$crewing Pooches

I'm not prejudiced against Christians, I have a lot of friends who're Christians. I resent the political spirit behind what a particular individual said... political as evidenced by the political response from both D.C. and Chicago.

do you lie about what your friends say, as well?

Nice set up... :eusa_hand: pass.

don't try to blame me for what you did.

liars gonna lie.

Does that include things like survivor / spouse and child benefits paid out of the same Social Security trust fund you contributed your tax dollars to?

No matter how 'married' a same-sex couple in this country are, Social Security Law defines marriage as between a man and a woman.

Homosexuals have a righteous bitch in my average opinion.

absolutely it should include SS. Here's my feelings on the subject. Gays work, pay taxes, follow the laws of our country and have and do serve in our military. If they are willing to contribute to our society, they should be awarded the same benefits as any other citizen...no matter who they love romantically.

That has nothing to do with religion....that has everything to do with the ideals of our country.

Then you guys need to take it up with the President.
This is a federal issue!

However beating on a privately owned, 60+ year old company, because of one man's faith is BS!
Would you feel the same if he were a Muslim?

Joe-did you WATCH the video?

Don't throw out the Muslim card....It's not his faith that is the problem, it's his anti-American viewpoint that "some" of our citizens don't belong in our society. He is another Fred Phelps. Btw, as consumers, we have every right to "beat"on whatever business we choose to. perhaps their food sucks, perhaps the service sucks, perhaps the owner of said company is stepping WAY the fuck over the line of personal belief and desired discrimination. In any or all of those circumstances, the customer has the power to say "Fuck off dickhead, you'll never see another dollar from me". BTW....what is it with you hard core righties? Is there not a Billionaire you WON'T stick up for, even if they do rotten shit?

Perhaps that's what you guys really worship....money and power.

absolutely it should include SS. Here's my feelings on the subject. Gays work, pay taxes, follow the laws of our country and have and do serve in our military. If they are willing to contribute to our society, they should be awarded the same benefits as any other citizen...no matter who they love romantically.

That has nothing to do with religion....that has everything to do with the ideals of our country.

This is a federal issue!

However beating on a privately owned, 60+ year old company, because of one man's faith is BS!

Don't throw out the Muslim card....It's not his faith that is the problem, it's his anti-American viewpoint that "some" of our citizens don't belong in our society. He is another Fred Phelps. Btw, as consumers, we have every right to "beat"on whatever business we choose to. perhaps their food sucks, perhaps the service sucks, perhaps the owner of said company is stepping WAY the fuck over the line of personal belief and desired discrimination. In any or all of those circumstances, the customer has the power to say "Fuck off dickhead, you'll never see another dollar from me". BTW....what is it with you hard core righties? Is there not a Billionaire you WON'T stick up for, even if they do rotten shit?

First, I'm not a hard core righty, understood?

A man is not entitled to his opinion?
That's what he said "My opinion is...."
Show me where he discriminated, please.
Comparing this guy to Phelps is just not the same thing, dude!

I'm not prejudiced against Christians, I have a lot of friends who're Christians. I resent the political spirit behind what a particular individual said... political as evidenced by the political response from both D.C. and Chicago.

Do you mean the 'political spirit' of intolerance?

1 Loyola Water Tower In-Line
30 E Chicago Ave Chicago, IL 60611
0.91 miles away

1 Burlington Mall
75 Middlesex Turnpike Burlington, MA 01803
11.71 miles away

:eusa_whistle:

Chick-fil-A: Restaurant Locator

This is a federal issue!

well...in my experience only the hard core throw out the "what if he were Muslim" card....it seems to be in the playbook....

I was thinking about this thread topic last night and thought to myself what an interesting phenomenon in contrast to another recent hot topic of giving and receiving negative reputation in a forum community... I mean, Joe here would like to neg the Chic-Fil-A business into oblivion!!! (to borrow an image from my dear ol' pal Care4all..lol) People want to use their power and influence to blow their business to smithereens, just because the business owner expressed his point of view? Jeesh!

I support gays and their right to civil marriage, but I do not think people are being fair to this family. It doesn't help that all the reactionary opportunists are now using them as a political spectacle, but the fact remains these are good people who have not actually treated anyone with discrimination, and as far as anyone has shown, conducts their business entirely properly... The whole thing smacks of tolerance hypocrisy!

well...in my experience only the hard core throw out the "what if he were Muslim" card....it seems to be in the playbook....
Welcome to a new experience! :D

I was thinking about this thread topic last night and thought to myself what an interesting phenomenon in contrast to another recent hot topic of giving and receiving negative reputation in a forum community... I mean, Joe here would like to neg the Chic-Fil-A business into oblivion!!! (to borrow an image from my dear ol' pal Care4all..lol) People want to use their power and influence to blow their business to smithereens, just because the business owner expressed his point of view? Jeesh!

I support gays and their right to civil marriage, but I do not think people are being fair to this family. It doesn't help that all the reactionary opportunists are now using them as a political spectacle, but the fact remains these are good people who have not actually treated anyone with discrimination, and as far as anyone has shown, conducts their business entirely properly... The whole thing smacks of tolerance hypocrisy!

what is going to do? demand that people declare their sexual orientation to a bouncer before they enter the establishment? kick people out who talk with a feminine accent or girls with chain drive wallets? It's not what he's done....it's what he WANTS done.

what is going to do? demand that people declare their sexual orientation to a bouncer before they enter the establishment? kick people out who talk with a feminine accent or girls with chain drive wallets? It's not what he's done....it's what he WANTS done.

No, it's what reactionary fear mongers are pretending he wants done...

Exactly. And, I would like to add to that, that those in political power are violating their constitutional rights - denial of due process (permits) based on their exercise of free speech.

He's guilty of a Thought Crime. Burn the witch!

Wow....sounds like you guys when you hear the word "social justice".

who's calling for any harm to the guy? Funny, you guys are all about personal responsibility....unless it's a billionaire...They can do or say anything they like. but let a working class stiff talk about better wages or benefits, or(gasp) unions....and you act as though someone shot your dog.

I'm just calling for people who had enough of right wing fundamentalist bullying to exercise their right to put this fucker out of business. Which is well within a consumer's right to do so....free market and all of that, ya know?

You can do whatever you want...it's a free country...but NEVER forget, those freedoms that YOU enjoy, people that you don't like share those same freedoms. well, unless assholes like this guy get their way.

which is what, exactly?

who's calling for any harm to the guy? Funny, you guys are all about personal responsibility....unless it's a billionaire...They can do or say anything they like. but let a working class stiff talk about better wages or benefits, or(gasp) unions....and you act as though someone shot your dog.

I'm just calling for people who had enough of right wing fundamentalist bullying to exercise their right to put this fucker out of business. Which is well within a consumer's right to do so....free market and all of that, ya know?

You can do whatever you want...it's a free country...but NEVER forget, those freedoms that YOU enjoy, people that you don't like share those same freedoms. well, unless assholes like this guy get their way.

social justice is two words. :thup:

no need to thank me, virtue is its own reward.

ironic dimwit is dim. :lol:

If folks want to boycott him, that's fine by me.

Funny you have no comment about his being denied due process by the government. One must defend their opponent when the higher calling is equal rights for all. If they actually care about equality under the law and inherent rights, that is.

ironic dimwit is dim. :lol:
I know!

You were much more concise than I was.

Thanks.

Forum List

Back