Criminalizing unemployed - Sen. Hatch wants unemployed to face mandatory drug tests

That's fine, if you choose to endorse it. Just don't come back and say we have too much government in our lives. It is an invasion of privacy.

Excuse me but no it isn't. You don't want to succumb to drug testing , you don't apply for jobs that require drug testing. Pretty simple. There is NO invasion of privacy here

So what you're saying is you are as free as the police state allows. The blind statism of the right is unbelievable. You fuckers understanding of freedom is conformity and subservience. You have NO solutions, just a whole set of punishments.

THAT is what 'conservatism' has devolved to.

Are you that stupid? If government jobs test for drugs and you don't want to be tested for drugs then don't apply for government jobs. How fucking hard is that to comprehend? Feel free to find anywhere in the CON where you are guaranteed a job. You are in fact not. Stupid.

Excuse me but no it isn't. You don't want to succumb to drug testing , you don't apply for jobs that require drug testing. Pretty simple. There is NO invasion of privacy here

So what you're saying is you are as free as the police state allows. The blind statism of the right is unbelievable. You fuckers understanding of freedom is conformity and subservience. You have NO solutions, just a whole set of punishments.

Are you that stupid? If government jobs test for drugs and you don't want to be tested for drugs then don't apply for government jobs. How fucking hard is that to comprehend? Feel free to find anywhere in the CON where you are guaranteed a job. You are in fact not. Stupid.

bfgrn would prefer no drug laws and free drugs for all.

IMHO, in this case the problem is who is paying for the tests.

If you are working for an employer that chooses to do drug testing and to pay for it themselves, then you have to submit to those tests. This is a different scenario. Employment has nothing to do with it.

Immie

What ? the guy I was responding to was talking about government employees being tested, not the original question of testing the unemployed who , as I sated, I am against doing.

I thought that was how you started this thread, but it seemed to have taken a turn to mean the unemployed.

Immie

We test many people who work for the public, Police, Firemen, Military personnel, to name a few. And I for one have no problem with that. I also agree that welfare recipients should be drug tested. But unemployed.....I can't see that one.

My problem with testing Welfare recipients is the same as testing the unemployed. More expenses that will be charged to our great great grandchildren.

When are we going to realize that we have to stop spending as if money comes out of a faucet?

Immie

i could tell through my interviews with potential hires, whether they would be good performing employees or NOT, without ever giving them a drug test....

He can prefer whatever he wants, and that's fine, but I'm tired of fucking morons like him claiming they have rights to this and rights to that. No you have the fucking rights outlined in the CON or defined by law . Nothing more.

We test many people who work for the public, Police, Firemen, Military personnel, to name a few. And I for one have no problem with that. I also agree that welfare recipients should be drug tested. But unemployed.....I can't see that one.

OK Ollie, let's play a little game of 'then what'...

Let's say we test a mother with 3 kids on welfare, and she tests positive for marijuana...

THEN WHAT?

WHAT happens to those 3 kids?
WHAT happens to the mother?

You right wing pea brains have NO solutions, just a whole set of punishments. BUT, when you get to the 'THEN WHAT' you need human beings to just fucking evaporate.

Maybe we could lock her up in prison and spend $35,000-$40,000 per year to incarcerate her. May as well throw the kids in jail too.

You right wingers are fascists, you just believe in your little minds that it is nobility and morality.

I never knew anyone who was drug-free who gave a rat's ass about a drug test just like I never knew someone who wasn't prone to drunk driving worrying about DUI sobriety checkpoints.

Translation:

We think this expansion of government power/reach is OK and if you disagree we'll imply that you're secretly a criminal.

My problem with testing Welfare recipients is the same as testing the unemployed. More expenses that will be charged to our great great grandchildren.

When are we going to realize that we have to stop spending as if money comes out of a faucet?

Immie

Immie, from my experiences I can make a pretty good guess that 1/3 of welfare scum would fail to qualify for welfare if tested for drugs. I drug test is a hell of a lot cheaper than welfare.

He can prefer whatever he wants, and that's fine, but I'm tired of fucking morons like him claiming they have rights to this and rights to that. No you have the fucking rights outlined in the CON or defined by law . Nothing more.

the right to privacy?

Ah, it never takes long for the right wing pea brain polarized statement...

Immie

Ah, that is the beauty of it. When a welfare recipient tests positive; they don't get a check. We actually save money.

the right to privacy?

