Cows absolved of causing global warming with nitrous oxide

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
Cows absolved of causing global warming with nitrous oxide - Telegraph

Did it ever occur to these eggheads that God is in control and he didn't create an animal that is going to destroy the earth?

Maybe it's WE that don't know enough and in our egotism and hubris WE think we can control the environment or destroy it, and time and time again, we turn out to be wrong. :cuckoo:

Have a steak for dinner tonight folks, the earth is just fine.

The raising of animals as a source of nitrious oxide involves the use of intensive livestock farming, not the traditional grazing. Here is an article on that.

Nitrous oxide sources - Atmosphere

Nitrous oxide Sources - Atmosphere
The atmosphere acts as a source for nitrous oxide through the oxidation of ammonia (NH3). In total, atmospheric ammonia oxidation is thought to be responsible for about 600 thousand tonnes of atmospheric nitrous oxide-N each year.

The primary sources of atmospheric ammonia are man-made, with the largest increases in emissions in recent decades being due to increased global livestock farming.

Ammonia is emitted from both solid and liquid livestock waste and can also induce nitrous oxide production in soils by deposition after its initial release. Plumes of ammonia can often be detected arising from intensive livestock rearing facilities, such as poultry and pig farms

Did it ever occur to these eggheads that God is in control and he didn't create an animal that is going to destroy the earth?

umm isn't he supposed to have created the human animal?

he didn't create an animal that is going to destroy the earth?
--------------------------------------

Glad to hear you can see into the future, because he created an animal that COULD destroy the earth several times over. Considering the power in all the world's nuclear arsenals, I think it's foolish to say we couldn't possibly destroy the world in another way!

Look do you know how old I am?

I have lived though predictions the bomb was going to destroy us.

DDT was going to destroy us.

Pollution was going to destroy us.

An Ice Age was going to destroy us

Global Warming was going to destroy us.

And you know what????? The earth is just fine.

The only thing that was destroyed is the egg head predictions. What cracks me up is how often these people have been wrong, and YET there are people dumb enough to still believe them.

Sure, I used to believe all their predictions, when I was in grade school, but you know what. I realized they were always WRONG in their predictions, so I stopped believing them.

You either learn or you remain forever gullible. These "experts" make their money on the gullible.

When the Exxon Valdees ran aground they predicted the area around it would be ruined for decades.

Instead the fisheriers had a bumper salmon harvest the very next year.

We can't destroy this planet. Oh sure we can affect it. But the earth comes back.

It comes back after natural and human made disasters.

And as far as human's being animals, you envirowackos are going to have to make up your non minds.

Either we are just animals and thus anything we do is part of evolution (so if we destroy a species that's just evolution and there is nothing you an do about it)

Or we are THE intelligent species and God put the earth under our dominion and thus we are shepards of this planet.

But you can't have it both ways, demanding we be shepards of the planet one minute and that we are only animals the next.

It's a double standard that just doesn't wash.

(That's what you can expect from a "tea bagger." Reason and intelligence to counter your "arguments" which amounted to nothing but boilerplate from the same people who have been found to be lying, and then just empty name calling.)

Last edited:
I am old too teaparty and yes we made it thru all of that.
However our lives are not even a fraction of a tick on the clock in earth time.

I live right where the shore of an ancient inland sea once was.
There is an area of Mammoth bones just up the road a ways.
All of this in undeniable, and yet hard to really grasp.

There are gravel quarries down the road that dig up the ancient skeletons of billions upon billions of small dead sea creatures that took at least milliions of years to accumulate in the bottom of the ancient sea. We crush these rememants to spread upon our roads.

Last edited:
Plus, it's all persective.

When I lived in Los Angeles in the early 70s, my father (who had lived in Los Angeles during WWII, long story there) remarked how clean the air was since he was a kid.

Now I was shocked. We having moved from Oklahoma were the air was much cleaner, I though the smog that constantly hung over LA quite dirty.

But my father explained that orange growers would put smelting pots around their trees to protect them from "winter" frost and the air would be just black around Los Angeles.

