Cruz introduces Anti-Gay marriage bill

But I've been told the Tea Party isn't about social conservatism.

It isn't. It's about taxes. You are conflating the tea party with those individuals who are in the tea party. Just like you claim that ALL liberals aren't trying to destroy the country.

Leave it up to the states. Like it should be.

No. Leave it to the individuals involved.

The right wants a police state.

IF consenting adults are involved, get government out of our private lives.

If we leave individuals in charge of their own behavior then those in business won't have to participate in same sex weddings if they don't want to. I'll go for that.

If we leave individuals in charge of their own behavior then those in business won't have to participate in same sex weddings if they don't want to. I'll go for that.

Yabut, you would still be in favor of Big Government controlling women's reproduction, who marries who, and older men "marrying" young girls.

You're very typical of the right that wants bigger and bigger government and fewer and fewer rights while saying that you don't want bigger and bigger government and fewer and fewer rights. And of course, you don't want government controlling your own life.

BTW, if you want to see a very typical reaction to this general question, go read the thread about whether or not Islam should be banned in the US. LOL

Your hypocrisy is again noted.

Not surprising that you would say that its hypocrisy to be against forcing young girls to marry old men. Bet you watch all the phony redneck Duck Dynasty episodes too.

I stand by my position - children should be protected and consenting adults should be left alone. Don't like it? Tough.

Unless you want to own a gun, or exercise your own religion, or speak out on views that the left opposes.

You fucking wanking hypocrite bastard.

Oh please.

You cannot name anyone who is against the First and/or Second Amendment.

JoeB is vehemently against the 2nd amendment.

Lie.

Biden Confirms Support for Second Amendment, Says He Owns Two Shotguns - ABC News

Biden: "There Is A Second Amendment. The President And I Support The Second Amendment" | RealClearPolitics

If you want to find people who are against the Constitution, read rw's on the subject of religion, abortion and marriage equality.

Oh please.

You cannot name anyone who is against the First and/or Second Amendment.

JoeB is vehemently against the 2nd amendment.

Lie.

Biden Confirms Support for Second Amendment, Says He Owns Two Shotguns - ABC News

Biden: "There Is A Second Amendment. The President And I Support The Second Amendment" | RealClearPolitics

If you want to find people who are against the Constitution, read rw's on the subject of religion, abortion and marriage equality.

JoeB on this this board you blithering idiot. and I don't believe for a second when a democratic politican says they support the 2nd amendment. considering the laws they propose only screw over law abiding gun owners, they deserve nothing but scorn.

Cruz's bill comes after Rep. Randy Weber (R-Texas) introduced a bill in January called the "State Marriage Defense Act Of 2014," which would require federal agencies to look into a person's "legal residence" when determining marital status and how federal law would be applied.

And republicans wonder why the voters correctly perceive the GOP of being hostile to civil rights and individual liberty.

While Cruz's bill has next to no chance of even coming up in the Democratic-controlled Senate, let alone being signed by President Barack Obama, it is a sign that gay marriage is still an issue among the conservative right.

Not to mention the fact that both proposed republican measures are un-Constitutional per Windsor, and would be invalidated by the courts accordingly.

Of course, most conservatives exhibiting contempt for the Constitution and its case law is nothing new.

It's unconstitutional for the Federal Government to force the 33 States to comply with the 17 States. That is dictating to the majority.
Everybody is getting sick and tired of the Feds taking away the States rights.

Forum List

Back