Dad Cured 2 yo Son’s Cancer with Cannabis

tumblr_lh4602ZCJd1qhocp7o1_400.jpg

And these are doctors!!!

In all seriousness, the father's biggest problem was that his son was at a Cancer Hospital in Utah and not Montana where it is legal. That and the father was sneaking it into his feeding tube at the hospital. If he got caught, it would have been bad. Not that he cared, and I don't know that I blame him.

Do you not understand that many medications are to help people survive the side effects of other medications?

This doesn't answer my question.

Surgery and chemo destroyed the cancer.

The MJ controlled the symptoms of the chemo.

He gave him the cannibis via cannibis oil through his feeding tube.

OK, that makes sense. Thanks. So the marijuana didn't cure him, but it certainly played a key role in the process.

This doesn't answer my question.

Surgery and chemo destroyed the cancer.

The MJ controlled the symptoms of the chemo.

He gave him the cannibis via cannibis oil through his feeding tube.

OK, that makes sense. Thanks. So the marijuana didn't cure him, but it certainly played a key role in the process.

Yes. The efficacy of MJ as a chemotherapy drug were greatly overstated in the title, but it worked well for what it is known to work well for: chemo induced nausea.

But a father using illegal drugs, experimenting on a 2 year old????????:cuckoo:
Evidently the man knew what he was doing. And the fact that his action was clearly successful negates your cynical observation.

This was not the first time a calculated risk or a questionable venture in a medical situation has produced a positive effect. The history of modern medical science is replete with such examples.

The active ingredient in marijuana may help fight brain tumors, a new study suggests.

Researchers say the cannabinoids found in marijuana may aid in brain tumor treatment by targeting the genes needed for the tumors to sprout blood vessels and grow.

Their study showed that cannabinoids inhibited genes needed for the production of vascular growth factor (VEGF) in laboratory mice with glioma brain tumors and two patients with late-stage glioblastoma multiforme, a form of brain cancer.

VEGF is a protein that stimulates blood vessels to grow. Tumors need an abundant blood supply because they generally grow rapidly. So when VEGF is blocked, tumors starve from lack of blood supply and nutrients.
Marijuana May Stall Brain Tumor Growth

There is another article I read about it helping with brain tumors. I will try to find it later.

To all that are against medical pot better hope that you don't get cancer!

Last edited:
To me jokes about a deathy ill child are not funny.

But teaching a 2 year old to smoke dope is a wonderful act. Where did the old man get the stuff? From the Pope?

Hey "shit for brains" the kid isn't smoking it ya moron! It's added intravenously. And since he no longer needs the chemo, I'm sure he's off the thc which he will have no memory of it when he grows up. Your a prime example why some people should not smoke pot!

Last edited:
To me jokes about a deathy ill child are not funny.

But teaching a 2 year old to smoke dope is a wonderful act. Where did the old man get the stuff? From the Pope?

Hey "shit for brains" the kid isn't smoking it ya moron! It's added intravenously. And since he no longer needs the chemo, I'm sure he's off the thc which he will have no memory of it when he grows up. Your a prime example why some people should not smoke pot!

It was added by a G-tube. Running IV MJ Oil would kill anyone instantly. Hell, sticking 10 ml of air into an IV line will kill someone. Also, to get the benefits of the THC, the oil has to be metabolized through the GI system.

But the larger point is: all the people talking about "smoking" obviously didn't take the time to watch the video.

I am against Medical MJ. I think they should just legalize it. It works well for people on chemo. Not everyone with cancer get's chemo. It's a little silly to claim that MJ is a crucial ingredient in cancer management.

FWIW, I initially supported medical MJ. Now I see it as a farce. If it were limited to people with cancer or HIV who truly needed appetite stimulation, I think it would have been great.

As it stands, people have abused "soft pathologies" like fibromyalgia and anxiety disorders (often times I am suspect that many of these people are actually in need of MJ to manage these problems and are just milking subjective psych disorders to get legal MJ for recreational purposes) and turned physicians into pot dealers. God forbid I graduate Medical School, I didn't become a Dr. to become a pot dealer. If medical MJ were legal in my state, I'd hand out scripts to the terminally ill, people on Chemo, or people who had wasting diseases like HIV. Everyone else would get a big "no". I have become disillusioned with the farce that is medical MJ. I have no problem with people using MJ, I just want them to be honest about it. If you want to smoke recreationally, go for it. Just don't put me in the middle of it and don't embellish pathology. They should just legalize the damn thing and keep the rest of us out of it.

I am against Medical MJ. I think they should just legalize it. It works well for people on chemo. Not everyone with cancer get's chemo. It's a little silly to claim that MJ is a crucial ingredient in cancer management.

FWIW, I initially supported medical MJ. Now I see it as a farce. If it were limited to people with cancer or HIV who truly needed appetite stimulation, I think it would have been great.

As it stands, people have abused "soft pathologies" like fibromyalgia and anxiety disorders (often times I am suspect that many of these people are actually in need of MJ to manage these problems and are just milking subjective psych disorders to get legal MJ for recreational purposes) and turned physicians into pot dealers. God forbid I graduate Medical School, I didn't become a Dr. to become a pot dealer. If medical MJ were legal in my state, I'd hand out scripts to the terminally ill, people on Chemo, or people who had wasting diseases like HIV. Everyone else would get a big "no". I have become disillusioned with the farce that is medical MJ. I have no problem with people using MJ, I just want them to be honest about it. If you want to smoke recreationally, go for it. Just don't put me in the middle of it and don't embellish pathology. They should just legalize the damn thing and keep the rest of us out of it.
The notion that recipients of cannabis for recreational purposes are turning physicians into pot dealers is obliquely analogous to the idea that women who seek abortions are turning physicians into baby-killers.

If I complain to you, as physician, that I am troubled by random periods of intense anxiety and I tell you that marijuana relaxes me and allows me to sleep, unless you are willing and able to subject me to long term observation under laboratory conditions there is no way for you to know if my complaint is real, imagined or bogus. So, inasmuch as it is perfectly legal for you to prescribe marijuana for anxiety, and this is the medication I prefer, and inasmuch as you believe that marijuana should be legally available for adult consumption, why do you choose to assume what essentially is a moralistically authoritarian position?

Of course you have every right to refuse my request. But if you do and if I go around the corner to Dr. Jones who listens to my complaint, writes the script I want and accepts my payment, how have you worked it out that I've turned Dr. Jones into a pot dealer? What is the difference between Dr. Jones and those MDs who prescribe Valium and other tranquilizers to millions of nervous, bored, anxious or perpetually pissed-off housewives every day?

Forum List

Back