$crewing Pooches

No ma'am.

To in effect declare that "Anyone who doesn't live like ME and my one wife is bringing God's Judgement on America!" is homophobic, anti gay and discriminatory.

That is what is objectionable enough to fire them as a company I want to do business with, and I'm not alone.

Whatever your politics or religion, you must admit that this is going to cause a directional shift in the rivers of cash flowing in the direction of Chick-fil-A, Inc.

Does anyone know if they're traded publicly?

did he say the exact words you have quoted?

i can't find them anywhere.

perhaps you should link us to a quote when you've finished shredding the first amendment, no?

I'm paraphrasing while telling a story in an online bar.

Believe me or don't believe me, be entertained by me or just go away, I don't give a flying fuck, you can't shut me up... This is an American Bar.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Fulz4ytZ54]Toby Keith - I Love This Bar - YouTube[/ame]

i've met plenty of liars in bars and i never felt compelled to leave.

why would i now?

:dunno:

what discrimination?

the owner said he doesn't believe in gay marriage.

how does that turn into chik fil-a engaging in discriminatory business practices?

oh, wait

it doesn't

duh

Not my call. I report, you decide... if the permit decision is overturned on appeal, good luck selling sammies in Chi-town.

I mean that. I may be wrong and I'll be the only one who'll stop buying chow from Chick-fil-A, but I doubt it.

if it's not your call, why are you lying repeatedly about what he said?

:cuckoo:

I'm not 'lying about what he said', I'm discussing the mean spirited nature of what he said and the political response from D.C. and from Chicago.

If you don't think it was mean spirited and/or the political response has been appropriate, we're going to have to agree to disagree.

that's not remotely close to the words joe is putting in his mouth.

casa31.jpg

I'm not here to parrot a quote, I'm here to discuss the spirit flow of an event from 'self-righteous indignation' to 'no laws were broken' and the political ramifications.

Feel free to paraphrase the statements and the press in the discussion yourself. Just because what we write here is important doesn't mean it can't be entertaining.

let me paraphrase what you just said

"i'm here to make shit up and feel superior to some guy whose beliefs are different than mine."

funny, it's neither important nor entertaining

go figure

Not my call. I report, you decide... if the permit decision is overturned on appeal, good luck selling sammies in Chi-town.

I mean that. I may be wrong and I'll be the only one who'll stop buying chow from Chick-fil-A, but I doubt it.

I'm not 'lying about what he said', I'm discussing the mean spirited nature of what he said and the political response from D.C. and from Chicago.

If you don't think it was mean spirited and/or the political response has been appropriate, we're going to have to agree to disagree.

dude, you're making shit up and putting it in quotes.
of course you're lying :lol:

go sleep it off :thup:

Joe-I love you and all, but...WTH??

Because of the money involved, separation of state and religion hurts. Our founders took a baby step and now, thanks to the internet, it's time for another.

Please don't take my opening post as an affront on personal beliefs. I love the varied yet cohesive and communal nature of human beliefs. It's organizing politically around shared beliefs and judging each other by our various religions that makes us look stupid from space.

I didn't.
I still don't understand, at least in this case, who the politicians are that are running to this man for money?

Mean spirited? Have you seen a video of him saying what Jillian posted? Not a voice-over with a silly picture.

Chick-fil-A's biblical operating principles

Political responses by DC? :confused:

Mean spirited? Have you seen a video of him saying what Jillian posted? Not a voice-over with a silly picture.

“I think we are inviting God’s judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at Him and say, ‘We know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage,’” Cathy said on the Ken Coleman Show. “I pray God’s mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think we can try to define what marriage is all about.”

Yeah. I see that as mean spirited.

Leadership that supports that meanness of spirit include presidential candidates Mike Huckabee and Rick Santorum. Also mentioned is "conservative organizations" who're organizing support for the company.
Chick-fil-A Blocked From Opening Second Chicago Store - ABC News

“I think we are inviting God’s judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at Him and say, ‘We know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage,’” Cathy said on the Ken Coleman Show. “I pray God’s mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think we can try to define what marriage is all about.”

