Cutting government to ignite economic growth - this has worked in the past?

Well, Greece enormously increased spending on all sorts of infrastructure in the first half of the previous decade (on the Olympics, but also on other stuff). This did indeed produce a short-term growth in GDP. It also created an enormous debt and a lot of infrastructure nobody uses and which Greece is now desperately trying to sell. And as we know this recipe of reckless government expenditure and investment has really produced paradise in Greece.

Bullshit, Greece lied about its financial status.

They also embarked on massive government investment and spending in order to boost their economy. The results are there for everybody to see.

Well, Greece enormously increased spending on all sorts of infrastructure in the first half of the previous decade (on the Olympics, but also on other stuff). This did indeed produce a short-term growth in GDP. It also created an enormous debt and a lot of infrastructure nobody uses and which Greece is now desperately trying to sell. And as we know this recipe of reckless government expenditure and investment has really produced paradise in Greece.

They also embarked on massive government investment and spending in order to boost their economy. The results are there for everybody to see.

They didn't grow government, OTOH, Bush's massive taxcuts didn't grow the conomy, its produced debt.

They didn't grow government, OTOH, Bush's massive taxcuts didn't grow the conomy, its produced debt.

You are lying. They massively increased government spending AND they continued to grow the state sector.

You are lying. They massively increased government spending AND they continued to grow the state sector.

Fucker, I'm overseas for one, and number 2 I live in Germany, the country most likely to bail them out, they lied about their status, same shit with Spain and Italy.

Fucker, I'm overseas for one, and number 2 I live in Germany, the country most likely to bail them out, they lied about their status, same shit with Spain and Italy.

What difference does it make if they "lied about their status?" Politicians always lie. The fact is they did exactly what you endorse, and it failed big time.

Yes, and how exactly has it come about that Germany is in such better economic health than Greece? While the Greeks spent massively on infrastructure and other things, the Germans introduced the Harz-reforms and made their economy into a lean and mean export-machine.

Wow its pretty simple stuff the governments' pensions and size are not sustainable ........period and any denying this fact shows your either slow or a big government Marxist needing the government to be your nanny.

Last edited:
Growing government to ignite economic growth - this has worked in the past?

Where?

When?

its not about Growing Government you idiot.

its about building a common future with good infrastructure investment.

You know the shit Bush completely ignored

You are a moron, cutting government spending is all about balancing the budget, not economic growth, dipshit.
economic growth comes from........drumroll.......business making money and........expanding (that means they hire more people)

Course they wont' do that without demand and a modern infrastructure. But you knew that. You did know that, didn't you? Oops, sorry.

its not about Growing Government you idiot.

its about building a common future with good infrastructure investment.

You know the shit Bush completely ignored

You are a moron, cutting government spending is all about balancing the budget, not economic growth, dipshit.
economic growth comes from........drumroll.......business making money and........expanding (that means they hire more people)

Course they wont' do that without demand and a modern infrastructure. But you knew that. You did know that, didn't you? Oops, sorry.

The 'demand' your logic dictates is borrowing from the grandkids and spending it on handouts for the peeps.

Unsustainable. See: Greece

because like recent history shows in europe it fails every time fools are talked into it

Ease the tax and regulatory burden on the people
You mean move the burden to the lower class.
, cut the spending and allow people of faith to worship according to the dictates of their heart and you will see unprecedented economic growth.

People of faith are allowed to worship moron.

I didn't ask you to predict the FUTURE, BTW. I know every rightie thinks they can do that. I asked for PAST examples.

Forum List

Back