What seemed so dirty to me, was to my father very clean.

Plus, I have asthma. Despite the air being much "cleaner" of smog in OK, I had far worse asthma problems in OK than in Los Angeles.

Same happened when I moved to Ohio in 1976. Despite Ohio having much better air quality, my asthma became far worse.

I had more to worry about from mother nature's pollen than I did from man man smog.

I'm the canary in the coal mine with my asthma. Trust me, the air in Los Angeles is just fine. And when I lived in Los Angeles the oil refineries, that used to operate constantly, were pouring smoke into the air continually. Never bothered me.

Trust me people. The earth is just fine and so is the air.

You guys have to separate just pure common sense and real science from people who are profiting from junk science and environmental hysteria.

What has become more than obvious is science and environmental hysteria is what motivates the "consensus" of scientists backing global warming.

And if you follow the money, you realize why they lied about it for so long.

How much money has Al Gore made on this lie?

There are gravel quarries down the road that dig up the ancient skeletons of billions upon billions of small dead sea creatures that took at least milliions of years to accumulate in the bottom of the ancient sea. We crush these rememants to spread upon our roads.

Yeah well, what does that tell you?

NONE OF THAT HAPPENED BECAUSE OF MAN. You can look at the obvious and you don't get it.

All this happened and the planet IS JUST FINE. IT'S GOING LIKE GANG BUSTERS.

Did global warming kill the mammoth? Probably, but if it did, you certainly can't blame man for it. The mammoth lived 10,000 years ago. That's a bit before the industrial revolution, don't you think?

And that only leads to the conclusion global warming is part of the cyclical nature of this planet, and we have nothing to do with it.

Sun spots, ocean currents, stuff like that. That's what determins our climate. Not whether or not you fire up the barbecue at night, or you and I breathe carbon dioxide.

Do you get it now?

:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

NONE OF THAT HAPPENED BECAUSE OF MAN. You can look at the obvious and you don't get it.

Did global warming kill the mammoth? Probably, but if it did, you certainly can't blame man for it, and that only leads to the conclusion global warming is part of the cyclical nature of this planet, and we have nothing to do with it.

Sun spots, ocean currents, stuff like that. That's what determins our climate. Not whether or not you fire up the barbecue at night, or you and I breathe carbon dioxide.

Do you get it now?

What I get is that in the over all scheme of the earth, it does not care if these transitory mites called humans drive themselves to extinction or not, time will heal the wounds after mans passing and something else will arise.

Man will not destroy the earth, man can only destroy man.

Look do you know how old I am?

I have lived though predictions the bomb was going to destroy us.

DDT was going to destroy us.

Pollution was going to destroy us.

An Ice Age was going to destroy us

Global Warming was going to destroy us.

And you know what????? The earth is just fine.

The only thing that was destroyed is the egg head predictions. What cracks me up is how often these people have been wrong, and YET there are people dumb enough to still believe them.

Sure, I used to believe all their predictions, when I was in grade school, but you know what. I realized they were always WRONG in their predictions, so I stopped believing them.

You either learn or you remain forever gullible. These "experts" make their money on the gullible.

When the Exxon Valdees ran aground they predicted the area around it would be ruined for decades.

Instead the fisheriers had a bumper salmon harvest the very next year.

We can't destroy this planet. Oh sure we can affect it. But the earth comes back.

It comes back after natural and human made disasters.

And as far as human's being animals, you envirowackos are going to have to make up your non minds.

Either we are just animals and thus anything we do is part of evolution (so if we destroy a species that's just evolution and there is nothing you an do about it)

Or we are THE intelligent species and God put the earth under our dominion and thus we are shepards of this planet.

But you can't have it both ways, demanding we be shepards of the planet one minute and that we are only animals the next.

It's a double standard that just doesn't wash.

(That's what you can expect from a "tea bagger." Reason and intelligence to counter your "arguments" which amounted to nothing but boilerplate from the same people who have been found to be lying, and then just empty name calling.)

