DACA issue brings out the hateful un-Americans

Trump needs to visit the Statue of Liberty

STATUE OF LIBERTY

ā€œGive me your tired, your poor/Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free/The wretched refuse of your teeming shore/Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me/I lift my lamp beside the golden door!ā€

"The Statue of Liberty Enlightening the World" was a gift of friendship from the people of France to the United States and is recognized as a universal symbol of freedom and democracy. The Statue of Liberty was dedicated on October 28, 1886. It was designated as a National Monument in 1924. Employees of the National Park Service have been caring for the colossal copper statue since 1933.

In 1892, the U.S. government opened a federal immigration station on Ellis Island, located near Bedloeā€™s Island in Upper New York Bay. Between 1892 and 1954, some 12 million immigrants were processed on Ellis Island before receiving permission to enter the United States. From 1900-14, during the peak years of its operation, some 5,000 to 10,000 people passed through every day.

You need to read our Constitution.

NONE of those coming through Ellis Island (all my grandparents shortly after the turn of the last century) were here illegally.

A sonnet, the result of a contest inscribed on the Statue of Liberty does not make law.

We have a right and a legal obligation to defend our borders.

Is that true or false?

Last edited:
I do not know that the courts were about to terminate DACA. That is just some made up bovine excrement. He was reacting- prematurely, and stupidly declaring a short and arbitrary time frame- to the threat of a lawsuit that had not even been files yet.

Compassionate? We'll see how compassionate he is when congress fails to act. If he extends DACA is base will abandon him and he could not stand that.

How exactly was DACA a "failed policy" ?Your uneducated opinion that it is unconstitutional is not worth a hill of beans

Of course, you don't know about it, you lap at the bowl of progressive sites eager to feed you only what they wish for you to know.

Federal judge rules DACA likely violates the law but he dismisses ICE agents suit on technicality
PUBLISHED:
Wed,
JUL 31st 2013 @ 4:58 pm EDT by Roy Beck

The federal court today essentially agreed with the ICE agents.

But the court dismissed the court suit today based on a procedural question and not the merits of the case.

The judge wrote in today's opinion that he had concluded that:

Plaintiffs were likely to succeed on the merits of their claim that the Department of Homeland Security has implemented a program contrary to congressional mandate. "

Kris Kobach, the lead attorney for the ICE agents, issued this statement:

Today, the court once again made clear that the Obama Administrationā€™s DACA Directive violates federal law.

"The question that the court focused on in the ruling was a purely jurisdictional oneā€”whether this case can proceed in federal court or whether it must go through administrative bodies in the executive branch.

"But the fact remains that the Obama Administration is ordering ICE agents to break the law, as recognized by a federal court. It is imperative that this attack on the rule of law be stopped, one way or another.ā€

Federal judge rules DACA likely violates the law but he dismisses ICE agents suit on technicality

###

DACA is unconstitutional and Obamaā€™s the ā€˜cruelā€™ one
By Cheryl K. Chumley - The Washington Times - Thursday, September 7, 2017
ANALYSIS/OPINION:

The Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, DACA, came into being on the wings of an unconstitutional act.

Thatā€™s the core theme here ā€” not that President Donald Trump is cruel, not that law-and-order Republicans are heartless, not even that poor innocent families may be torn apart and sent their separate ways.

DACA is unconstitutional.

Barack Obama brought the amnesty provision into being in 2012, by unilateral action, after he couldnā€™t get his way in Congress.

In 2014, Obama tried to expand DACA, but was rebuffed by rebelling states and court rulings.

And all this after Obama himself noted he couldnā€™t go it alone on immigration policy ā€” that, as he said in 2010, ā€œI am president, I am not king,ā€ and that, as he said in 2011, ā€œwith respect to the notion that I can just suspend deportations through executive order, thatā€™s just not the case.ā€

DACA is unconstitutional and Obamaā€™s the ā€˜cruelā€™ one

###

NEWS
MAY 26 2015, 5:12 PM ET
Court: Obamaā€™s Immigration Programs to Remain on Hold
by SUZANNE GAMBOA

The 5th Circuit Court of Appeals refused to lift a Texas judge's injunction that put on hold Obama administration immigration programs providing deferrals of deportations and work permits for millions of immigrants illegally in the U.S.

The programs were made possible through executive action ordered by President Barack Obama. The appeals court ruled 2-1 against the administration Tuesday. The decision arises from a lawsuit filed by 26 states opposing the programs, known by their acronyms DACA and DAPA. The lawsuit did not challenge a more limited form of DACA that Obama authorized in 2012.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, whose state is leading the legal challenge, hailed the decision saying Obama's "attempt to bypass the will of the American people was successfully checked again today."

The federal government had asked the appeals court for an emergency stay, setting aside the Texas judge's block on Obama's action. But the appeals court said the government is unlikely to succeed in its appeal of the Texas judge's decision and so would not issue the stay. In addition, the appeals court rejected an additional government request that the programs be allowed to go forward in other states outside of Texas.

Court: Obama's Immigration Programs to Remain on Hold

###

News release from Tennessee Immigrant and Refugee Rights Coalition:
Nashville ā€“ This morning, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled 4-4 in the case of Texas vs. United States, the lawsuit brought by Texas, Tennessee, and 24 other states against President Obamaā€™s 2014 executive actions on immigration. As a result of the courtā€™s deadlock, two programs that would have allowed more than 4 million Americans and an estimated 38,000 Tennesseans to apply for a deferral from deportation and employment authorization remain blocked.

Humphrey on the Hill

The will of the people is the Dreamers are saying put.

NONE of those coming through Ellis Island were here illegally.

The Statue Of Liberty was a gif from France "just after the US civil War where more lives were lost than WW1+WW2 combined. My guess is you don't know our Civil War.

