Is it racist?

• Yes

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • No

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Don't know

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
The point is people have been refering to black people as monkeys for a long time. Example: Porch Monkey! The guy might have not been trying to use it in a racist way but some people should think before they say such things.

That's not a point. It's an excuse.

The guy might have not been trying to use it in a racist way but some people should think before they squeal racism.

That's not a point. It's an excuse.

The guy might have not been trying to use it in a racist way but some people should think before they squeal racism.
The problem is someone people do not call others out on their racism! There are still many people in this country who are racist and people just sweap it under the rug.

only a fool would use that as some kind of political tool...no surprise it came from you

i am sure we can find obama supporters doing that and more.....idiot

I have a question. Why is it everyone jumps up and screams, "RACISM!" every time someone references a monkey to Obama but no one has a problem with calling Bush "Chimp?"

What's good for the goose...

I have a question. Why is it everyone jumps up and screams, "RACISM!" every time someone references a monkey to Obama but no one has a problem with calling Bush "Chimp?"

What's good for the goose...

Because Bush actually does look like a chimp?

bush_chimp.jpg

only to complete morons

or people without vision impairments.

clearly referring to a black man as a monkey has a racist tinge to it.. denying it is ridiculous.

the sad thing about that guy is he used his current president's namesake as his model... makes him look pretty stupid I'd say.

Chris, pos rep for those pictures... they were hysterical!

or people without vision impairments.

clearly referring to a black man as a monkey has a racist tinge to it.. denying it is ridiculous.

the sad thing about that guy is he used his current president's namesake as his model... makes him look pretty stupid I'd say.

Chris, pos rep for those pictures... they were hysterical!
so, its ok to compare one human to a monkey, but not another
got ya
:rolleyes:

Bush get called a chimp after curious george guys.

He wanders arround messing everything up and not understanding whats really going on.

Hes just like Bush.

Referring to a black man as a monkey and or chimp is racist and distasteful, the idiots who do this know full well what to expect, they shouldn't be acting so shocked like they don't know what the hell is going on.

Referring to a black man as a monkey and or chimp is racist and distasteful, the idiots who do this know full well what to expect, they shouldn't be acting so shocked like they don't know what the hell is going on.
then these same people complaining about Obama being compared to a monkey should also denounce Bush being called one as well

then these same people complaining about Obama being compared to a monkey should also denounce Bush being called one as well

Bush isn't black so why should blacks say anything about that? The blacks=chimps and monkeys thing was invented by whites so whites need to clean up the mess they made.

ah, i see
its a double standard

has any black man called Bush a chimp? No. Has calling whites a chimp historically had any racially connotations? No. So why should blacks say anything about Bush? Quit trying to excuse the stupidity of conservatards.

Combined both Gurious George threads (One from Politics, the other from Racism) together since they're the same. -Shattered

I think it depends on whether or not a racist is calling him Curious George as a racial slur or not.

The guy that made the remark could very well be here posting as William Joyce. I've never heard him say anything but negative things about black people.

To my knowledge, Curious George was a monkey that lived with the Man in the Yellow Hat. I don't recall race being discussed in the books.
Not sure if that matters.

Is calling Bush a chimp and/or caricaturizing him as one racist?
Probably not because calling Bush a chimp is really only calling this one person a chimp, not by implication the entire white population. Calling Obama Curious George is more of a comment on blacks in general.

Every President in my lifetime has been caricaturized and lampooned. Obama looks like Curious George.:lol: It isn't suddenly racist because he's half-black.
Come on now, Curious George has small ears...the only thing they have in common is they aren't whitish.

The guy that made the remark could very well be here posting as William Joyce. I've never heard him say anything but negative things about black people.

Not sure if that matters.

Probably not because calling Bush a chimp is really only calling this one person a chimp, not by implication the entire white population. Calling Obama Curious George is more of a comment on blacks in general.

Come on now, Curious George has small ears...the only thing they have in common is they aren't whitish.

You DO see your blatantly obvious double-standard, right? Calling Bush a chimp is nothing but calling Obama a chimp is WAY more.

I'll stick to one standard.

im not generally a person who liked to throw the race card out there often. but this is indeed racist.

You DO see your blatantly obvious double-standard, right? Calling Bush a chimp is nothing but calling Obama a chimp is WAY more.

I'll stick to one standard.

calling a white man a chimp doesn't have racist connotations to it like it does for a black man. now im not for calling anyone a monkey whether they are black or white, but im just saying it's different.

Forum List

Back