How can anyone be optimistic about The USA's chances in 2012?

uscitizen

May 6, 2007
My Shack
I mean we have no great future leaders in the wings.
Jobs will still suck.
The debt will be more massive than it is now.
Healthcare needs will still not be met.
We will still be in Iraq, etc.
Terrorism will still be an issue.

And that is my optimistic view.

Jobs will still suck.

Well, lets see.

The majority of people will have a roof over thier head, a job, access to entertainment and cultural items. They will not have to go out every day to forage for or kill thier next meal.

Thier mail will arrive, thier computers will work. They will be stuck attending the wedding of a cousin they cannot stand. Thier dog will get fleas and need a bath.

The world will still rotate, bunnies will still hop through the fields. The Mets will still suck while Yankee fans enjoy the smell of thier own farts...

Life goes on. (Unless we get hit by a comet, in that case we are hosed)

I think the fact we don't have a leader with a messiah complex will be a huge step forward in itself.

2012 looks very much a meh.

But I feel a great deal more confident about 2013

Yup, the 21st century is certainly turning out to be a real bust.

And there's so much of it left.

If we are lucky enough to gain the senate and the potus then I think businesses will have a much less bleak outlook on things and slowly begin to rebuild our foundation. Repeal obamacace and a mix of other regulations that have hurt business and it can only go one way. This way obviously isn't working. And don't give me that Bush did it already crap because I believe congress heard us loud and clear in 2010 in fact if not for the high oil prices during Bushes term I think we may have seen better times then.
Stop the spending, make real cuts and address our messed up tax system and were off to a good start.

Jobs will still suck.

Fortunately (for everyone), there are no real psychics.

Things happen....things Change.

EVERYTHING is temporary.​

Jobs will still suck.

Government interference impedes economic progress..

Ron Paul is the only candidate right now that can and will actually fix the plethora of problems we have today, both socially and economically.

Jobs will still suck.

Ron Paul is the only candidate right now that can and will actually fix the plethora of problems we have today, both socially and economically.

I'm not counting on Ron Paul to fix the economic and social problems we have, but we are much better off than other countries. What we need is a leader who will actually do what he promises, is strong enough to face the opposition without caving and making stupid choices to try to boost his popularity, and who can work with the government to actually get things done.

I can easily be optimistic. My positive outlook isnt dependent upon politicians. What made our nation great isnt our leaders, but the people. And I believe the people are starting to awaken.

If we are lucky enough to gain the senate and the potus then I think businesses will have a much less bleak outlook on things and slowly begin to rebuild our foundation.
Ah, yes......as-long-as "The Game" is fixed....in those gutless-fucks' favor, maybe then they'll start taking some calculated-risks.

Sorry, pal.....they're not OWED a 110% GUARANTEE of MAXIMUM-PROFITS....short-term....they way THEY prefer.....

Jobs will still suck.

Spoken like a true pessimist.

Jobs will still suck.

Yeah....right.....the Government is forcing companies to sit on their piles o' ca$h!!!

Life is real short. Most just don't realize they wont be around all that long. Just try and enjoy your short time here on Planet Earth. It really does go by very fast. Live your life to the fullest. Don't get too caught up worrying about the U.S.A.'s chances. The U.S.A. will be fine. Get out there today and make it as good a day as possible. That's all one can really do.

We need to stop voting for these globalists who are pimped be the corporate media.

We need to stop voting for these globalists who are pimped be the corporate media.

More like the governments pimps corporations.....

Look at GE and Obama, or Boeing for that matter...

They've been promised survival if they play ball if their plans of an authoritarian government were to succeed.

Then you got their rivals er competitors that are being regulated and taxed out of business because they're not for the take...

Its not all corporations....

Jobs will still suck.

"How can anyone be optimistic about The USA's chances in 2012?"

B/c it beats being pessimistic.

Once you go from being optimistic into realistic you must gird yourslef from becoming a pessimsit. B/c once that happens, you've quit.

And quit is a Four letter word.

I forgot about the mobile work force for the 21st century.
Migrant farmers and contractors?
Or move overseas for work?

Who else remembers that crapola?

Forum List

Back