Criminalizing unemployed - Sen. Hatch wants unemployed to face mandatory drug tests

Pot is less harmful than beer. I'm sick of uptight conservatives keeping the racist prohibition alive.
Except when I drink a beer I don't give someone else in the same room of me a 'contact drunk'.

Pot combines all the worst aspects of beer AND smoking in one easy package.

Although I say this. End the war on drugs and let the states decide AS THEY SHOULD, so you potheads can move to California or wherever else legalizes that shit, and I can keep far away.

Con you hog conservative cock you faggot nazi wannabee

Translation:

Damn, you fucking spanked me good in this thread, but my pride prevents me from admitting that I had it wrong, so instead I will call you derogatory names and run"

Pot is less harmful than beer. I'm sick of uptight conservatives keeping the racist prohibition alive.
Except when I drink a beer I don't give someone else in the same room of me a 'contact drunk'.

Pot combines all the worst aspects of beer AND smoking in one easy package.

Although I say this. End the war on drugs and let the states decide AS THEY SHOULD, so you potheads can move to California or wherever else legalizes that shit, and I can keep far away.

Contact high lofl, drunk driving kill plenty. Pot drivers only go to taco bell and drive like granny

Sen. Hatch wants unemployed to face mandatory drug tests - The Hill

Hey Orrin, why not just use ankle monitors?

WHO will pay for this expensive 'program'? Fiscal conservatism is just a code word. It is all about trying to turn democracy into an aristocracy. Hatch's 'program' would help to perpetuate the perception that there's "a two-class system where if you're unemployed, you no longer have the same rights as other people. It kind of criminalizes being jobless, just like over the past 20 years or so we've criminalized being homeless. That seems to be the answer for a lot of Republicans; just go ahead and go to war on the problem instead of dealing with it in a more human way."

See the only reason that someone doesn't have a job in this thriving economy is because they are drug addicts. Hatch is just trying to help.

What with David Walker's wistful call for a return to debtor's prison and this hideous attack on the unemployed it's evident that the fatuous elites in this country are so out of touch that they really have no idea how obscene their aristocratic braying sounds to average Americans. or perhaps they do, and just don't care. If your point is to pretend that 10% official unemployment is simply a reflection of the bad character of the unemployed so you can protect the wealth of the ruling class, then turning every unemployed person into a suspected criminal and potential drug user makes sense.

fascism_not_us.jpg

RefRef
Moron. You've never lived in a welfare clogged major metropolitan area have you where you see young men sitting on street corners or circling the blocks doing nothing except selling drugs to other welfare recipiants to supplement their gubmint checks, have you?

I don't live there, but I have been there and I have seen it. What is your solution? Or should I say what are your whole set of punishments?

I recall when the 'compassionate conservatives' took over Congress in the mid-90's, the crime bill was going through Congress. And a provision of the crime bill was money was to be equally spent on increased law enforcement personnel, improved prisons and money for community centers and after school programs...BUT, the 'compassionate conservatives' immediately jumped on the money for community centers and after school programs. They said" 'We're not going to pay for 'midnight basketball'.

The FACTS are most juvenile crime occurs between school recess and when parents get home from work. Police Chiefs from around the country came to Washington to lobby Congressman and Senators...their message: what you call 'midnight basketball' is the best way to make police work easier.

You right wing scum bags NEVER have solutions, just a whole set of punishments...that ultimately cost the taxpayers MORE and society always suffers. You reduce the value of a human life to a $500 check...

You cocksuckers are going to have a tough time explaining yourselves to St Peter...I pity you.

I don't agree with THIS. If you are collecting UE isnurance that's money you paid in. I am however pro drug testing welfare fags.

You don't pay into unemployment insurance, your employer does.

Each state pays its unemployed workers from the pool of unemployment taxes it collected from employers, based on their number of employees and their turnover history. The formulae is different for each state. According to the Related Links below the state collects payroll taxes from employers, based on their turnover rate. This became a law under the Federal Social Security Act and is administered by the individual states. The only time employers pay employees directly is when the employer has an agreement to do so by the state that collects the taxes from them, in order to opt out of paying the tax. The employer does not receive a bill for payments made, but the state does adjust his tax rate based on his turn over experience. The taxes collected pays for both operational costs as well as benefit payments.

In Texas, Your employer ultimately pays 100% of any unemployment benefits you receive.

