Cutting Off Your Nose To Spite Your Face! {KING}

ACA is a compromise??

WOW Thats a good one since the Reps had absofuckingnothing to do with Obamacare. You know. That POS bill that was crafted behind closed doors.

That POS bill that not one single Rep was asked about or voted for.

You remember. That POS bill that the Dems had to bribe and threaten to get passed.

That POS shit bill that they passed with not one of those idiots bothering to read it.

Sorry, but your wrong...dead wrong.

Thanks for playing.
Yes, it's a compromise.
Compromise doesn't mean that they have to sign it, it means that we both get a bit of what we want and don't want.
If my party has been talking about and promoting an idea for 20 years and then all of a sudden because the other party decides to implement it I suddenly decide it's not a good idea, that makes me stupid, not the other party uncompromising.
That's what's become of today's Republican party...they are stupid.
Obama has agreed to and accepted ideas THEY'VE been pushing and promoting for decades and just because HE'S implementing it, THEY'VE deemed it to be a plan from hell.
Once again...Go blow it out your RW A$$!

Last edited:
ACA is a compromise??

WOW Thats a good one since the Reps had absofuckingnothing to do with Obamacare. You know. That POS bill that was crafted behind closed doors.

You remember. That POS bill that the Dems had to bribe and threaten to get passed.

That POS shit bill that they passed with not one of those idiots bothering to read it.

Thanks for playing.
Yes, it's a compromise.
Compromise doesn't mean that they have to sign it, it means that we both get a bit of what we want and don't want.
If my party has been talking about and promoting an idea for 20 years and then all of a sudden because the other party decides to implement it I suddenly decide it's not a good idea, that makes me stupid, not the other party uncompromising.
Obama has agreed to and accepted ideas THEY'VE been pushing and promoting for decades and just because HE'S implementing it, THEY'VE deemed it to be a plan from hell.

Marc... you are really a dense dude huh? Yes, the republicans were talking about ways to curb health care costs, never once did they discuss federalizing the whole mess like oduma is trying to do. THAT is why they voted against it, the manner in how he was trying to achieve it. DUMBASS DIMOCRAT LEFTY!!! Keep those lips puckered up to odumas ass!!!

ACA is a compromise??

Thanks for playing.
Yes, it's a compromise.

I remember Hillarycare and she isn't a Republican. When did any Republican push and promote a national health care system? Refresh my memory.

You ever hear of rounding, moron? No you would have to be educated to know about that.

I have heard of 2008 though

- Losing 770,000 jobs a month
- 4 quarters of NEGATIVE GDP
- Auto companies on verge of collapse
- Financial sector in ruin
- Housing market collapsed
- Engaged in two wars
- Osama bin laden laughing at us

Explain the scenario where we are not better off than in 2008. You can use rounding if you wish

We had 7 years of people being employed before the housing boom started by Clinton went bust.

When President Bush took office in January, 2001 the unemployment rate was 4.2%.

After the jolt of the September 11, 2001 attacks, the highest the unemployment rate rose was 6.3% in June, 2003.

This rate seems remarkably low by today’s economic standards.

Then the economy calmed down and actually grew, dropping the unemployment rate to the mid 5% range, where it stayed for the next two years.

In fact, the rate was 5.4% in November, 2004 when Bush was reelected.

Really good news came in December, 2005 when the unemployment rate dipped to 4.9% and stayed in the 4% range straight through to November, 2007.

Then in December, 2007 it went to 5.0%, rose slowly and really shot up in August, 2008 to 6.1%. When the economy tanked, the rate blew right through the 6% range ending December, 2008 at 7.3%.

Rising still in January, 2009 when President Obama took office, the rate was 7.8%.

LOL

Seven years for a housing boom to bust?

Day zero trumps day one.
On Day zero the GOP got together and VOWED not to do one thing to assist Obama.
The shortly came out and stated to the public that their entire goal was to break Obama.
Yet RW Palookas like LTC are PRETENDING that it's Obama that didn't "reach out."
Go blow it out your whatsaidnot!

Pretending? Please list one, just once, where oduma has reached across the isle and offered a compromise, just one. And the bush tax extensions was not even a compromise, he and the dumbocrats did that as a political move to keep the money flowing into their campaign coffers. The Republicans were willing to increase the taxes, but wanted some spending cuts and oduma and the dumbocrats would not budge.
ACA is a compromise.