Leadership that supports that meanness of spirit include presidential candidates Mike Huckabee and Rick Santorum. Also mentioned is "conservative organizations" who're organizing support for the company.

mean spirited = christian

got it :thup:

Well first what is anti gay? Denying marriage doesnt mean we hate gays, just like not allowing 8 years to marry doesnt mean we hate kids, or not allowing 10 wives doesnt mean we hate muslims or mormons....If you cant tell the difference....you're stupid.

gays want to have a recognized, legally binding relationship with the people they love....Just like heterosexuals do. Marriage is just a word....why not let the churches decide whether they want to perform the ceremony? That would be the logical way of doing things....not to mention the freedom and liberty aspect.

If your church chooses to recognize it and you don't like it...change churches. My church was a United Church of Christ....until they made the announcement that they were going to recognize gay marriage....we voted to leave the UCC and go reformed. I supported the change. But....I'm not going to force my beliefs on others...That's not American.... That's Tyranny.

Does that include things like survivor / spouse and child benefits paid out of the same Social Security trust fund you contributed your tax dollars to?

No matter how 'married' a same-sex couple in this country are, Social Security Law defines marriage as between a man and a woman.

Homosexuals have a righteous bitch in my average opinion.

absolutely it should include SS. Here's my feelings on the subject. Gays work, pay taxes, follow the laws of our country and have and do serve in our military. If they are willing to contribute to our society, they should be awarded the same benefits as any other citizen...no matter who they love romantically.

That has nothing to do with religion....that has everything to do with the ideals of our country.

gays want to have a recognized, legally binding relationship with the people they love....Just like heterosexuals do. Marriage is just a word....why not let the churches decide whether they want to perform the ceremony? That would be the logical way of doing things....not to mention the freedom and liberty aspect.

If your church chooses to recognize it and you don't like it...change churches. My church was a United Church of Christ....until they made the announcement that they were going to recognize gay marriage....we voted to leave the UCC and go reformed. I supported the change. But....I'm not going to force my beliefs on others...That's not American.... That's Tyranny.

Does that include things like survivor / spouse and child benefits paid out of the same Social Security trust fund you contributed your tax dollars to?

No matter how 'married' a same-sex couple in this country are, Social Security Law defines marriage as between a man and a woman.

absolutely it should include SS. Here's my feelings on the subject. Gays work, pay taxes, follow the laws of our country and have and do serve in our military. If they are willing to contribute to our society, they should be awarded the same benefits as any other citizen...no matter who they love romantically.

That has nothing to do with religion....that has everything to do with the ideals of our country.

Then you guys need to take it up with the President.
This is a federal issue!

However beating on a privately owned, 60+ year old company, because of one man's faith is BS!
Would you feel the same if he were a Muslim?

Joe-did you WATCH the video?

Last edited:

Not necessarily, but this incident proves that it can.

Same can be said for SOME muslims, SOME Mormons, SOME Jews and SOME Wiccans.

Don't be so melodramatic in black-and-white.

Then you guys need to take it up with the President.
This is a federal issue!

However beating on a privately owned, 60+ year old company, because of one man's faith is BS!
Would you feel the same if he were a Muslim?

Joe-did you WATCH the video?

Of course I watched the video, that's why I'll never buy another sammie from C-f-A.

Not to point out the obvious, but if he were a Muslim talking about 'unapproved lifestyles' being the source of God's wrath on America, everyone would feel the same.

Well, maybe not EVERYone, but the crowd to my right would be a bit thicker.

Not necessarily, but this incident proves that it can.

Same can be said for SOME muslims, SOME Mormons, SOME Jews and SOME Wiccans.

Don't be so melodramatic in black-and-white.

own your bigotry, joe, don't be a pussy about it.

you've spent the whole thread lying about what the guy said, so grow a pair and admit your prejudiced against christians.

or be a pussy; it makes no odds to me. :thup:

I'm not prejudiced against Christians, I have a lot of friends who're Christians. I resent the political spirit behind what a particular individual said... political as evidenced by the political response from both D.C. and Chicago.

I'm not prejudiced against Christians, I have a lot of friends who're Christians. I resent the political spirit behind what a particular individual said... political as evidenced by the political response from both D.C. and Chicago.

do you lie about what your friends say, as well?

Forum List

Back