The state issues your the check from its account, So in that since it appears that the state pays you the benefit check, But then they bill the employer for the amount of those disbursements. So in actuality, the employer is still paying it. In Fact,, Unemployment commission employees here will not even call it "Unemployment Insurance" because it is in effect not insurance in the way it is handled here, They use the term "Unemployment Compensation" instead, or at least when talking to the employer.

•Unemployment Benefits: A Federal-State Lifeline for the Unemployed
•unemployment compensation: West's Encyclopedia of American Law (Full Article) from Answers.com
•http://www.azleg.state.az.us/briefs/Senate/UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE.pdf

Oh good grief. any logical person could ascertain that UE insurance is part of your compensation package and therefor YOU pay it. Might as well say that if your employer offers company paid insurance then then that means they pay for your insurance, not you. :lol:

You do not pay for your own unemployment compensation - your employer does. You pay state and federal tax, which has nothing to do with the above. You're simply receiving funds from an account your previous employer paid in to. It is not called unemployment insurance - it's called compensation. You re not automatically entitled to it upon your dismissal from work - if it were yours, and your fund, you would be.

Conhog I really don't care you suck republican cock. What your spanking is your normal Friday date fistine.

Hatch is creating an issue where none exists. People are unemployed because of a bad economy, not because of their drug abuse

We test many people who work for the public, Police, Firemen, Military personnel, to name a few. And I for one have no problem with that. I also agree that welfare recipients should be drug tested. But unemployed.....I can't see that one.

My problem with testing Welfare recipients is the same as testing the unemployed. More expenses that will be charged to our great great grandchildren.

When are we going to realize that we have to stop spending as if money comes out of a faucet?

Immie

Immie, from my experiences I can make a pretty good guess that 1/3 of welfare scum would fail to qualify for welfare if tested for drugs. I drug test is a hell of a lot cheaper than welfare.

I don't know the Welfare laws enough to speak to this but is there an additional disqualification from the Welfare roles if someone happens to fail a drug test? If not, what difference does it make except that someone who does fail might end up in prison and thus live off of the government tit in prison rather than on Welfare? What is more expensive, incarceration or welfare?

I'm guessing incarceration.

Immie

I'm sorry, but can you please explain to us how being anti-drug use is racist?

You might be that unread. Racist started the prohibition of cannabis in the 1930 saying mexicans and blacks would rape white woman if allowed to smoke pot. Mostly brown and black people are jailed for use while most users are white.

Um, in case you need to catch up, it is 2010. We have changed greatly since 1930.

And lets see some actual stats on who is jailed and why. And please remember I have Mexican, Puerto Ricans, and blacks in my immediate family.

I'm sorry, but can you please explain to us how being anti-drug use is racist?

You might be that unread. Racist started the prohibition of cannabis in the 1930 saying mexicans and blacks would rape white woman if allowed to smoke pot. Mostly brown and black people are jailed for use while most users are white.

Um, in case you need to catch up, it is 2010. We have changed greatly since 1930.

And lets see some actual stats on who is jailed and why. And please remember I have Mexican, Puerto Ricans, and blacks in my immediate family.

I already posted the evidence. higher percentage of blacks use pot, slightly lower percentage of latinos.

IOW he just pulled that shit out of his ass as usual

You don't pay into unemployment insurance, your employer does.

Each state pays its unemployed workers from the pool of unemployment taxes it collected from employers, based on their number of employees and their turnover history. The formulae is different for each state. According to the Related Links below the state collects payroll taxes from employers, based on their turnover rate. This became a law under the Federal Social Security Act and is administered by the individual states. The only time employers pay employees directly is when the employer has an agreement to do so by the state that collects the taxes from them, in order to opt out of paying the tax. The employer does not receive a bill for payments made, but the state does adjust his tax rate based on his turn over experience. The taxes collected pays for both operational costs as well as benefit payments.

In Texas, Your employer ultimately pays 100% of any unemployment benefits you receive.

The state issues your the check from its account, So in that since it appears that the state pays you the benefit check, But then they bill the employer for the amount of those disbursements. So in actuality, the employer is still paying it. In Fact,, Unemployment commission employees here will not even call it "Unemployment Insurance" because it is in effect not insurance in the way it is handled here, They use the term "Unemployment Compensation" instead, or at least when talking to the employer.

•Unemployment Benefits: A Federal-State Lifeline for the Unemployed
•unemployment compensation: West's Encyclopedia of American Law (Full Article) from Answers.com
•http://www.azleg.state.az.us/briefs/Senate/UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE.pdf

Oh good grief. any logical person could ascertain that UE insurance is part of your compensation package and therefor YOU pay it. Might as well say that if your employer offers company paid insurance then then that means they pay for your insurance, not you. :lol:

You do not pay for your own unemployment compensation - your employer does. You pay state and federal tax, which has nothing to do with the above. You're simply receiving funds from an account your previous employer paid in to. It is not called unemployment insurance - it's called compensation. You re not automatically entitled to it upon your dismissal from work - if it were yours, and your fund, you would be.

