Crime is down, though Fox News viewers might not be aware

That's a pretty desperate bit of excuse making right there.

Not that "desperate " at all. If I was robbed or assaulted in Chicago, I wouldn't bother to call the police. What would be the point?

Maybe if I was making an insurance claim and Jake from State Farm told me they needed a police report, sure. But on general principles , why bother? If I was in East St. Louis and saw drug dealing or ho'ing and pimping going on, I'd ignore it.

What's it like compared to pre 2020?
selected quotes for you:

Overall, the data shows violent and property crime remained consistent between 2020 and 2021.

While the aggregate estimated violent crime volume for the nation decreased 1% (from 1,326,600 in 2020 to 1,313,200 in 2021), the estimated number of murders increased 4.3% (from 22,000 in 2020 to 22,900 in 2021).

The robbery rate decreased 8.9% from 2020 to 2021, which heavily contributed to the decrease in overall violent crime despite increases in murder and rape rates at the national level.

It is important to note that these estimated trends are not considered statistically significant by NIBRS estimation methods.

The nonsignificant nature of the observed trends is why, despite these described changes, the overall message is that crime remained consistent.

The crime remained consistent with pre 2020.

Overview

• In 2019, the estimated number of murders in the nation was 16,425. This was a 0.3 percent increase from the 2018 estimate, a 3.4 percent increase from the 2015 figure, and an 11.6 percent increase from the number in 2010. (See Tables 1 and 1A.)

• There were 5.0 murders per 100,000 people in 2019. The murder rate in 2019 was down from the rate in 2018 (0.2 percent). However, the murder rate was up 1.1 percent when compared with the 2015 rate and 5.1 percent from the 2010 rate. (See Tables 1 and 1A.)

• Of the estimated number of murders in the United States, 48.7 percent were reported in the South, 20.8 percent were reported in the Midwest, 19.3 percent were reported in the West, and 11.2 percent were reported in the Northeast. (See Table 3.)

Not that "desperate " at all. If I was robbed or assaulted in Chicago, I wouldn't bother to call the police. What would be the point?

Maybe if I was making an insurance claim and Jake from State Farm told me they needed a police report, sure. But on general principles , why bother? If I was in East St. Louis and saw drug dealing or ho'ing and pimping going on, I'd ignore it.

FOX News has done it's job. Check is the mail. Wait! They've got to pay out the billions first.

They are charging felonies as misdemeanors now and don’t report most violent crimes. All covered up
Try dealing with facts, and not some from other misinformed assholes out there...

The stats are affected the way you imply. After convictions...

Under California Penal Code Section 17(b) PC, a person who has been convicted of a felony can have the charge reduced to a misdemeanor when the underlying offense is what is considered a “wobbler” crime that could have been charged as either a felony or a misdemeanor.

Additionally, the defendant must have been granted probation. There are many criminal offenses that are considered “wobblers” under the law, including burglary under California Penal Code Section 459 PC, grand theft under California Penal Code Section 487 PC, criminal threats pursuant to California Penal Code Section 422 PC and spousal battery under California Penal Code Section 273.5 PC.

“Straight felonies” which can only be prosecuted as felonies are not eligible for misdemeanor reduction.

They are charging felonies as misdemeanors now and don’t report most violent crimes. All covered up
When stupid people repeat bs, they usually get caught.

If the judge agrees to reduce the felony conviction to a misdemeanor, the defendant could then file an expungement motion under California Penal Code Section 1203.4 PC. While felony convictions can be expunged, it is critical that the conviction first be reduced to a misdemeanor before the expungement. This would allow defendant to have certain rights restored, including the right to own or possess firearms.

Nothing like you understand it, eh?

Stupid is as stupid does.

Everyone expected a recession. The Fed and White House found a way out.​

The economy’s strength and stability — defying many of the most optimistic predictions — represents a remarkable development after seemingly endless crises

After two years of relentless pressure over everything from sky-high inflation to a looming recession, the head of the Federal Reserve was asked this month what he does for fun.
“For me, a big, big party — and I mean, this is really as fun as it gets — is a really good inflation report,” Jerome H. Powell said before a crowd at Spelman College. He flashed a smile and laughed.

For an official who typically sticks to a tight script, the quip was downright jubilant. But it also reflected a subtle mood shift from the central bank — and from a leader who feels finally freed to crack a joke in the first place, however restrained.

Wow! Wow! Wow! Let's GoBrandon!

View attachment 875058
The Federal Reserve is the real ruler of the nation. It is the politicians who ran the fiat currency into the ground. However, the Federal Reserve makes its profits and gains more and more control on all of us as they own many of the credit, financial and banking centers also. Around the world the private bankers have helped to impoverish a lot of people. We see a lot of the results with refugees from suffering nations coming here.

The rate of decline after a few terrible years is the news. Biden has been in since 2021, not 2020. The article mentions first three years of Trump's presidency and first three years of Biden presidency. Every president walks into things they had no power of -- inheritance. What did Trump walk into? What did Biden walk into?

I made no mention or Biden or Trump.

The Federal Reserve is the real ruler of the nation. It is the politicians who ran the fiat currency into the ground. However, the Federal Reserve makes its profits and gains more and more control on all of us as they own many of the credit, financial and banking centers also. Around the world the private bankers have helped to impoverish a lot of people. We see a lot of the results with refugees from suffering nations coming here.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........

Lyndon LaRouche is on line #9

(Number nine) Number nine, number nine, number nine, number nine, number nine, number nine, number nine, number nine, number nine, number nine, number nine, number nine, number nine, number nine, number (Number, number nine, number nine) - Beatles

I made no mention or Biden or Trump.
Didn't say you did. So should we both go on a rampage sidetracking the thread because you heard something that was not said?

The years are about who is president at the time, who walked into what, because the thread is about FOX shilling for Trump and GOP

The projection from the right is amusing. Just because FOX is a GOP Network, doesn't make others Dem Networks.

We ll know you have been laughed at by your info-brainwshers over at FOX. They're paying out billions for being caught lying and shilling fro Trump.

Then we had FOX Lawyers winning in a court on another issue a few years back -- Tucker Carlson can't be seriously believed.
There is no doubt that WAPO is a propaganda arm and excuse maker for the Biden administration. The interesting point is that WAPO apparently doesn't seem to think that it's own spin about crime statistics can stand up to scrutiny so they bring Fox into the picture even though there is no basis for it. It's an old trick to bolster a weak argument and only lefties seem to fall for it.

Forum List

Back