Cruz introduces Anti-Gay marriage bill

Cruz's bill comes after Rep. Randy Weber (R-Texas) introduced a bill in January called the "State Marriage Defense Act Of 2014," which would require federal agencies to look into a person's "legal residence" when determining marital status and how federal law would be applied.

And republicans wonder why the voters correctly perceive the GOP of being hostile to civil rights and individual liberty.

While Cruz's bill has next to no chance of even coming up in the Democratic-controlled Senate, let alone being signed by President Barack Obama, it is a sign that gay marriage is still an issue among the conservative right.

Not to mention the fact that both proposed republican measures are un-Constitutional per Windsor, and would be invalidated by the courts accordingly.

Of course, most conservatives exhibiting contempt for the Constitution and its case law is nothing new.

Another R who hates the Constitution.

We could send him back to Canada but they won't have him either.

Cruz has repeatedly stated that he believes this is a states rights issue.

But you liberal wankers believe these days that even if a man like Phil Robertson says he's into vaginas and not into assholes that he's anti gay and homophobic for preferring women. :lol:

Cruz has previously stated his beliefs about same-sex marriage and states' rights.

On "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" in November, he said, "I support marriage between one man and one woman.

But I also think it's a question for the states. Some states have made decisions one way on gay marriage.

Some states have made decisions the other way. And that's the great thing about our Constitution, different states can make different decisions depending on the values of their citizens."

Cruz, Lee introduce ?State Marriage Defense Act?

I don't understand why the rightyloons feel the need to discriminate against heterosexuals. Gay people should not get special treatment because they choose to poke butts. They should have to deal with the same shit as the rest of us.

I don't understand why the rightyloons feel the need to discriminate against heterosexuals. Gay people should not get special treatment because they choose to poke butts. They should have to deal with the same shit as the rest of us.

If they should have to deal with the same shit as the rest of us , whose butt should they be poking?

Marriage equality is a states' rights issue as long as the state does not violate the 14th Amendment.

Forum List

Back