It's Mitt Romney, the last Republican Presidential candidate, who used a RW conservative think thank's plan to address the skyrocketing costs of health care.

Sorry, but you're wrong..dead wrong.

Thanks for playing.

This is what Romney had to say during the campaign. You may note that the puffington host tried to twist his words when he actually said the same thing both times. In my book saying "I have my own health care plan," and "there are a number of things that I like in health care reform that I'm going to put in place."have the exact same meaning.

"Well of course I’m going to repeal Obamacare," Romney told the conservative radio host on Monday. "I’ve said that on the campaign trail, I think, every single day. Obamacare must be repealed –- in its entirety. It’s bad policy, it’s bad law, and frankly, a $2 trillion entitlement we don’t want and we certainly can’t afford. I have my own health care plan, and it does not require Obamacare to make our health care system work better. Obamacare is a disaster in my opinion, and has to be repealed entirely."

This, of course, is a different answer than the one Romney gave "Meet the Press" on Sunday, when he declared he is "not getting rid of all of health care reform," and that "there are a number of things that I like in health care reform that I'm going to put in place." The fairly abrupt turn in rhetoric has led to criticism that he's delivering a more moderate message to national audiences, while giving another to the conservative media.

Romney Health Care Reform Repeal: 'Obamacare Must Be Repealed'

Last edited:
I have heard of 2008 though

- Losing 770,000 jobs a month
- 4 quarters of NEGATIVE GDP
- Auto companies on verge of collapse
- Financial sector in ruin
- Housing market collapsed
- Engaged in two wars
- Osama bin laden laughing at us

Explain the scenario where we are not better off than in 2008. You can use rounding if you wish

We had 7 years of people being employed before the housing boom started by Clinton went bust.

When President Bush took office in January, 2001 the unemployment rate was 4.2%.

After the jolt of the September 11, 2001 attacks, the highest the unemployment rate rose was 6.3% in June, 2003.

This rate seems remarkably low by today’s economic standards.

Then the economy calmed down and actually grew, dropping the unemployment rate to the mid 5% range, where it stayed for the next two years.

In fact, the rate was 5.4% in November, 2004 when Bush was reelected.

Really good news came in December, 2005 when the unemployment rate dipped to 4.9% and stayed in the 4% range straight through to November, 2007.

Then in December, 2007 it went to 5.0%, rose slowly and really shot up in August, 2008 to 6.1%. When the economy tanked, the rate blew right through the 6% range ending December, 2008 at 7.3%.

Rising still in January, 2009 when President Obama took office, the rate was 7.8%.

LOL

Seven years for a housing boom to bust?

Actually, the housing boom was considerably longer than 7 years. The 7 years was in refernce to the employment numbers. You don't read too good do you?

The housing boom could last for a while, but the bust was inevitable. When the Fed raised interest rates, things went kaboom. The Great Recession was on; we’re still suffering its effects. Without these government housing and monetary policies, the crisis would never have occurred.

Clinton’s contribution to the crisis lay in his appointment of Cuomo to HUD. Cuomo became HUD secretary in 1997 after becoming assistant secretary in 1993. In a heavily researched 2008 article in the Village Voice, Wayne Barrett writes,

Andrew Cuomo, the youngest Housing and Urban Development secretary in history, made a series of decisions between 1997 and 2001 that gave birth to the country’s current crisis. He took actions that — in combination with many other factors — helped plunge Fannie and Freddie into the subprime markets without putting in place the means to monitor their increasingly risky investments. He turned the Federal Housing Administration mortgage program into a sweetheart lender with sky-high loan ceilings and no money down, and he legalized what a federal judge has branded ‘kickbacks’ to brokers that have fueled the sale of overpriced and unsupportable loans. Three to four million families are now facing foreclosure, and Cuomo is one of the reasons why.

Perhaps the only domestic issue George Bush and Bill Clinton were in complete agreement about was maximizing home ownership, each trying to lay claim to a record percentage of homeowners, and both describing their efforts as a boon to blacks and Hispanics. HUD, Fannie, and Freddie were their instruments, and, as is now apparent, the more unsavory the means, the greater the growth.…

Cuomo … did more to set these forces of unregulated expansion in motion than any other secretary and then boasted about it, presenting his initiatives as crusades for racial and social justice. [Emphasis added.]

Bill Clinton gave Cuomo that power and backed his aggressive policies to the hilt. Bill Clinton, then, shares responsibility for the Great Recession. When will he be held accountable?

Forum List

Back