Cutting taxes sounds great till

Cutting taxes sounds great till...

Oh, oh, oh, pick me Mister Kottaire.

Cutting taxes sound great until the economy improves, companies start investing and hiring, people and businesses work less hard to avoid taxes and government revenue goes up as it has for every tax cut in history.

Hmmm...I thought I had that one, but they still sound great...

But wait, Kaz, taxes are lower than they've been in 60 years; and have been for the last 10 years. Why is the economy in the crapper?

I'd suggest you look at spending levels as a % of GDP compared to 60 years ago.

For the gazillionth time, IT'S A SPENDING PROBLEM.

Last edited:
cut benefits or programs or make the general public do without or get by with less
It's not

The fucking

Government's

JOB

To support you!

Get it? Idiot stick!

We have a fucking ENTITLEMENT society right now that would NEVER survive the revolution, the frontier, the dust bowl, or even the fucking 50s!

And I can guarantee you that a shit head like you wouldn't survive, you would be squashed like the worm you are.
I have more self reliance in my little pinky fingernail than you and 10,000 others of your ilk will ever have, combined, in your entire body Politburo. And you know that, and it scares the fuck out of you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutting taxes sound great until the economy improves, companies start investing and hiring, people and businesses work less hard to avoid taxes and government revenue goes up as it has for every tax cut in history.

But wait, Kaz, taxes are lower than they've been in 60 years; and have been for the last 10 years. Why is the economy in the crapper?

Because a significantly larger portion of society refuses to acknowledge their responsibility in why they are where they are. From hedge fund managers down to the millions of people who 'bought' homes they had no financial business buying.

It doesn't have anything to do with who is taxed how much. It has to do with a society that has absolved itself of more and more personal responsibility over the years. People don't think certain things are their responsibility or they blame others for problems they themselves caused. And yet we have the gall to wonder our economy is tanking when everything is supposedly someone elses responsibility.

We're talking at different levels. I'm talking about the reality of all taxes, including direct taxes, regulation, and the economic impact of tax avoidance. You're talking about Obama's marketing brochure.

Because a significantly larger portion of society refuses to acknowledge their responsibility in why they are where they are. From hedge fund managers down to the millions of people who 'bought' homes they had no financial business buying.

It doesn't have anything to do with who is taxed how much. It has to do with a society that has absolved itself of more and more personal responsibility over the years. People don't think certain things are their responsibility or they blame others for problems they themselves caused. And yet we have the gall to wonder our economy is tanking when everything is supposedly someone elses responsibility.

I like how in huge portions of of the world their primary view of government is they are worried about government breaking down their doors at night and they or their parents or children disappear. In most of the world they are worried that government doesn't allow them the freedom to simply make their own choices or speak out for making their own choices. In this country, liberals live in endless hysterical fear that government isn't giving them enough. It's just a fundamental lack of perspective.

You people are that stupid then I see why we are where we are. It cost money to run a govt, and those who get the most from the system are the ones who should pay the most to make sure the system stays in tack.

If there wasn't a cost associated with doing business then there wouldn't be a need for you to make as much as you do.

According to guys like you there doesn't need to be officials in a game. that everyone will just do what needs to be done. Everyone will follow the rules and it's that simple.

There isn't enough to go around if everybody is just allowed to take what they want or can. Try it, order enough food for 100 people and open up the food line and you be the last one to get there to fill your plate, and see how there is left. A little bit of this and a little bit of that, the stuff nobody else wanted.

SPOILED LITTLE BRATS, who race to the front, take all they want and then sit around with a half full plate after stuffing themselves and saying to the people who got nothing, you should have been faster like us. HAHAHA

But it is the job of the govt to make sure things are fair for all the people and that we do not end up with a HIARCHEY in the USA

And yet in the noble effort to accomplish this fairness the reality of government is that it creates exactly that hierarchy that it set out to avoid and the more it creates that hierarchy the more it tries and the more hierarchy it creates.

Why? Because the way to prevent the hierarchy is through choice. Choice of consumers, choice of labor. Only government can remove choice and it does. Which creates that which it set out to avoid. You can spin and rationalize and justify what you're doing and why, but until you open your eyes to the reality of your efforts, you and yours will continue to foster what you are fighting.

No.. it is not a noble effort of government to accomplish the SUBJECTIVE concept of 'fairness'... it is a noble effort of government to accomplish equal treatment for all citizens regardless of race, sex, income, or whatever else, in a free society

You people are that stupid then I see why we are where we are. It cost money to run a govt, and those who get the most from the system are the ones who should pay the most to make sure the system stays in tack.

If there wasn't a cost associated with doing business then there wouldn't be a need for you to make as much as you do.

According to guys like you there doesn't need to be officials in a game. that everyone will just do what needs to be done. Everyone will follow the rules and it's that simple.

There isn't enough to go around if everybody is just allowed to take what they want or can. Try it, order enough food for 100 people and open up the food line and you be the last one to get there to fill your plate, and see how there is left. A little bit of this and a little bit of that, the stuff nobody else wanted.

SPOILED LITTLE BRATS, who race to the front, take all they want and then sit around with a half full plate after stuffing themselves and saying to the people who got nothing, you should have been faster like us. HAHAHA

Name one thing a rich VP of a company gets from government that a fry cook at McDonalds does not

So if you pay nothing for the highway you shouldn't use the highway..

In a free society fast has naught to do with it. Try intelligence, education, innovation and courage.

