D.C. Lawmakers Propose Requiring Students to Apply to College

What the hell is it with demoncraps and their mandatory bullshit? What the hell ever happened to their spewing their bullshit of free choice?

Lawmakers in the nation's capital have floated a plan to require high school students to apply to college or trade school -- even if the students have no interest in attending.
The proposal is a bid to ensure students in the troubled Washington, D.C., school system at least have the know-how to navigate the admissions proces

Read more: D.C. Lawmakers Propose Requiring Students To Apply To College | Fox News

and who the hell is supposed to pay for all this mandatory bullshit they float like they turds?

LOL. I think if that happens there will be a lot of people working in colleges who will just walk out. It's bad enough as it is trying to sort out who should and who should not be accepted when all who apply ARE qualified to be there. I've been on the admission committee and it's a nightmare. I can't imagine the hell that would ensue if every kid in the US had to apply to a college!

Think back to when you actually did apply to college. I would have loved to have had a WORKSHOP like this to show me how its done.

Oh no, not the natural enemy of conservatism, EDUCATION!
Kid, quit being stupid for at least two minutes in a row.

Government has no business mandating anything like this.

Why not? Are local governments not allowed to set the requirements for their local school districts?

What happened to the rights of local government?
Did you go to college? Did all your fellow students belong there?

When I was in college in the '80s, there were kids who were just wasting someone's money. In my night classes at the local technical college, there are kids who are just wasting someone's money.

Now with unadulterated BS.

Reason?

I'll I've heard on this forum for the past few days is how bad education is from the conservative members. Give me a reason to think you actually care about our education competing with other countries.
Most Students in Remedial Classes in College Had Solid Grades in High School, Survey Finds - Government - The Chronicle of Higher Education

Colleges spend billions on remedial classes to prep freshmen - USATODAY.com

Report:-Over-a-third-of-students-entering-college - Chicago Sun-Times

Scores show students aren't ready for college - Washington Times

Does that look like a successful system to you?

No, I agree there needs to be change. But destroying education entirely isn't the answer.

That's a one way trip to the bottom of the 3rd world barrel.

Kid, quit being stupid for at least two minutes in a row.

Government has no business mandating anything like this.

Why not? Are local governments not allowed to set the requirements for their local school districts?

When I was in college in the '80s, there were kids who were just wasting someone's money. In my night classes at the local technical college, there are kids who are just wasting someone's money.

That's true, but entirely irrelevant to what I was saying.

No one is suggesting that ALL students go to college.

DC lawmakers need to worry more about their ethical and legal violations. A bunch of them are crooks.

I teach my high school students to apply to college even if they never actually do.
Some kids have no business in college. There is a need for more apprenticeship programs. Any idea how much a plumber makes?

You teach your students that they should apply to college and yet you're against a WORKSHOP that teaches them HOW to apply to college.

Why is that?

No, I agree there needs to be change. But destroying education entirely isn't the answer.

That's a one way trip to the bottom of the 3rd world barrel.
Yeah. Who says education needs to be destroyed, Captain Strawman?

The bill doesn't require them to attend. It just makes applying a part of their high school curriculum so that they know how to navigate the complications of applying to college. Another whine fest where one isn't even necessary. Shocking.

I suppose this would be a good thing, actually. I mean, no one has ever applied to college before. There are no existing resources, nobody to ask.

Oh no, not the natural enemy of conservatism, EDUCATION!

Reason?

I'll I've heard on this forum for the past few days is how bad education is from the conservative members. Give me a reason to think you actually care about our education competing with other countries.

Give me a reason why someone should be forced to apply for secondary education if they don't want it since that is what the issue is about. It has absolutely nothing to do with one's opinion of education, but then, you already knew that.

I suppose this would be a good thing, actually. I mean, no one has ever applied to college before. There are no existing resources, nobody to ask.

You would be incredibly surprised.

Reason?

Give me a reason why someone should be forced to apply for secondary education if they don't want it since that is what the issue is about. It has absolutely nothing to do with one's opinion of education, but then, you already knew that.

Yea, what a horrible thing for the people of this country to know there are other options for them to pursue.

Reason?

Theyre not forced to attend. Theyre only forced to go through the application process as a manner of LEARNING IT, same as the rest of their mandatory curriculum is "forced." If they dont like it they can be home schooled.

What the hell is it with demoncraps and their mandatory bullshit? What the hell ever happened to their spewing their bullshit of free choice?

Lawmakers in the nation's capital have floated a plan to require high school students to apply to college or trade school -- even if the students have no interest in attending.
The proposal is a bid to ensure students in the troubled Washington, D.C., school system at least have the know-how to navigate the admissions proces

Read more: D.C. Lawmakers Propose Requiring Students To Apply To College | Fox News

and who the hell is supposed to pay for all this mandatory bullshit they float like they turds?

