Crazy MA Anti-Gun Legislation, Did it pass or fail?

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2009
America's Home Town
They had the hearings on tuesday and no matter which way i bing search it I cant find an article saying if they passed or failed. Here is what was up on the table

Senate Bill 1202, sponsored by state Senator Cynthia Stone Creem (D-Newton), would make it a crime to purchase or sell to the same person more than one firearm or “large capacity weapon” in a thirty-day period. The punishment for a first offense in violation of such gun rationing for both the retailer and the purchaser would be up to a $5,000 fine and/or two-and-a-half years imprisonment.

Senate Bill 1234, sponsored by state Senator James Timilty (D-Walpole), would make it unlawful to manufacture, sell or possess a projectile or projectile core which may be used in a handgun and which is constructed entirely from one or a combination of tungsten alloys, steel, iron, brass, bronze, beryllium copper, or depleted uranium; or a full jacketed projectile larger than .22 caliber designed and intended for use in a handgun and whose jacket has a weight of more than 25 percent of the total weight of the projectile.

House Bill 665, sponsored by state Representative Timothy J. Toomey, Jr. (D-Cambridge), would require all concealed carry applicants to present a complete list of every handgun owned along with a certificate of insurance verifying that the applicant has a valid insurance policy insuring against any harm or damage that might arise out of the use of each firearm on said list. The insurance policy would need to be in the amount of at least $250,000.

House Bill 1561, sponsored by state Representative David Paul Linsky (D-Natick), would require all firearms of new manufacture to bear serial numbers permanently inscribed on a visible metal area with the serial numbers being kept on record by the manufacturer. In addition, all semi-automatic firearms would be required to micro-stamp ammunition by mechanically stamping a code that would imprint the make, model and serial number onto the cartridge case when the gun discharged.

so does anyone know about what happened yet? Anyone care to discuss how ridiculous all these laws are (or how smart if you think they are smart)

1561..... is the gun supposed to imprint a bar code in the barrel as the bullet passes through? I is confused.

Gun laws, and new suggestion for gun laws, are getting way out of hand. It's just plain nuts. My guess is one day they will make it completely legal to own a gun anywhere at any age BUT ammo is going to become strictly controlled and illegal to own.

1561..... is the gun supposed to imprint a bar code in the barrel as the bullet passes through? I is confused.

I think it imprints it on the casing, which basically forces criminals to pick up thier brass, in the event they dont know how to disable the microstamping in the first place.

You have to pass laws like this or kids will be shooting each other in the streets.

Figured I'd try my hand at the sensationilizing you hear from the anti-gun crowd :). But yes of course this legislation is nothing short of crazy.

They want something in the gun (im assuming the hammer which is TINY) to stamp all that info on every bullett!

That is just not realistic, i understand the intent but the reality is no gun manufacturer is going to make guns special like that for just one state which will mean no more guns for MA residents.

We already have the strictest gun rules in the country here, hence why most gun manufacturers wont even make guns that are legal here.

for example, our guns need a 2nd trigger safety in additoin to the normal safety. Our laws also require guns to have a "im loaded" indicator which is exclusive to my state. This is what it looks like

92416db0177e__1308928581000.jpg

3cf20018da07__1308928612000.jpg

I actually like the feature but since we are the only state that does it a lot of times gun manufacturers wont even make a version of their gun for us in this state

Last edited:
What would the Founding Fathers do? In their day, every gun fired a single shot, was muzzle loaded and hand crafted. Maybe it's time to go back to the Founding Father's ideas when they wrote the second amendment. Because if they ever saw an AK-47 or an Uzi ravish a dwelling during a drive by shooting, I'm pretty certain they would have re-thought gun control.

What would the Founding Fathers do? In their day, every gun fired a single shot, was muzzle loaded and hand crafted. Maybe it's time to go back to the Founding Father's ideas when they wrote the second amendment. Because if they ever saw an AK-47 or an Uzi ravish a dwelling during a drive by shooting, I'm pretty certain they would have re-thought gun control.

The 2nd amendment was never about the type of gun, it was about the balance between the power of the government vs. the power of the individual, and the power of local governments vs. the power of higher levels of government.

Your argument would have merit if we could magically limit criminals and those in power to the same muskets you would limit private citizens to.

The idea is to have a population that, even if it is still not armed as well as the goverment, has the ability to resist said governments tyranny if needed, or at least make said tyranny so costly as to make the tyrant reconsider his actions.

Yes, citizen militia,not national guard.
Can you imagine that whole neighborhood coming out and shooting the tires out of that car
and holding the people in that car at gun point till the cops arrived?
What a wonderful idea, to go back to a citizian militia again. :clap2:

They wanted the citizens capable of defending themselves from each other and an overreaching govt. I dont think the founders would have put any limits on this basic right to defend our life, libert, and property (hapiness).

Who knows, neither one of us can ask after all ;)

Anyone care to discuss how ridiculous all these laws are (or how smart if you think they are smart)

HUH?

Gun control is very effective......don't believe me.....ask the Mexicans.

Which ones the drug cartels with illegal assult rifles or the innocent citizens that can't defend themselves when the drug cartels want to gun them down ;)?

The imprinting they are talking about is having the semi auto wepon imprint gun info on the brass as each is ejected from the gun.

As far as gun control goes; they can have mine when they kill me.

There is no balance of power between an armed govt and an unarmed populice.

I am so glad I live in WV. Getting a gun here is pretty easy. Hand guns a little more difficult but a scatter gun does a better job at defense than any pistol.

Castle doctrine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anyone care to discuss how ridiculous all these laws are (or how smart if you think they are smart)

HUH?

Gun control is very effective......don't believe me.....ask the Mexicans.

Which ones the drug cartels with illegal assult rifles or the innocent citizens that can't defend themselves when the drug cartels want to gun them down ;)?

Stupid fascist gun grabbers can not get through their thick skulls that banning firearms will not work.

All they have to do is look at the huge "drug" supply in spite of the war against drug users.

The imprinting they are talking about is having the semi auto wepon imprint gun info on the brass as each is ejected from the gun.

I am so glad I live in WV. Getting a gun here is pretty easy. Hand guns a little more difficult but a scatter gun does a better job at defense than any pistol.

my state is wild. We are super liberal and have to jump through hoops to get a gun. But once you get a gun permit you can carry your guns but you CAN NOT DISPLAY them ever. You have to keep it concealed.

I do understand why and am glad its this way but some of my friends from other states hear me say that and are like "WTF, thats crazy"

my state is wild. We are super liberal and have to jump through hoops to get a gun. But once you get a gun permit you can carry your guns but you CAN NOT DISPLAY them ever. You have to keep it concealed.

I do understand why and am glad its this way but some of my friends from other states hear me say that and are like "WTF, thats crazy"

I can put my loaded pistol in the front seat of my truck in the open. A concealed wepon permit is easy to get. They do a felony background check, take a class, then poof permit.

We dont have 911 addresses in my county. When you call the police you have to give them directions to the house. You have to be able to defend yourself here.

In South Carolina we can keep a gun in our car without a permit. Currently, to get a carry permit I believe you have to attend a one day class. There was a bill introduced in the state legislature a few months ago to legalize permitless carry, but it stalled at some point.

Forum List

Back