Criminalizing unemployed - Sen. Hatch wants unemployed to face mandatory drug tests

OK Ollie, let's play a little game of 'then what'...

Let's say we test a mother with 3 kids on welfare, and she tests positive for marijuana...

THEN WHAT?

WHAT happens to those 3 kids?
WHAT happens to the mother?

You right wing pea brains have NO solutions, just a whole set of punishments. BUT, when you get to the 'THEN WHAT' you need human beings to just fucking evaporate.

Maybe we could lock her up in prison and spend $35,000-$40,000 per year to incarcerate her. May as well throw the kids in jail too.

You right wingers are fascists, you just believe in your little minds that it is nobility and morality.

I guess she would go without for a 2 weeks while her kids were guests of the state. I don't pretend to have all the answers, but I know that drugs are a dead end.

Guests of the state? So they are not children that need a mother, just possessions that can be held by the 'state' You are right Ollie, you have NO answers, just a whole set of punishments. And you ARE a fascist. You have NO Christian beliefs or any redeeming human traits.

Are the children better off with a mother who spends the welfare money on drugs? What are these children learning from this mother? What will they do when they are parents?

And you don't know me well enough to judge me. I have seen what drug use does to a person and to a family who lives on welfare. I've seen too much of it too close to home. And it pisses me off there is nothing I can do to help. So fuck off asswipe You know shit.

why is that crminalizing? lots of people have to get drug tested to get their paychecks. nurses, policemen, firemen, taxi drivers,, come to mind.

I don't agree with it in those instances either. I find it interesting that people on the right that screech 'police state', are the ones that support police state methods.

so you would want a nurse high on meth taking care of you or your children. figures.

Sen. Hatch wants unemployed to face mandatory drug tests - The Hill

Hey Orrin, why not just use ankle monitors?

WHO will pay for this expensive 'program'? Fiscal conservatism is just a code word. It is all about trying to turn democracy into an aristocracy. Hatch's 'program' would help to perpetuate the perception that there's "a two-class system where if you're unemployed, you no longer have the same rights as other people. It kind of criminalizes being jobless, just like over the past 20 years or so we've criminalized being homeless. That seems to be the answer for a lot of Republicans; just go ahead and go to war on the problem instead of dealing with it in a more human way."

See the only reason that someone doesn't have a job in this thriving economy is because they are drug addicts. Hatch is just trying to help.

What with David Walker's wistful call for a return to debtor's prison and this hideous attack on the unemployed it's evident that the fatuous elites in this country are so out of touch that they really have no idea how obscene their aristocratic braying sounds to average Americans. or perhaps they do, and just don't care. If your point is to pretend that 10% official unemployment is simply a reflection of the bad character of the unemployed so you can protect the wealth of the ruling class, then turning every unemployed person into a suspected criminal and potential drug user makes sense.

fascism_not_us.jpg

RefRef

If the Federal government wasn't paying people not to work this wouldn't be an issue.

OK Ollie, let's play a little game of 'then what'...

Let's say we test a mother with 3 kids on welfare, and she tests positive for marijuana...

THEN WHAT?

WHAT happens to those 3 kids?
WHAT happens to the mother?

You right wing pea brains have NO solutions, just a whole set of punishments. BUT, when you get to the 'THEN WHAT' you need human beings to just fucking evaporate.

Maybe we could lock her up in prison and spend $35,000-$40,000 per year to incarcerate her. May as well throw the kids in jail too.

You right wingers are fascists, you just believe in your little minds that it is nobility and morality.

I guess she would go without for a 2 weeks while her kids were guests of the state. I don't pretend to have all the answers, but I know that drugs are a dead end.

Guests of the state? So they are not children that need a mother, just possessions that can be held by the 'state' You are right Ollie, you have NO answers, just a whole set of punishments. And you ARE a fascist. You have NO Christian beliefs or any redeeming human traits.

Tell you what dipshit. You help get the testing for drugs to receive welfare made law and I will adopt the first kid who's mom gets thrown off welfare because she's a druggie. Since that is your main concern.........

Deal?

Tell you what dipshit. You help get the testing for drugs to receive welfare made law and I will adopt the first kid who's mom gets thrown off welfare because she's a druggie. Since that is your main concern.........

Deal?

A druggie? Of course, first you fascist scum bags have to dehumanize before you send them to the ovens...

You fascist cocksuckers REEK of self righteousness and piety...

[INDENT[/INDENT]
I never knew anyone who was drug-free who gave a rat's ass about a drug test just like I never knew someone who wasn't prone to drunk driving worrying about DUI sobriety checkpoints.