LOL. I think if that happens there will be a lot of people working in colleges who will just walk out. It's bad enough as it is trying to sort out who should and who should not be accepted when all who apply ARE qualified to be there. I've been on the admission committee and it's a nightmare. I can't imagine the hell that would ensue if every kid in the US had to apply to a college!

Think back to when you actually did apply to college. I would have loved to have had a WORKSHOP like this to show me how its done.

I went to a little community college for a few night classes after high school so I could take classes that would help me work as a secretary and bring in a little extra money. My son was born 8 years later. I quit work until both my children were in school. When I was 35 I called the university to ask about how to get into their Nursing program. I didn't know that students answered the phone. I told the person who answered that I was 35 and was thinking about going back to school, he said 'WHAT? At 35? You are too old. You will NEVER be able to make it in this program!' So I hung up and forgot about it. A year later I was back in the same frame of mind about going to school, but was talking about the call to my husband. He said, 'If you want to go to school, go to school. So I made an appointment with the chair of the department. I took my old transcripts from the community college and I obtained my old ACT score and took that as well.' She said, ' Our older students usually do better. They are more settled and really want to be here. She looked at my transcripts and said, you have a 3.5, you will do fine.' I was not required to repeat the ACT because according to her they had dummed it down 3 times since I took it and she said mine meant more.

I doubt any 'workshop' would have helped a 35 year old housewife apply for college. I also didn't know about all the money that was out there for nursing students and no one told me until I was wanting to get my master's. So I paid every dime for the BSN. I was also called every kind of stupid for going to a 4 year nursing program instead of a 2 year program, 'after all it's the same thing.' Only it isn't the same thing. Not by any stretch. I wanted to be educated. I wanted to take all those science and humanities classes and learn what educated people got to learn.

A year and a half after I started back to school, my husand was dead of cancer. I have never looked back, and never regretted any of my education. But I know that what I did is not for everyone. The first people I looked for in Nashville were a plumber and an electrician. They were the first people I looked for when I moved back here and started working on this house.

DC lawmakers need to worry more about their ethical and legal violations. A bunch of them are crooks.

I teach my high school students to apply to college even if they never actually do.
Some kids have no business in college. There is a need for more apprenticeship programs. Any idea how much a plumber makes?

You teach your students that they should apply to college and yet you're against a WORKSHOP that teaches them HOW to apply to college.

Why is that?

I don't have a problem with teaching kids how to apply to college. I have a problem with the DC lawmakers. The mayor and several ward supervisors are crooks and need to get there own affairs in order and let the educators take care of educating.

Somehow I doubt even a workshop could have saved you from your chronic stupidity. Of course, if this were just merely a workshop, who would have a problem with it? You see, it's not. They're being forced to apply to institution of secondary education whether or not they want to. That is the issue the OP is bringing up, but you already knew that.

Somehow I doubt even a workshop could have saved you from your chronic stupidity. Of course, if this were just merely a workshop, who would have a problem with it? You see, it's not. They're being forced to apply to institution of secondary education whether or not they want to. That is the issue the OP is bringing up, but you already knew that.

Same way theyre being "forced" to learn math or science, oh noes! :cuckoo:

I went to a little community college for a few night classes after high school so I could take classes that would help me work as a secretary and bring in a little extra money. My son was born 8 years later. I quit work until both my children were in school. When I was 35 I called the university to ask about how to get into their Nursing program. I didn't know that students answered the phone. I told the person who answered that I was 35 and was thinking about going back to school, he said 'WHAT? At 35? You are too old. You will NEVER be able to make it in this program!' So I hung up and forgot about it. A year later I was back in the same frame of mind about going to school, but was talking about the call to my husband. He said, 'If you want to go to school, go to school. So I made an appointment with the chair of the department. I took my old transcripts from the community college and I obtained my old ACT score and took that as well.' She said, ' Our older students usually do better. They are more settled and really want to be here. She looked at my transcripts and said, you have a 3.5, you will do fine.' I was not required to repeat the ACT because according to her they had dummed it down 3 times since I took it and she said mine meant more.

I doubt any 'workshop' would have helped a 35 year old housewife apply for college. I also didn't know about all the money that was out there for nursing students and no one told me until I was wanting to get my master's. So I paid every dime for the BSN. I was also called every kind of stupid for going to a 4 year nursing program instead of a 2 year program, 'after all it's the same thing.' Only it isn't the same thing. Not by any stretch. I wanted to be educated. I wanted to take all those science and humanities classes and learn what educated people got to learn.

A year and a half after I started back to school, my husand was dead of cancer. I have never looked back, and never regretted any of my education. But I know that what I did is not for everyone. The first people I looked for in Nashville were a plumber and an electrician. They were the first people I looked for when I moved back here and started working on this house.

Did you finish your 4 year?

Also, the response of those students was incredibly unprofessional, you should have gotten them fired.

Yea, what a horrible thing for the people of this country to know there are other options for them to pursue.

Well let's see, you either go on to further education or you don't. How dumb do you think people are?

Forum List

Back