Is it racist?

• Yes

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • No

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Don't know

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
Am I the only one who think Obama looks like Curious George? They have the same hairline, the same ears, and the same shaped head.

Am I the only one who think Obama looks like Curious George? They have the same hairline, the same ears, and the same shaped head.
Jealousy rearing its ugly head there, jsanders.

btw, this same guy called McCain Stumpy and I told him that was bigoted...but what do I know?

Looks like I'm not the only one that doesn't consider it racist, or has the ability to see it in a different light.

Too bad nobody else has the cajones to speak up.

Looks like I'm not the only one that doesn't consider it racist, or has the ability to see it in a different light.

It is a shame, because it is possible someone else could make a logical argument.

:D

Last night I was discussing the upcoming election with a guy who called, in all seriousness, Obama Curious George. Not once, but twice.

I thought he was being a racist and told him so, though he insisted he wasn't being a racist.

What do you think--is calling Obama Curious George racist or not?

I think it depends on whether or not a racist is calling him Curious George as a racial slur or not.

To my knowledge, Curious George was a monkey that lived with the Man in the Yellow Hat. I don't recall race being discussed in the books.

Is calling Bush a chimp and/or caricaturizing him as one racist?

Every President in my lifetime has been caricaturized and lampooned. Obama looks like Curious George.:lol: It isn't suddenly racist because he's half-black.

It is a shame, because it is possible someone else could make a logical argument.

:D

Like you would consider anything anyone has to say as valid as long as it disagreed with you, anyway..

Remember - in THIS thread, RGS is "right". Why? Because he agrees with you.

Everywhere else, he's pondscum that's leeching off the government.

Since when do you need back up ? Your cajones are probably the same size as your boobs. :lol:

I think it depends on whether or not a racist is calling him Curious George as a racial slur or not.

To my knowledge, Curious George was a monkey that lived with the Man in the Yellow Hat. I don't recall race being discussed in the books.

Is calling Bush a chimp and/or caricaturizing him as one racist?

Every President in my lifetime has been caricaturized and lampooned. Obama looks like Curious George.:lol: It isn't suddenly racist because he's half-black.
The point is people have been refering to black people as monkeys for a long time. Example: Porch Monkey! The guy might have not been trying to use it in a racist way but some people should think before they say such things.

The point is people have been refering to black people as monkeys for a long time. Example: Porch Monkey! The guy might have not been trying to use it in a racist way but some people should think before they say such things.

You're right. Some people should think.

But I did think it was hilarious in Clerks II when he (can't remember his name right now) wanted to bring the saying Porch Monkey back because he didn't know it was a racist term!
"One ring to rule them all!" Sorry I had to say it!

Curious George is a wonderful cartoon. He's not only smart, but has a solid moral compass.

The Signifying Monkey is a character of African-American folklore.

I'm not sure what everyone is getting so upset about. George W. Bush looks like a Chimpanzee.

Here's a comparison:

Obama and Curious George:

george-obama.jpg

George W. Bush and a Chimpanzee:

bush-chimp-again.jpg

George W. Bush or Chimpanzee?

But I did think it was hilarious in Clerks II when he (can't remember his name right now) wanted to bring the saying Porch Monkey back because he didn't know it was a racist term!
"One ring to rule them all!" Sorry I had to say it!

Sorry but there ain't no way I'm calling the monkey on my porch an African- American !

Curious George is a wonderful cartoon. He's not only smart, but has a solid moral compass.

The Signifying Monkey is a character of African-American folklore.

I'm not sure what everyone is getting so upset about. George W. Bush looks like a Chimpanzee.

Here's a comparison:

Obama and Curious George:

george-obama.jpg

George W. Bush and a Chimpanzee:

bush-chimp-again.jpg

George W. Bush or Chimpanzee?
WoW! George does look like a Chimp!
And I do love Curious George! I don't let my son really watch tv except for Curious George and Sesame Street!

WoW! George does look like a Chimp!
And I do love Curious George! I don't let my son really watch tv except for Curious George and Sesame Street!

No question about it! If we laughed more at ourselves, we'd be a lot better off. I've noticed that many times if someone calls another a racist, they're just using it as a crutch to avoid a deeper issue.

Forum List

Back