Kaz is right mn. You're talking on a different level. You simply don't get it. You probably never will. You will spend your life wondering and blaming others for not having the things you want. The rest of us won't wonder because the rest of us know it was never anyone elses responsibility but your own to provide those things for yourself in the first place. You will have spent your life pissing and moaning about WHY you don't have those things instead of actually taking the actions neccessary to get those things.

You're dumb as fuck 100 peope scenario. I would never be caught at the end of the line because I would never expect or obligate someone else to buy me a meal.

Likely society would function just fine with less government involvement. It's called spontaneous order and has been scientifically observed. Large groups of people put together with varying interests with no rules will still make order out of the situation naturally.

If you believe in evolution, you should STOP trying to get more government interference of Darwin's theories. Fucking moron. Natural Selection mean anything to you?

No you can't just make a bogus statement and blame everyone for being poor as just wanting it that way because they are not trying, like everyone has the same oppertunity out there and there is a good job for every American that wants one.

But it is the job of the govt to make sure things are fair for all the people and that we do not end up with a HIARCHEY in the USA.

but this is what tax cuts that mainly go to the rich are/have/will do.
Hoffman: Did tax cuts create jobs? | Vtdigger.org

And where exactly is it written the job of our government is "to make sure things are fair for all the people?" I've read the Constitution several times and never saw it there. Is there a government Mission Statement I've missed somewhere along the line? Or are you just friggin' nuts?

A majority of our budget goes to entitlements. I highly doubt the people who can't afford anything and are living off the government are in a position to pay the most. In any case, you really don't want them to pay their share anyway. So please, stop lying.

And who are you do determine how much another person needs to make? Why do you think you should have any say on how someone else runs their business?

It's called natural law. There are consequences for bad behavior that come regardless of what the government does. Not to mention your constant attitude of babying others causes people to gain absolutely no knowledge to take care of themselves and a lack of knowledge will always screw the ignorant.

What the heck are you talking about?

Are you delusional?

In a free society fast has naught to do with it. Try intelligence, education, innovation and courage.

If he tried any of those, he wouldn't be upset when the people stop the government from taking more and more of their money.

And where exactly is it written the job of our government is "to make sure things are fair for all the people?" I've read the Constitution several times and never saw it there. Is there a government Mission Statement I've missed somewhere along the line? Or are you just friggin' nuts?

I highly doubt he's read the Constitution or has any clue how or why it came about.

Cutting taxes sounds great till those cuts affect you. America is understanding more every day about what is going on here since the election. Tax cutting has consequences and when most all the cuts go to help one sector of the nation while everything else is force to either cut benefits or programs or make the general public do without or get by with less.

What were told is govt is costing us too much, and it should be cut. Putting money in the hands of people who will create jobs was/is being the big push behind most tax cuts, but where are the JOBS?

People who have money have proven that if you can get to this point where you can use that money you can increase your wealth and never lift a finger, create a job, start a business or help anyone but their own self worth.

So what is the new group in congress all about, there is only one thing that shows up at every step of the process, make the rich have a better oppertunity to get wealthier and those in the middle made to pick up more of the cost of running our nation and our local govts.

So we get to that point when we have the top 20% who have anything they want, the next 20% who have a decent life and then the rest of you that have so little chance to improve it will be sad.

Translation: The Government should mug other people and give me all their moneys.

Grow up.

All we hear from Republicans for the last 10 years and really for the last 70 years is lowering taxes creates jobs. Now we study the fact of the last 10 presidents and see what the truth is, it might just surprise you.

James McGovern
October 13, 2010 at 5:47 pm | Permalink
So many variables impact job growth and decline, job numbers for a single month or even for a year prevent a fair analysis of the effect of government’s economic policies on those numbers. Why not take a longer view, like, oh, the 63 years between the end of World War II, and the beginning of the Obama administration. During that time, we have had 11 presidents, 6 of whom were Republicans and 5 were Democrats.

Since Democratic Presidents generally employed economic policies espoused by John Maynard Keynes during that period, and Republican Presidents generally employed the policies of Frederick Hayek, we should be able to compare how the nation’s workforce, and its economic well being , fared under each economic theory. Republican liked tax cuts amd less regulation; Democrats thought the governmnet was an essential partner in the nation’s economic life.
Hoffman: Did tax cuts create jobs? | Vtdigger.org

Moderator: Threads merged. You have been warned before about starting multiple threads on the same topic, and pasting entire articles. Cease this trollish behavior.

If your a person with money I can see how you feel that way. But if your just an ordinary person trying to do a days work for a days wages and some big fucker stands at the door and says to you that hey you owe for being able to create wealth to the guys at the top. That the system that is in place allows you to survive, and we can't help the fact that just because we get a lot more out of the system why would you think we should pay more to run the system.

The guys who make you money and provide you with a way to gather wealth are not the same as you, as they are treated different, have less and most likely are the first ones to receive harm if things don't go right.

SPOILED LITTLE BRATS is what you are all about.

The Republicans seem much more interested in taking on wedge issues and saving a couple of million here and there, like cutting Planned Parenthood (which of course will need to lay off people--Catch 22).

They continue to stall by bringing us to the brink of continuing resolutions to keep government operating, which is where the headlines are, so in effect it keeps the public in the dark about the fact that the Republicans have actually done nothing, nada, zip, except talk a lot. If they don't get busy, they'll soon have to start campaigning for reelection, which means all the lawmakers in the House and those up for reelection in the Senate will be working the phones and inviting lobbyists in for chats 99% of the time and actually working 1% of the time.

New Topics

Forum List

Back