You have the right to privacy. You have the right to sit in the privacy of your own home and do whatever you want. You absolutely do not have the right to do whatever you want at someone else s place of business.

Example. You have the freedom of speech, but you do NOT have the right to say anything on this board that Gunny doesn't allow. If you do , he has the right to kick your ass off and your subsequent lawsuit would be laughed out of court. it's the same principal.

Some of you really need to read the CON and try to understand it.

Wrong!

"The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people."

Last edited:

Let's say we test a mother with 3 kids on welfare, and she tests positive for marijuana...

THEN WHAT?

You right wing pea brains have NO solutions, just a whole set of punishments. BUT, when you get to the 'THEN WHAT' you need human beings to just fucking evaporate.

Maybe we could lock her up in prison and spend $35,000-$40,000 per year to incarcerate her. May as well throw the kids in jail too.

You right wingers are fascists, you just believe in your little minds that it is nobility and morality.

I guess she would go without for a 2 weeks while her kids were guests of the state. I don't pretend to have all the answers, but I know that drugs are a dead end.

Wrong!

"The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people."

Correct, and those other rights are defined by law, which is exactly why I wrote "you have the rights allowed by the CON or defined by law"

learn to read

Last edited:
Sen. Hatch wants unemployed to face mandatory drug tests - The Hill

Hey Orrin, why not just use ankle monitors?

WHO will pay for this expensive 'program'? Fiscal conservatism is just a code word. It is all about trying to turn democracy into an aristocracy. Hatch's 'program' would help to perpetuate the perception that there's "a two-class system where if you're unemployed, you no longer have the same rights as other people. It kind of criminalizes being jobless, just like over the past 20 years or so we've criminalized being homeless. That seems to be the answer for a lot of Republicans; just go ahead and go to war on the problem instead of dealing with it in a more human way."

See the only reason that someone doesn't have a job in this thriving economy is because they are drug addicts. Hatch is just trying to help.

What with David Walker's wistful call for a return to debtor's prison and this hideous attack on the unemployed it's evident that the fatuous elites in this country are so out of touch that they really have no idea how obscene their aristocratic braying sounds to average Americans. or perhaps they do, and just don't care. If your point is to pretend that 10% official unemployment is simply a reflection of the bad character of the unemployed so you can protect the wealth of the ruling class, then turning every unemployed person into a suspected criminal and potential drug user makes sense.

fascism_not_us.jpg

RefRef

Here's the way it is, I give you money I own you until you pay it back, but with the government you never pay them back so they can tell people who is recieving government money what to do and when to do it. You don't like it don't take the money.

THEN WHAT?

I guess she would go without for a 2 weeks while her kids were guests of the state. I don't pretend to have all the answers, but I know that drugs are a dead end.

Guests of the state? So they are not children that need a mother, just possessions that can be held by the 'state' You are right Ollie, you have NO answers, just a whole set of punishments. And you ARE a fascist. You have NO Christian beliefs or any redeeming human traits.

Sen. Hatch wants unemployed to face mandatory drug tests - The Hill

Hey Orrin, why not just use ankle monitors?

WHO will pay for this expensive 'program'? Fiscal conservatism is just a code word. It is all about trying to turn democracy into an aristocracy. Hatch's 'program' would help to perpetuate the perception that there's "a two-class system where if you're unemployed, you no longer have the same rights as other people. It kind of criminalizes being jobless, just like over the past 20 years or so we've criminalized being homeless. That seems to be the answer for a lot of Republicans; just go ahead and go to war on the problem instead of dealing with it in a more human way."

See the only reason that someone doesn't have a job in this thriving economy is because they are drug addicts. Hatch is just trying to help.

What with David Walker's wistful call for a return to debtor's prison and this hideous attack on the unemployed it's evident that the fatuous elites in this country are so out of touch that they really have no idea how obscene their aristocratic braying sounds to average Americans. or perhaps they do, and just don't care. If your point is to pretend that 10% official unemployment is simply a reflection of the bad character of the unemployed so you can protect the wealth of the ruling class, then turning every unemployed person into a suspected criminal and potential drug user makes sense.

fascism_not_us.jpg

RefRef

:rofl: Your thread title alone shows you have an inherant bias, classic BFGRN

That being said what is the problem with taking a drug test for ANYONE receiving public money.

That would mean Unemployment, Welfare, social security, government employees, senators, congresscritters, presidential administration.

Forum List

Back