True, BUT it isn't money the government is just giving you either.

Conhog I really don't care you suck republican cock. What your spanking is your normal Friday date fistine.

Hey fool. As most people are aware CON is short for Constitution as in the US CON, if it were con then it would stand for conservative which doesn't even necessarily mean the GOP.

You fail.... yet again............

What is your solution?

If I couldn't end all welfare programs and social spending to allow the regrowth of charitable giving I'd demand more accountability by those who took the money to drive them OFF welfare. You want it, you're living in government housing, and getting drug tested including alcohol and cigarettes, and have to put in so much time searching for work or in job training programs. You get caught doing crimes you're off for life. Oh, and of course, your kids will be put in foster care till you get your ass on your feet.

Welfare SHOULD be embarassing, less than comfortable and a social stigma. Too many are just existing there and need to realize nobody owes them a life. Particularly a comfortable life. You should not want to be on it for any reason or be running to private charities and family who SHOULD be the ones helping you out. But they're competing against the government who doesn't have to act with any sort of accountability or responsibility with their funding or charges. Once you get your shit together you get off and stay off any way possible.

The war on poverty is failed. We need our exit strategy from it implemented now.

I recall when the 'compassionate conservatives'

I do too. Slick marketing by RINOS to push big REPUBLICAN government. Colossal mistake. Only good thing they did was welfare reform. They just didn't go far enough. And just think! If they had, we wouldn't be in as bad a financial situation we are in now! Incredible!

The FACTS are most juvenile crime occurs between school recess and when parents get home from work. Police Chiefs from around the country came to Washington to lobby Congressman and Senators...their message: what you call 'midnight basketball' is the best way to make police work easier.

I listened to an hour long interview with the former Chief of Police of St. Paul. Midnight Basketball does very little to help crime. Afterschool programs and parental involvement do the most. You be proactive out of the gate, and give kids positive (mostly male because they are often single mom households) role models and you start breaking a lot of that cycle. They had one program extremely successful where police officers acted like their fathers in many way taking them out and doing things from bowling to theater to camping. The kids responded excellent to that when there were no other male role models in their lives.

Involvement, involvement involvement. If the parents don't pick up their part as well... all the effort will still be lost. The wierd thing that I found was that most of the kids in gangs are there because the OG often becomes a father figure to them and they act accordingly. Once you short circuit that, and go after the OGs and get them off the street, you tend to destroy the recruitment into gangs, and starve them of manpower.

You right wing scum bags NEVER have solutions, just a whole set of punishments...that ultimately cost the taxpayers MORE and society always suffers. You reduce the value of a human life to a $500 check...

And you left wing fucks don't want to deal with it. You just want to pay it to go away as long as it doesn't bother you. You think our solutions are harsh... well we've done enabling for 40 years and it's failed. Time to toughen up, force some personal responsibility and force them to work or fucking starve. Trust me, for 450 years... they don't starve... they work. It sucks but it's what does the job.

You cocksuckers are going to have a tough time explaining yourselves to St Peter...I pity you.

This from a christian hater. Yeah, like you understand how God judges. What hell have you leftists put into the lives of millions because you reduced them to cattle waiting to die without a shred of human dignity. Got me a gubmint check! Yeah, great achievement there. You should be so fucking proud.

Only an unread moron thinks more whites than minorities are arrested for pot. Yes it's 2010 and the racist inspired law is still on the books gunny Nazi.

Only an unread moron thinks more whites than minorities are arrested for pot. Yes it's 2010 and the racist inspired law is still on the books gunny Nazi.

A) Who are you talking to?

B) Could you practice some typing coherency, and speak in a level above that of a 4th grader?

Welfare and unemployment beneficiaries would have to pass a drug test to qualify for programs under an amendment offered Tuesday by Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah).

Sen. Hatch wants unemployed to face mandatory drug tests - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room
Welfare absolutely . unemployment not so much.

Yea! Let's spend a LOT more taxpayer's money, break up families and STILL be left with human beings that will be society's burden...

But at least we can complete the Right wing Nanny state Nixon and Reagan started...

britannica_prison.jpg

US_incarceration_timeline.gif

Forum List

Back