Old Rocks has made a lot of egghead predictions, and none have come to pass.....go figure.
I'm still waiting for your swine flu pandemic old rocks. :lol:

The raising of animals as a source of nitrious oxide involves the use of intensive livestock farming, not the traditional grazing.

Indeed Old Rocks. Even the article at in the first post says the same:

The research will reignite the argument over whether to eat red meat after other studies suggested that grass fed cattle in the UK and US can also be good for the environment as long as the animals are free range.

But Dr Butterbach-Bahl pointed out that the study did not take into account the methane produced by the livestock or the carbon dioxide produced if soil erodes. He also pointed out that much of the red meat eaten in the western world if from intensively farmed animals in southern countries.

He said the study does not overturn the case for cutting down on red meat but shows grazing livestock is not always bad for global warming.

How much meat consumed in the US is free range?

Did global warming kill the mammoth? Probably, but if it did, you certainly can't blame man for it, and that only leads to the conclusion global warming is part of the cyclical nature of this planet, and we have nothing to do with it.

Do you get it now?

What I get is that in the over all scheme of the earth, it does not care if these transitory mites called humans drive themselves to extinction or not, time will heal the wounds after mans passing and something else will arise.

Man will not destroy the earth, man can only destroy man.

And man has survived all the warnings of catastrophe that "experts" have made for man.

You know what. At the turn of the last century (that means 1900s) there was a warning about climate change. :lol:

You think these warnings are new. Experts once said that we couldn't possible make an automobile that went over 60 mph because if we didn't, we wouldn't be able to breathe. :lol:

Guess what? We are doing JUST FINE.

And we will do just fine long after people are laughing about the kooks who followed Al Gore and his pack of lies.

:lol:

The raising of animals as a source of nitrious oxide involves the use of intensive livestock farming, not the traditional grazing.

Indeed Old Rocks. Even the article at in the first post says the same:

The research will reignite the argument over whether to eat red meat after other studies suggested that grass fed cattle in the UK and US can also be good for the environment as long as the animals are free range.

But Dr Butterbach-Bahl pointed out that the study did not take into account the methane produced by the livestock or the carbon dioxide produced if soil erodes. He also pointed out that much of the red meat eaten in the western world if from intensively farmed animals in southern countries.

He said the study does not overturn the case for cutting down on red meat but shows grazing livestock is not always bad for global warming.

How much meat consumed in the US is free range?

How much meat has this country eaten in the last 230 years and the climate is just fine?

:lol:

Does this mean I can stop mixing Bean-O into our cow's feed now? I haven't heard a cow fart in a long long time.

Humans are the only predators that are a danger to humans.

Oh really?

You didn't hear about the jogger (last month) in Alaska that was found to have been eaten by wolves?

The Polar Bear populations has exploded so much they have carry rifles with then (in Alaska) because a Polar Bear will eat you as soon as eat a seal.

Looks like mother nature is still a danger.

Which BTW, runs counter to the lie that "global warming" is depleting the Polar Bear. Quite the contrary, the population has gone up.

Does this mean I can stop mixing Bean-O into our cow's feed now? I haven't heard a cow fart in a long long time.

You have to wonder. We have had animals farting in the woods for more than 10,000 years. But suddenly it's a danger?

You KNOW that one is a load of BS (pun intended) from Vegetarian Stalinists who want to guilt us into become Vegetarians ourselves.

Piss 'em off and have a steak for dinner. ;)

Humans are the only predators that are a danger to humans.

Oh really?

You didn't hear about the jogger (last month) in Alaska that was found to have been eaten by wolves?

The Polar Bear populations has exploded so much they have carry rifles with then (in Alaska) because a Polar Bear will eat you as soon as eat a seal.

Looks like mother nature is still a danger.

Which BTW, runs counter to the lie that "global warming" is depleting the Polar Bear. Quite the contrary, the population has gone up.

What the Experts Say - Polar Bears International

Polar bears in recent decades

Papers on polar bear populations AGW Observer

Forum List

Back