Covenant Marriage

Me. Because I do not believe I should have to get the state's permission to marry.
You don't. Marriage is a right available to all. The marriage license is just to ensure that the marriage meets age of consent requirements, is not coerced, and that you are not marrying your daughter of mother. Other than that, they can't forbid you from marrying

Than what would marriage look like without governement involvment? How exactly do they get married? What are the legal bonds and obligations? You said that there should be no government benefits. Then what will there be. What are the incentives ? You seem to be fumbling around here

People were married all through history without the governments permission.

You're you're cool with old men marrying teenages, as long it is consentual....? Or did you forget that minors can't consent

They can't. How about asking me about marrying your horse? Consenting adults. I shouldn't have to point this out.

But to note, what you point out has been somewhat common in times past.

Marriage is really just an ancient wealth transfer vehicle. Back in the day all married men of any pedigree had mistresses in addition to their wives. Today's marriage institution is but a mere shell of its former self. Don't think I am disrespecting the institution of marriage. I am certainly not. It has its purpose, legally and socially and as a union blessed by God.

That does not answer the question or address the issue. That was then and this is now. Girls were married off in private family arrangements. Try going back to that now. Good luck. There were different expectations. Marriage has evolved and is inextricably intertwined with government and the legal system. You're still not explaining what you're pushing to poppycock ? Is it about an appeal to tradition.? Hatred of govenment?

Marriage is really just an ancient wealth transfer vehicle.

Largely during many times in history.

Back in the day all married men of any pedigree had mistresses in addition to their wives. Today's marriage institution is but a mere shell of its former self. Don't think I am disrespecting the institution of marriage. I am certainly not. It has its purpose, legally and socially and as a union blessed by God.

In this day it's quite common also.

They can't. How about asking me about marrying your horse? Consenting adults. I shouldn't have to point this out.

But to note, what you point out has been somewhat common in times past.
They can't?? See what would happen if not for goverment oversight. I am not interested in times past. This is now and it is what it is . You're just being rediculous

That does not answer the question or address the issue. That was then and this is now. Girls were married off in private family arrangements. Try going back to that now. Good luck. There were different expectations. Marriage has evolved and is inextricably intertwined with government and the legal system. You're still not explaining what you're pushing to poppycock ? Is it about an appeal to tradition.? Hatred of govenment?

I simply do not believe it's any of the government business who consenting adults marry.

I can only write words, I can't get you to understand them.
Good grief! I understand that you do not want to marry because you have some strange ideas about , and disdain for government. Beyond that, you're right , I do not understand. Yes you can write words, but they are not in any coherent form. I don't understand because you are not making a lick of sense, You clearly said that you want to do away with marriage as we know it-no state sanctioned marriage, right? Now, try to stay with me. YOU then denied that you said that people should not get married but have been unabe to explain how they would get married in the absence of the system that we have.

Furthermore , the only reason that you've given for opposing state sanctioned marriage is that you do not want to have to get permission from the government to get married. I explained that marriage is a right and that you are not getting permission to marry. In addition, your views about the government's role in marriage are generally not shared by most others, while no one is forcing you to marry, yet you just want to abolish it. You are not exactly making a coject or well organized argument here.

It's clear that you have no idea about how you would go about dismanling the marriage system as we know it, why you want to do that, what the actual end result would be or waht unintended consequences would manifest.

Last edited:
Good grief! I understand that you do not want to marry because you have some strange ideas about , and disdain for government.

I'm married.

Beyond that, you're right , I do not understand. Yes you can write words, but they are not in any coherent form. I don't understand because you are not making a lick of sense, You clearly said that you want to do away with marriage as we know it-no state sanctioned marriage, right? Now, try to stay with me. YOU then denied that you said that people should not get married but have been unabe to explain how they would get married in the absence of the system that we have.

I did. Sorry, you can't grasp the obvious. Nothing changes other than the government being involved.

Furthermore , the only reason that you've given for opposing state sanctioned marriage is that you do not want to have to get permission from the government to get married. I explained that marriage is a right and that you are not getting permission to marry. In addition, your views about the government's role in marriage are generally not shared by most others, while no one is forcing you to marry, yet you just want to abolish it. You are not exactly making a coject or well organized argument here.

I have no belief we will do as I prefer. I simply stated what I would prefer.

It's clear that you have no idea about how you would go about dismanling the marriage system as we know it, why you want to do that, what the actual end result would be or waht unintended consequences would manifest.

If you say so.

I did. Sorry, you can't grasp the obvious. Nothing changes other than the government being involved.
Really, Nothing changes? You said that there woud be no benefits for marriage without government involvement, Now "nothing changes" ? How does that work? Never mind. You don't know. You just kep digging yourself into a deeper and deeper hole here . You're justt a mess

Really, Nothing changes? You said that there woud be no benefits for marriage without government involvement, Now "nothing changes" ?

I don't have any idea why people (you) want to completely misquote me all the time. I never said there was no benefits to marriage. I said the government shouldn't be involved.

Forum List

Back