$crewing Pooches

Wow....sounds like you guys when you hear the word "social justice".

who's calling for any harm to the guy? Funny, you guys are all about personal responsibility....unless it's a billionaire...They can do or say anything they like. but let a working class stiff talk about better wages or benefits, or(gasp) unions....and you act as though someone shot your dog.

I'm just calling for people who had enough of right wing fundamentalist bullying to exercise their right to put this fucker out of business. Which is well within a consumer's right to do so....free market and all of that, ya know?

You can do whatever you want...it's a free country...but NEVER forget, those freedoms that YOU enjoy, people that you don't like share those same freedoms. well, unless assholes like this guy get their way.

ironic dimwit is dim. :lol:
I know!

You were much more concise than I was.

Thanks.

where did I say that he didn't have the right to say it? What you want is him being allowed to say it without reaction or consequence. Sorry...every action has a reaction.

do you lie about what your friends say, as well?

Nice set up... :eusa_hand: pass.

don't try to blame me for what you did.

liars gonna lie.

It's only lying from a given point of view. From every other point of view it ranges somewhere between 'artful bullshit - funny 'cause it's kind of true' and 'accurate description'.

Opinions are like nose hairs... most everyone has several.

I'm not prejudiced against Christians, I have a lot of friends who're Christians. I resent the political spirit behind what a particular individual said... political as evidenced by the political response from both D.C. and Chicago.

Do you mean the 'political spirit' of intolerance?

1 Loyola Water Tower In-Line
30 E Chicago Ave Chicago, IL 60611
0.91 miles away

1 Burlington Mall
75 Middlesex Turnpike Burlington, MA 01803
11.71 miles away

:eusa_whistle:

Chick-fil-A: Restaurant Locator

Among others.

See? We're practically on the same page, you and I.

I was thinking about this thread topic last night and thought to myself what an interesting phenomenon in contrast to another recent hot topic of giving and receiving negative reputation in a forum community... I mean, Joe here would like to neg the Chic-Fil-A business into oblivion!!! (to borrow an image from my dear ol' pal Care4all..lol) People want to use their power and influence to blow their business to smithereens, just because the business owner expressed his point of view? Jeesh!

I support gays and their right to civil marriage, but I do not think people are being fair to this family. It doesn't help that all the reactionary opportunists are now using them as a political spectacle, but the fact remains these are good people who have not actually treated anyone with discrimination, and as far as anyone has shown, conducts their business entirely properly... The whole thing smacks of tolerance hypocrisy!

Would YOU want to work for them, knowing that the chances at any given moment are, that they're looking down their noses at you while they exploit you?

And like I said from the beginning, if it had just been the business owner uttering his opinion it would be a whole different dynamic than the one we currently have, displaying the knee-jerk reaction from both the Left and the Right.

It's the politics this event is wrapped in that make it interesting.

P.S. - To those of you who pointed out the knee-jerk reaction from the Chi-town Left, thank you. I was so busy laughing at the knee-jerk reaction from the right that I completely missed that, exposing my bias in the process. Very unprofessional of me.

That's what makes the internet rock. :rock:

Forum List

Back