't really look at this as a left vs right issue. It is wrong for the armed forces, especially right now with the over stressed military we currently have. (At least that's what we keep getting told.)
Gee.....who'd have guessed....he's an ally of Tony Perkins. :rolleyes:

"In addition, Maginnis predicted that heterosexual service members would be forced to take “sensitivity classes” that promote the “homosexual lifestyle” and added that: “Homosexual activists seek to force the U.S. military to embrace their radical views and sexual conduct, no matter the consequences for combat effectiveness.”

"Another advisor to the MWG was Lt. Col. Robert Maginnis, a deeply homophobic evangelical who became vice president of the Family Research Council. While Maginnis admitted that he found homosexuality "morally repugnant," he cast the question of gay service in terms of "unit cohesion" for what he called "political reasons"--because he knew this approach would be more effective than moral tirades against equal treatment for gays. Maginnis, who believes gays are "unstable" hedonists who can't control themselves and are tainted by something called "gay bowel syndrome," was only the tip of the iceberg: in fact the "unit cohesion" rationale was an elaborate strategy created by a network of evangelical military officers and supporters who knowingly sold an anti-gay policy rooted in religion as though it were essential to protecting national security. And for too long, the nation drank the koolaid."

Now that the fudgepackers and crack snackers can swing openly in the military, the douchebag democrats say America is safer. Gee I feel safer already knowing faggots will be giving free blowjobs on the front lines.

Besides you going on about sex again, surely you are not saying that you are so ignorant that you didn't know that most anal/oral sex is practiced by straights....and yes straight soldiers and sailors too.

I'm really beginning to think this weirdo bigot is a pure bred troll, his constant FLAMING (lol) posts are all the proof needed.

Either that or he's a true blue, inbred, wacko, KKKer who can't seem to stop thinking and talking bout us homos.:eek:

Like I said, ^^looks like somebody's in the closet^^:lol:

Fuck Off Karl.

And to "reinterate" my point, Tommy: Welcome to the dustbin of history, where - eventually - all ignorant, bigoted old fools find themselves. Happy sweeping, boyo.

Forum List

Back