Current presidential polling in Ohio

Its very early but the R is already running lying ads about her because she is consistently ahead in every poll. Tells us they're feeling the pinch already.

They don't have anyone who can beat her and they know it.

:)

Lying adds? Democrats invented lying adds.

Hillary Clinton is proof that Liberal women are not intelligent enough to vote.

Pretty sure Portman will get into it. He's polling nowhere right now but it should be a guarantee that he'll be able to break the Democrat Firewall that almost spans from MN to ME. That is 18 of the 64 electoral votes. Add in Florida for 47 of the 64. It's unlikely any of the other midwest states flip so to get the remaining 17, he'll need to win (likely) VA and CO. VA will be a feat for Portman who seems to lack the charisma one would find in a funeral home from a corpse and also will have to promise to fire half the government which has a lot of VA residents. Colorado will be an easier get for Portman it would seem.

This assumes of course that he holds all of the states Romney held.

:::

I don't see any of them flipping. This may be where the VP can help a bit. Likely better to shore up the base with the VP.

Portman's son is gay.

Mitt Romney passed him over for the VP nomination because of this.

The GOP is not going to nominate a man with a gay son. I bet the farm on that one.

We DEMS have no problem nominating a candidate with a gay relative or one who is gay him/herself, but I seriously doubt that the extreme GOP will go for that.

Probably true. The dimocrats do not care which is their privilege. After all, they have the bi-sexuals Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama!

However, the republicans are more likely to downplay class warfare. They don't use homosexuals as pawns as the dims do.

Pretty sure Portman will get into it. He's polling nowhere right now but it should be a guarantee that he'll be able to break the Democrat Firewall that almost spans from MN to ME. That is 18 of the 64 electoral votes. Add in Florida for 47 of the 64. It's unlikely any of the other midwest states flip so to get the remaining 17, he'll need to win (likely) VA and CO. VA will be a feat for Portman who seems to lack the charisma one would find in a funeral home from a corpse and also will have to promise to fire half the government which has a lot of VA residents. Colorado will be an easier get for Portman it would seem.

I don't see any of them flipping. This may be where the VP can help a bit. Likely better to shore up the base with the VP.

Portman's son is gay.

The GOP is not going to nominate a man with a gay son. I bet the farm on that one.

We DEMS have no problem nominating a candidate with a gay relative or one who is gay him/herself, but I seriously doubt that the extreme GOP will go for that.

I think you're both over estimating how much that would be held against Portman as well as overestimating the national DNC. I think it will be possibly a dozen national general elections before the Dems would nominate a homosexual on the national ticket. Of the two parties, the Dems are much more accepting of alternative lifestyles but they are not "there" yet.

It's a bit too soon to really glum on to those figures, no? The GOP hasn't yet identified who they favor....and they haven't started campaigning either. Hillary has a large following from 2008, so it doesn't matter that she hasn't yet made it known that she will run, so it may be a little over the top right now.

Here's the thing.

Basically, although she hasn't announced yet, she's the Democratic frontrunner.

Republicans are already hitting her with everything they have, even Monica Lewinsky.

Hasn't hurt her at all.

It's a bit too soon to really glum on to those figures, no? The GOP hasn't yet identified who they favor....and they haven't started campaigning either. Hillary has a large following from 2008, so it doesn't matter that she hasn't yet made it known that she will run, so it may be a little over the top right now.

Here's the thing.

Basically, although she hasn't announced yet, she's the Democratic frontrunner.

Republicans are already hitting her with everything they have, even Monica Lewinsky.

Hasn't hurt her at all.

This is also statistically verifiable, as her margins most everywhere continue to slightly increase over most of the prospective GOP field and has increased greatly, on the order of +11, over Christie, in spite of the right-wing poo flinging.

Portman's son is gay.

^ This is why I know Hillary is not getting the nomination

Portman's son is gay.

^ This is why I know Hillary is not getting the nomination

Huh? Why?

Ohio is a bellwether but as we've seen state politics change hands from Republican to Democratic then back to Republican just recently, Kasich is getting a little nervous. He went so far as to change his mind about the medicaid expansion.

He has a Teaparty challenger but he is leading so it's best for Ohio if he just stays where he is with hopes for a more balanced political structure statewide.

It's iffy for Hillary. I like her very much but some people really, really, don't like her. That first, with her vs. Paul Ryan is a little unnerving. He's the last one on anyone's mind but he wants to run. I love a good presidential race and I can't wait until it gets started but right now is a little early to begin thinking about it in earnest.

Kasich did himself a big favor by forcing through the Medicaid expansion, although it did upset many Republicans. I am not a fan of his at all, but I will take a look at him and might be convinced to vote for him this time around. As for Hillary, things will likely tighten up once Republicans have a nominee, but that is a long ways away. In the long haul, I find it very unlikely that Republicans will have a very competitive candidate in 2016. It will be interesting to see what happens, because conservatives will likely become emboldened after some potential success in the midterms. They do have many favorable races and could take control of the Senate. The thing is, they may well do that and then in 2016 lose both the Senate and House as Democrats ride Hillary's election to the White House. 2016 could be close, but it could also be one of those landslide type elections where we see a real turn in the electorate for a substantial amount of time.

OHIO

Polls about candidates undeclared this far out are amusing

Please. Hillary is the only thing democrats have other than Biden. In other words, she is all they have. Even if she does not want to run they will make her

Hillary has royal blood and will be adored by the press like Obama. The election may as well not even take place because I think it is already a done deal. Hillary will be there for two terms.

With blood lines like the Bush and Clinton blood line, it appears we have more of an aristocracy verses a Constitutional republic.

you still have no clue?

go figure

Stat ,pride goeth before the fall. Doesn't Cheney have a gay daughter, yeah knocks that one down.

What seems to be missing is that her polling is in a vacuum. What is the polling if you ask the question, Hilary is a big supporter of obamacare, would that effect your support of her candidacy? Etc.

There is so much that can happen between now and then that it is foolish to transpose today on nov. 2016. Are repubs behind on star power and leadership? Yep. But it is a problem that is fixable. On the other hand, Hilary might be peaking way too soon. I wonder if that can be plugged into polling data?

Forum List

Back