There are plenty rightwing tools like you in nawlins

Deal?

A druggie? Of course, first you fascist scum bags have to dehumanize before you send them to the ovens...

so you were being dishonest when you claimed that the children were your concern?

I'm smoking a big fat joint right now!

and I agree with drug tests for welfare.

and, because I work in HR and see how much my company pays into unemployment insurance, I agree with this too.

Someday, my fellow smokers will have to discover a little thing called "integrity" when it comes to putting their choice to smoke pot above their will to be self sufficient. If one is unemployed then, given the copious drug tests that will restrict employment, the LAST thing you want to be doing is smoking pot when resumes don't write themselves. Or, heaven fucking forbid, start a business and create more jobs. I appreciate the entrepreneurial spirit of Tommy Chong who, say what you will about his smoking habits, at least TRIED participating in an industry with selling bongs instead of, you know, claiming that back pain requires grams of good bud while lounging unemployed by a pool somewhere.

Deal?

so you were being dishonest when you claimed that the children were your concern?

Children belong with their parent(s), not with a self righteous fascist asshole.

Pot is less harmful than beer. I'm sick of uptight conservatives keeping the racist prohibition alive.

Sen. Hatch wants unemployed to face mandatory drug tests - The Hill

Hey Orrin, why not just use ankle monitors?

WHO will pay for this expensive 'program'? Fiscal conservatism is just a code word. It is all about trying to turn democracy into an aristocracy. Hatch's 'program' would help to perpetuate the perception that there's "a two-class system where if you're unemployed, you no longer have the same rights as other people. It kind of criminalizes being jobless, just like over the past 20 years or so we've criminalized being homeless. That seems to be the answer for a lot of Republicans; just go ahead and go to war on the problem instead of dealing with it in a more human way."

See the only reason that someone doesn't have a job in this thriving economy is because they are drug addicts. Hatch is just trying to help.

What with David Walker's wistful call for a return to debtor's prison and this hideous attack on the unemployed it's evident that the fatuous elites in this country are so out of touch that they really have no idea how obscene their aristocratic braying sounds to average Americans. or perhaps they do, and just don't care. If your point is to pretend that 10% official unemployment is simply a reflection of the bad character of the unemployed so you can protect the wealth of the ruling class, then turning every unemployed person into a suspected criminal and potential drug user makes sense.

fascism_not_us.jpg

RefRef
Moron. You've never lived in a welfare clogged major metropolitan area have you where you see young men sitting on street corners or circling the blocks doing nothing except selling drugs to other welfare recipiants to supplement their gubmint checks, have you?

Pot is less harmful than beer. I'm sick of uptight conservatives keeping the racist prohibition alive.

Well perhaps you should oh I don't know read the board before you start running your cum dumpster.... I am for legalizing marijuana. Making it legal does NOT give you an absolute right to smoke it while working for someone else, nor does it mean the government can't say "you smoke poke, no welfare." You have NO right to welfare.

I'm sorry, but can you please explain to us how being anti-drug use is racist?

You might be that unread. Racist started the prohibition of cannabis in the 1930 saying mexicans and blacks would rape white woman if allowed to smoke pot. Mostly brown and black people are jailed for use while most users are white.

Well perhaps you should oh I don't know read the board before you start running your cum dumpster.... I am for legalizing marijuana. Making it legal does NOT give you an absolute right to smoke it while working for someone else, nor does it mean the government can't say "you smoke poke, no welfare." You have NO right to welfare.

Again you and your boyfriend licking each others ass is up to you. If pot were legal we wouldn't be testing for it at work you fucking closet ghestapo wannabe.

I'm sorry, but can you please explain to us how being anti-drug use is racist?

You might be that unread. Racist started the prohibition of cannabis in the 1930 saying mexicans and blacks would rape white woman if allowed to smoke pot. Mostly brown and black people are jailed for use while most users are white.

Incorrect, as usual

6.2 % of users are white
12.3% are either black or latino.

Illicit Drug Use, by Race/Ethnicity, in Metropolitan and Non-Metropolitan Counties: 2004 and 2005, SAMHSA, Office of Applied Studies

Again you and your boyfriend licking each others ass is up to you. If pot were legal we wouldn't be testing for it at work you fucking closet ghestapo wannabe.

You're one dumb fucking moron.

Do you realize that if I own a business I can test you for kool and fire you for drinking it? It's my god-damned business and I can hire who I want and fire who I want. DUH

Forum List

Back