D.C. Lawmakers Propose Requiring Students to Apply to College

so, free choice is no longer an option for libtards.. I think we got it.. by jove.

Give me a reason why someone should be forced to apply for secondary education if they don't want it since that is what the issue is about. It has absolutely nothing to do with one's opinion of education, but then, you already knew that.

Yea, what a horrible thing for the people of this country to know there are other options for them to pursue.

Well let's see, you either go on to further education or you don't. How dumb do you think people are?

You keep assuming they're being forced to attend. They're not. Teachers are simply being mandated to add the college application process to their curriculum, and the Students are NOT being forced to attend. Nothing wrong with that, unless you've a problem with mandatory curriculum in general you're just whining.

so, free choice is no longer an option for libtards.. I think we got it.. by jove.

false - they dont have to attend the college of which they went through the application process. know how to read, or naw?

They're not forced to attend. Theyre only forced to go through the application process as a manner of LEARNING IT, same as the rest of their mandatory curriculum is "forced." If they dont like it they can be home schooled.

Who said they were forced to attend? They're all being forced to waste time going through the entire process even if they have no intention of going at all. How about spending that time on skills far more useful in the real world.

You keep assuming they're being forced to attend. They're not. Teachers are simply being mandated to add the college application process to their curriculum, and the Students are NOT being forced to attend. Nothing wrong with that, unless you've a problem with mandatory curriculum in general you're just whining.

No, I never made that assumption, ever. Please quote me where I said they were forced to attend.

Think back to when you actually did apply to college. I would have loved to have had a WORKSHOP like this to show me how its done.

Somehow I doubt even a workshop could have saved you from your chronic stupidity. Of course, if this were just merely a workshop, who would have a problem with it? You see, it's not. They're being forced to apply to institution of secondary education whether or not they want to. That is the issue the OP is bringing up, but you already knew that.

Same way theyre being "forced" to learn math or science, oh noes! :cuckoo:

Obviously, they're not being forced very well, are they?

They're not forced to attend. Theyre only forced to go through the application process as a manner of LEARNING IT, same as the rest of their mandatory curriculum is "forced." If they dont like it they can be home schooled.

Who said they were forced to attend? They're all being forced to waste time going through the entire process even if they have no intention of going at all. How about spending that time on skills far more useful in the real world.

Applying for college is an applicable skill to use once you complete high school. Gee, who'da thought.

No, I never made that assumption, ever. Please quote me where I said they were forced to attend.

Then why are you bitching just to bitch? Everything the Government does isn't some big evil power grab as your knee always seems to jerk toward.

It's common sense to add the college app process to the curriculum of graduating seniors.

When I was in high school, I was FORCED (oh noes!!" to meet with a Guidance Counselor on my future plans - this is the same idea. I know I know, the horror. :cuckoo:

Applying for college is an applicable skill to use once you complete high school. Gee, who'da thought.

And then, there's calling the Registrar's office and asking 'where do I go to apply!'

Not if you aren't going :eusa_think:

right, just like learning earth science isn't an applicable skill if you're going to be a gym teacher - but it's still required. the purpose is to give the kids the tools.

I was not required to take Earth Science in high school, so that is not true. Furthermore, we aren't talking about ninth graders who are still impressionable and aren't thinking about what they're going to do with their lives when they're older. We're talking about 17 and 18 year old people who by that age have a pretty good idea as to whether or not they're going to attend post secondary education. There is no point in wasting time guiding students through this process if they aren't going to do it. They don't want to be there, they don't care about being there and they become disruptive.

I have no problem with them offering it up for students who plan on attending, but it's pointless to require everyone. It's a waste of their time when they could be learning life skills that are actually practical.

And then, there's calling the Registrar's office and asking 'where do I go to apply!'

Sunshine,

You're right, of course, except not everyone has the same "lightbulb" as the majority of people with good sense posess.

When I took a Computer course in college, we spent the first few days learning what a "mouse" is, what a "keyboard" is, etc, and the majority of the class were looking around at each other like..........what the fuck?!?!?!

Meanwhile, there were about three people who have (should be in Ripley's, tbh) not used a CPU before.

Last edited:

Because you are slowly trying to get rid of those skills as well.

Not if you aren't going :eusa_think:

right, just like learning earth science isn't an applicable skill if you're going to be a gym teacher - but it's still required. the purpose is to give the kids the tools.

I was not required to take Earth Science in high school, so that is not true. Furthermore, we aren't talking about ninth graders who are still impressionable and aren't thinking about what they're going to do with their lives when they're older. We're talking about 17 and 18 year old people who by that age have a pretty good idea as to whether or not they're going to attend post secondary education. There is no point in wasting time guiding students through this process if they aren't going to do it. They don't want to be there, they don't care about being there and they become disruptive.

I have no problem with them offering it up for students who plan on attending, but it's pointless to require everyone. It's a waste of their time when they could be learning life skills that are actually practical.

This is well reasoned, and I agree to an extent, I just wouldn't see anything wrong with taking the flip side of the coin to public schools.

(I was required to pass earth science, ftr)

Sunshine,

You're right, of course, except not everyone has the same "lightbulb" as the majority of people with good sense posess.

When I took a Computer course in college, we spent the first few days learning what a "mouse" is, what a "keyboard" is, etc, and the majority of the class were looking around at each other life..........what the fuck?!?!?!

Meanwhile, there were about three people who have (should be in Ripley's, tbh) not used a CPU before.

CPU? You mean PC right?

CPU means central processing unit, which is attached to the motherboard.

I successfully applied to a business school where I got my Associates degree, a university where I got my Bachelor's degree, and another university where I got my Master's degree. I had no problem figuring it out without a mandatory workshop in high school.

Apparently, that's too haaaaaard. :(

Forum List

Back