Dad Makes Daughter Walk to School in 36-Degree Weather for Bullying...was he right to do it?!

I think that the dad did a good thing in this case. Why? She bullied a student and was warned, and her dad took away some of her privileges for a while.

She then did it again and got kicked off the bus. But, she still had to go to school, and the dad thought that it would be a good learning experience for her.

Shoot..................I lived in Montana, and had a 1/2 mile hike each way from my house, just to get to the bus stop, and then it was a 45 min. ride to go 30 miles to get to school. And, there were times that I was walking in the snow, in below zero temps.

Sorry, but I can't get too worked up about a kid walking to school for punishment. She had a coat, walking keeps you warm, and her father was following her with the car.

I think that the dad did a good thing in this case. Why? She bullied a student and was warned, and her dad took away some of her privileges for a while.

She then did it again and got kicked off the bus. But, she still had to go to school, and the dad thought that it would be a good learning experience for her.

Shoot..................I lived in Montana, and had a 1/2 mile hike each way from my house, just to get to the bus stop, and then it was a 45 min. ride to go 30 miles to get to school. And, there were times that I was walking in the snow, in below zero temps.

Sorry, but I can't get too worked up about a kid walking to school for punishment. She had a coat, walking keeps you warm, and her father was following her with the car.
I was going to ask if he followed and watched her

That would be my only worry about such penalties

The 5miles might be a bit much, but the temp thing is just bullshit emo propaganda.

All three of my boy walked the 2 miles to school in negative 20 F by choice...

Last edited:
Shoot, the last half of my Navy career, I decided that I didn't need a car, because of all the deploying that I was doing, so I bought a bicycle and decided to use that as transportation.

There were times that I was riding in single digit weather, and my average commute was around 7 to 10 miles, each way.

Sorry, but making the kid walk to school for 3 days isn't all that bad.

The 5miles might be a bit much, but the temp thing is just bullshit emo propoganda.

All three of my boy walked the 2 miles to school in -20 F by choice...
Five miles is a tough hike for a kid but doable.

After a week she might impress herself with the accomplishment.

Last edited:
the length of the walk and the temperature is no big deal , too bad that the Dad had to watch over the 10 year old because of a messed up American Society and because if he hadn't watched over the kid the 'busy bodies' woulda called the Cops on him .

The 5miles might be a bit much, but the temp thing is just bullshit emo propoganda.

5 miles might be a bit much? Really? For a teenager? I would hike that distance or more every time I went fishing, which was damn near every weekend in the summer.

the length pf the walk and the temperature is no big deal , too bad that the Dad had to watch over the 10 year old because of a messed up American Society and because if he hadn't watched over the kid the 'busy bodies' woulda called the Cops on him .

Wow Pismoe, we have something we agree on.

Good for him. A man who truly loves his daughter. Next time, she'll "think".

5 miles might be a bit much? Really? For a teenager? I would hike that distance or more every time I went fishing, which was damn near every weekend in the summer.
It seemed today five miles over three days. Not sure it was five miles a day

I agree, I mean I put on 7-8 miles everyday as a teen, but times have changed and kids are pussies these days so... yeah.

I was going to ask if he followed and watched her

That would be my only worry about such penalties

This was on the news, dad followed her and broke up the 5 miles over three days.

Great dad and hopefully she learned a lesson

It seemed today five miles over three days. Not sure it was five miles a day

The average human walks at around 2 1/2 miles/hour. She would have only been walking for maybe 2 hours if it was 5 miles each way.

Forum List

Back