Crazy MA Anti-Gun Legislation, Did it pass or fail?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by PLYMCO_PILGRIM, Jun 24, 2011.

1. PLYMCO_PILGRIM

PLYMCO_PILGRIM Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,863
    They had the hearings on tuesday and no matter which way i bing search it I cant find an article saying if they passed or failed. Here is what was up on the table

Senate Bill 1202, sponsored by state Senator Cynthia Stone Creem (D-Newton), would make it a crime to purchase or sell to the same person more than one firearm or “large capacity weapon” in a thirty-day period. The punishment for a first offense in violation of such gun rationing for both the retailer and the purchaser would be up to a $5,000 fine and/or two-and-a-half years imprisonment.

Senate Bill 1234, sponsored by state Senator James Timilty (D-Walpole), would make it unlawful to manufacture, sell or possess a projectile or projectile core which may be used in a handgun and which is constructed entirely from one or a combination of tungsten alloys, steel, iron, brass, bronze, beryllium copper, or depleted uranium; or a full jacketed projectile larger than .22 caliber designed and intended for use in a handgun and whose jacket has a weight of more than 25 percent of the total weight of the projectile.

House Bill 665, sponsored by state Representative Timothy J. Toomey, Jr. (D-Cambridge), would require all concealed carry applicants to present a complete list of every handgun owned along with a certificate of insurance verifying that the applicant has a valid insurance policy insuring against any harm or damage that might arise out of the use of each firearm on said list. The insurance policy would need to be in the amount of at least $250,000.

House Bill 1561, sponsored by state Representative David Paul Linsky (D-Natick), would require all firearms of new manufacture to bear serial numbers permanently inscribed on a visible metal area with the serial numbers being kept on record by the manufacturer. In addition, all semi-automatic firearms would be required to micro-stamp ammunition by mechanically stamping a code that would imprint the make, model and serial number onto the cartridge case when the gun discharged.

so does anyone know about what happened yet? Anyone care to discuss how ridiculous all these laws are (or how smart if you think they are smart)

2. Baruch Menachem

Baruch Menachem '

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,305
    1561..... is the gun supposed to imprint a bar code in the barrel as the bullet passes through? I is confused.

3. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,726
    Gun laws, and new suggestion for gun laws, are getting way out of hand. It's just plain nuts. My guess is one day they will make it completely legal to own a gun anywhere at any age BUT ammo is going to become strictly controlled and illegal to own.

4. martybegan

martybegan Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,032
    I think it imprints it on the casing, which basically forces criminals to pick up thier brass, in the event they dont know how to disable the microstamping in the first place.

5. Dr.Drock

Dr.Drock Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +940
    You have to pass laws like this or kids will be shooting each other in the streets.

Figured I'd try my hand at the sensationilizing you hear from the anti-gun crowd :). But yes of course this legislation is nothing short of crazy.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,863
    They want something in the gun (im assuming the hammer which is TINY) to stamp all that info on every bullett!

That is just not realistic, i understand the intent but the reality is no gun manufacturer is going to make guns special like that for just one state which will mean no more guns for MA residents.

We already have the strictest gun rules in the country here, hence why most gun manufacturers wont even make guns that are legal here.

for example, our guns need a 2nd trigger safety in additoin to the normal safety. Our laws also require guns to have a "im loaded" indicator which is exclusive to my state. This is what it looks like

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I actually like the feature but since we are the only state that does it a lot of times gun manufacturers wont even make a version of their gun for us in this state

Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
  7. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
    Massachusetts? Who cares?

:tongue:

8. PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,863
    :up_yours:

:)

9. Nosmo King

Nosmo King Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,327
    What would the Founding Fathers do? In their day, every gun fired a single shot, was muzzle loaded and hand crafted. Maybe it's time to go back to the Founding Father's ideas when they wrote the second amendment. Because if they ever saw an AK-47 or an Uzi ravish a dwelling during a drive by shooting, I'm pretty certain they would have re-thought gun control.

10. martybegan

martybegan Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,032
    The 2nd amendment was never about the type of gun, it was about the balance between the power of the government vs. the power of the individual, and the power of local governments vs. the power of higher levels of government.

Your argument would have merit if we could magically limit criminals and those in power to the same muskets you would limit private citizens to.

The idea is to have a population that, even if it is still not armed as well as the goverment, has the ability to resist said governments tyranny if needed, or at least make said tyranny so costly as to make the tyrant reconsider his actions.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3