A sonnet, the result of a contest inscribed on the Statue of Liberty does not make law.

Agree, it does not "make law". It does express an intent.,.,, i.e. principles expressed therein. Honorable and just for all.
In my view.

[We have a right and a legal obligation to defend our borders.

Yes, I agree as do all Americans.

[Is that true or false?

true

GOWDY: [...] Clinton said ā€˜I did not e-mail any classified material to anyone on my e-mail. Was that true?
COMEY: There was classified material e-mail.
GOWDY: [...] Clinton said all work-related e-mails were returned to the State Department. Was that true?
COMEY: No. We found work-related e-mails, thousands that were not returned.
In a later exchange with Rep. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.) Comey said Clinton wasnā€™t sophisticated enough to understand what information was classified and what wasnā€™t.

Repeating the same charge three does not make three separate acts; there was only one. And Hillery reading her own personal emails and sharing them with friends is not a violation of the law.
\
Anyone who states that it is a violation of the "law" is either oblivious to the facts or knows that they are making false accusations for political gain.

GOWDY: [...] Clinton said ā€˜I did not e-mail any classified material to anyone on my e-mail. Was that true?
COMEY: There was classified material e-mail.
GOWDY: [...] Clinton said all work-related e-mails were returned to the State Department. Was that true?
COMEY: No. We found work-related e-mails, thousands that were not returned.
In a later exchange with Rep. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.) Comey said Clinton wasnā€™t sophisticated enough to understand what information was classified and what wasnā€™t.

Repeating the same charge three does not make three separate acts; there was only one. And Hillery reading here own personal emails and sharing them with friends is not a violation of the law.
\
Anyone who states that it is a violation of the "law" is either oblivious to the facts or knows that they are making false accusations for political gain.
What you just responded to was a signature line and not anything to do with the discussion or topic. Just an FYI

NONE of those coming through Ellis Island were here illegally.

The Statue Of Liberty was a gif from France "just after the US civil War where more lives were lost than WW1+WW2 combined. My guess is you don't know our Civil War.

Agree, it does not "make law". It does express an intent.,.,, i.e. principles expressed therein. Honorable and just for all.
In my view.

[We have a right and a legal obligation to defend our borders.

Yes, I agree as do all Americans.

[Is that true or false?

true

Agree, it does not "make law". It does express an intent

It doesn't express my intent.

You are making absurd assumptions. How the hell do you know the squatters aren't looking to make a better life. They only want to live in your home so they can work in a better job and give their kids a better education.

Jebus youre a heartless bastard.

That's GREAT! And my grandparents exercised that choice around the turn of the last century when they came to America LEGALLY.

We have a system whereby immigrants may become a citizen of our great nation LEGALLY.

Now Congress has the duty update our immigration laws. Why are you opposed to that process?

Do we not have the right and obligation to control who becomes a citizen and who does not?

Do we not have the right and obligation to control who comes to work temporarily in our country and to have absolute control of our borders?

We absolutely do, just as we have the right to remove squatters from our homes.

There is little if any difference.

That's not a crime genus... Being in this country without documentation is a civil offense not a criminal offense. Ya know like a traffic ticket

WRONG.

8 U.S. Code Ā§ 1325 - Improper entry by alien

Any alien who (1) enters or attempts to enter the United States at any time or place other than as designated by immigration officers, or (2) eludes examination or inspection by immigration officers, or (3) attempts to enter or obtains entry to the United States by a willfully false or misleading representation or the willful concealment of a material fact, shall, for the first commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18 or imprisoned not more than 6 months, or both, and, for a subsequent commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18, or imprisoned not more than 2 years, or both.

That's not a crime genus... Being in this country without documentation is a civil offense not a criminal offense. Ya know like a traffic ticket

WRONG.

Any alien who (1) enters or attempts to enter the United States at any time or place other than as designated by immigration officers, or (2) eludes examination or inspection by immigration officers, or (3) attempts to enter or obtains entry to the United States by a willfully false or misleading representation or the willful concealment of a material fact, shall, for the first commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18 or imprisoned not more than 6 months, or both, and, for a subsequent commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18, or imprisoned not more than 2 years, or both.

That's for unlawful entry. Most undocumented came here legally and overstayed.

WRONG.

Bullshit.

WRONG.

Bullshit.
What an articulate point you make :cuckoo:

On Immigration, Fighting the Last War

Most undocumented came here legally and overstayed.

Your link says most new illegals are visa overstays, not that the majority of illegals are overstays.
the majority of new illegal aliens are actually visa overstayers.
Right now its about 56% EWI and 44% VO according to PEW.
Excellent, thank you Mr. Nitpick, glad we got that sorted out... change the word "came" to "coming" My point still stands

WRONG.

Bullshit.
What an articulate point you make :cuckoo:

On Immigration, Fighting the Last War

Glad you liked it.

Your link says most new illegals are visa overstays, not that the majority of illegals are overstays.
Excellent, thank you Mr. Nitpick, glad we got that sorted out... change the word "came" to "coming" My point still stands
Your claim was/is simply wrong. I did nothing more than point it out and fix it for you. If that's nitpicking, then so be it, just get use to when you make a mistake or you show your intellectual dishonesty, be ready for it to be pointed out. :SHRUG:

Your claim was/is simply wrong. I did nothing more than point it out and fix it for you. If that's nitpicking, then so be it, just get use to when you make a mistake or you show your intellectual dishonesty, be ready for it to be pointed out. :SHRUG:
The proper phrase would be "get used to IT" if you are going to nitpick words then you should probably use them correctly.

That's great, thank you for that. My original point still stands

Forum List

Back