Covenant Marriage

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
Covenant marriage is a legally distinct kind of marriage in three states (Arizona, Arkansas, and Louisiana) of the United States, in which the marrying spouses agree to obtain pre-marital counseling and accept more limited grounds for later seeking divorce (the least strict of which being that the couple lives apart from each other for two years). Louisiana became the first state to pass a covenant marriage law in 1997;[1][2] shortly afterwards, Arkansas[3] and Arizona[4] followed suit. Since its inception, very few couples in those states have married under covenant marriage law.[citation needed]

Usually the man leads to felonious assault, the man is usually committing adultery.
I have nothing to forgive husband for, we've been married 36 years. Forgiveness is one most crucial, but I don't think Johnson knows anything about it. If only I could have my husband to quit smoking. All republican states.

Last edited:
FWIW, the culture promulgates a silly, immature, impractical view of "love and marriage," which is why it often fails. People go searching for their "soul-mate" with the sophomoric belief that if they find him/her, their married life will be filled with bliss, and the euphoria that accompanies initial contacts with said soul-mate will go on forever. Worse, they "settle for" someone who is manifestly NOT their soul-mate and live a life of perpetual disappointment.

It is all nonsense.

Marital love, like Christian love, is not an emotion; it is a commitment that fosters a lifetime of mutual respect, honor, and consideration, while the emotional euphoria comes and goes. But the commitment does not.

Maybe the promoters of "covenant marriage" were thinking along these lines.

FWIW, the culture promulgates a silly, immature, impractical view of "love and marriage," which is why it often fails. People go searching for their "soul-mate" with the sophomoric belief that if they find him/her, their married life will be filled with bliss, and the euphoria that accompanies initial contacts with said soul-mate will go on forever. Worse, they "settle for" someone who is manifestly NOT their soul-mate and live a life of perpetual disappointment.

It is all nonsense.

Marital love, like Christian love, is not an emotion; it is a commitment that fosters a lifetime of mutual respect, honor, and consideration, while the emotional euphoria comes and goes. But the commitment does not.

Maybe the promoters of "covenant marriage" were thinking along these lines.
The men have adulteries more than a women.

the state should be completely out of marriage.
Every time someone says that, I always ask them questions like: how that would actually work in the real world ?; what is the point and who supports it and why?; Who determines who is able to marry who?; What legal benefits and protections , if any, would there still be for marriage? It is always clear to me that they have not really thought much about it

Every time someone says that, I always ask them questions like how that would actually work in the real world; what is the point and who supports it and why? Who determines who is able to marry who?; What legal benefits and protections , if any, would there still be for marriage? It is always clear to me that they have not really thought much about it

No special benefits. It's none of the governments business. You got married for the legal benefits? I didn't.

Forum List

Back