Crazy MA Anti-Gun Legislation, Did it pass or fail?

Actually, you present a false dichotomy. Executing ALL the criminals who use guns is a senseless silly statement and it's not worthy of someone who wants to be taken seriously. Taking the guns from law abiding citizens is also senseless and silly.

How about this: We prohibit the sale, manufacture, importation, distribution and ownership of any weapon with a barrel length of less than six inches and a capacity of greater than six rounds. Weapons with semi or fully automatic firing systems will be similarly banned. Any person in possession of such weapons is subject to a $150,000
fine and/or two years in federal prison. Any arms manufacturer producing such weapons shall have its means of production seized and the executive officers of such a company shall be imprisoned for not less than fifty years in a federal maximum security penitentiary.

Now, if you can explain just what use such weapons have, their merits as tools loose in society, we can discuss it. But don't put up whatever hyperbole some idiot Conservative pundit says, whatever propaganda the NRA has sold you or whatever crap that just bubbles up to the top of your brain and tell me that this is the argument.

Any way you can think of to restrict the LEGAL use of hand guns and rifles. The fact that they are fun to shoot and millions of people legally pursue this hobby and never hurt anyone doesn't matter to you. Why is use a gun in a crime and get the death penalty a bad idea. I know the libs would claim it's racist, it is unfair to the poor, any thing but what it is. It's a way to stop the use of guns in crime. NO REPEAT OFFENDERS. If you use your logic you would limit all automobiles to 55 miles per hour, limit the gas in cars due to fire hazard. and generally make life generally no fun for anyone but yourself. Why don't you concentrate more on cars they have killed more innocent people than guns ever have. It seems the only group to benefit from restricting the legal ownership of weapons are the criminals by having homeowners disarmed and unable to protect themselves. Some of us take the responsibility for protecting our family's seriously. I will not depend on the state to protect me and my family.
It's fun? That's the argument? okay then.....

Most hobby's are fun. Something wrong with that?

Any way you can think of to restrict the LEGAL use of hand guns and rifles. The fact that they are fun to shoot and millions of people legally pursue this hobby and never hurt anyone doesn't matter to you. Why is use a gun in a crime and get the death penalty a bad idea. I know the libs would claim it's racist, it is unfair to the poor, any thing but what it is. It's a way to stop the use of guns in crime. NO REPEAT OFFENDERS. If you use your logic you would limit all automobiles to 55 miles per hour, limit the gas in cars due to fire hazard. and generally make life generally no fun for anyone but yourself. Why don't you concentrate more on cars they have killed more innocent people than guns ever have. It seems the only group to benefit from restricting the legal ownership of weapons are the criminals by having homeowners disarmed and unable to protect themselves. Some of us take the responsibility for protecting our family's seriously. I will not depend on the state to protect me and my family.

When I hear of a mass killing from stamp collecting or model railroading, I'll get back to you. Once someone's quilt frames cause a three year olds death or a toddler dies after playing with his daddy's loaded birdhouse collection, we'll talk.

A Democratic Congresswoman tried to have a bill passed to make it illegal for anyone on the Terrorist Watch List to purchase a gun. Not one Republican voted for it for fear of the NRA lobby. Terrorists can purchase guns, they just cannot board planes.

It seems most people on the terrorist watch list are not terrorist. Check with any airline, they'll tell how many false alarms they have. I think it's all of them so far.

When I hear of a mass killing from stamp collecting or model railroading, I'll get back to you. Once someone's quilt frames cause a three year olds death or a toddler dies after playing with his daddy's loaded birdhouse collection, we'll talk.

Man, you got some exciting hobbies. You must lead a real exciting life.

an armed citizen is the only check or balance to an armed federal govt.

Attachments

• $Thumb_Guns_1065.jpg
    $Thumb_Guns_1065.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 49
This one is really mostly worthless just on its face. Very little Total Copper Jacketed ammo has a jacket whose weight is more than 25% of the bullet weight. As for the cores.... not something I'm all that familiar with except that it would make Wolf Ammunition from Russia illegal (steel core).

Wolf Ammo is steel-cased, not steel core. Steel core ammo has been illegal to sell here for some time already.

A Democratic Congresswoman tried to have a bill passed to make it illegal for anyone on the Terrorist Watch List to purchase a gun. Not one Republican voted for it for fear of the NRA lobby. Terrorists can purchase guns, they just cannot board planes.

Rightly so.
No one knows how you get on the Terrorist Watch List. There is no way to get off the watchlist. Denying someone rights based on who knows what with no recourse and no judicial proceeding is a violation of a bunch of laws.

You do realize that for the most part that legislation would have been frivolous at best, correct? Non-US Citizens are already barred from purchasing firearms legally in the United States. Those US Citizens who are on the Watch List are often ones who already have criminal backgrounds that also already restrain them from purchasing legal firearms in the USA.

How many criminals walk into gun shops and attempt to LEGALLY purchase firearms? Very few. Most purchase them illegally though the black market, which is not going to be restrained from making sales based on laws. All that legislation would have done is to create a massive tie-up for law abiding citizens whose names happen to be similar to Watch List members to legally purchase a firearm.

Better that than allow people on the Watch List to purchase firearms. There is no good reason for the Republicans not to vote for such a bill, except fear of the NRA lobby.

You do realize that for the most part that legislation would have been frivolous at best, correct? Non-US Citizens are already barred from purchasing firearms legally in the United States. Those US Citizens who are on the Watch List are often ones who already have criminal backgrounds that also already restrain them from purchasing legal firearms in the USA.

How many criminals walk into gun shops and attempt to LEGALLY purchase firearms? Very few. Most purchase them illegally though the black market, which is not going to be restrained from making sales based on laws. All that legislation would have done is to create a massive tie-up for law abiding citizens whose names happen to be similar to Watch List members to legally purchase a firearm.

Non-US citizens may purchase firearms. In some states they can even get carry permits. No one knows how you get on the list or off it. Thus denying a purchase is denying rights without judicial proceeding.

Rightly so.
No one knows how you get on the Terrorist Watch List. There is no way to get off the watchlist. Denying someone rights based on who knows what with no recourse and no judicial proceeding is a violation of a bunch of laws.

This does not stop them from denying people on the watch list to fly.

Rightly so.

The two are not comparable.
Any other objections?

Rightly so.

Any other objections?

Of course they are not comparable, if you are on the watch list you certainly should not be able to buy a gun. Flying, I am not sure, you are denying someones rights based on who knows what with no recourse and no judicial proceeding. No one knows how you get on the Terrorist watch List. There is no way to get off.

Any other objections?

Of course they are not comparable, if you are on the watch list you certainly should not be able to buy a gun. Flying, I am not sure, you are denying someones rights based on who knows what with no recourse and no judicial proceeding. No one knows how you get on the Terrorist watch List. There is no way to get off.

Why not? Have they been proven guilty of anything? What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Better that than allow people on the Watch List to purchase firearms. There is no good reason for the Republicans not to vote for such a bill, except fear of the NRA lobby.
Well only violation of constitutional rights.

What would the Founding Fathers do? In their day, every gun fired a single shot, was muzzle loaded and hand crafted. Maybe it's time to go back to the Founding Father's ideas when they wrote the second amendment. Because if they ever saw an AK-47 or an Uzi ravish a dwelling during a drive by shooting, I'm pretty certain they would have re-thought gun control.

Or maybe they would just enforce the laws we now have. Got a problem with drive by's. Just execute a few drive by shooters and your problem will go away. If it doesn't go away execute a few more. Eventually you'll get them all.

Sure. Because hanging stopped all the cattle wrestling. Because firing squads stopped all the deserters in every army in every war. Because electrocutions have stopped all the murders and rapes and kidnappings. Think before you venture out into the deep end.

Who the fuck was wrestling cattle?

Any other objections?

What offense have you committed that you "certainly should not be able to buy a gun?"

Or maybe they would just enforce the laws we now have. Got a problem with drive by's. Just execute a few drive by shooters and your problem will go away. If it doesn't go away execute a few more. Eventually you'll get them all.

Sure. Because hanging stopped all the cattle wrestling. Because firing squads stopped all the deserters in every army in every war. Because electrocutions have stopped all the murders and rapes and kidnappings. Think before you venture out into the deep end.

Who the fuck was wrestling cattle?

It's the next phase after cow tipping.

This one is really mostly worthless just on its face. Very little Total Copper Jacketed ammo has a jacket whose weight is more than 25% of the bullet weight. As for the cores.... not something I'm all that familiar with except that it would make Wolf Ammunition from Russia illegal (steel core).

Wolf Ammo is steel-cased, not steel core. Steel core ammo has been illegal to sell here for some time already.

7.62 x 54mmR russian surplus is steel core. you can buy it here but you can't use it at any ranges i know.

7.62 x 54mmR russian surplus is steel core. you can buy it here but you can't use it at any ranges i know.

But that's not Wolf.
I haven't seen any.

Forum List

Back