Court says Electoral College Electors not Bound by Popular Vote

Well, actually, if memory serves me correctly, the court might just be right. I haven't done any reading on this issue in a long time, but I seem to recall that the Electoral College electors are not bound by their state's election, popular or legislative. Now, that said, it has been a long-standing tradition that electors vote the way their state votes.

I sure hope this ruling sticks. Haven't looked into the individual state laws recently passed by several states regarding a national popular vote, but if their methodology is through bound electors this ruling puts an end to that business.

The Dems who are pushing for the change don’t understand the ramifications if it were to occur (or maybe they do) :the people of NY and CA would essentially pick the president, and candidates would focus all attention on those two states. The people in Middle America would be of no interest to the president, and their needs and Interests would be ignored.

We would essentially become The Two States of America, where federal dollars - collected of course from people in all 50 states - would be allocated to NY and CA. We would essentially be slaves to the progressives of Coasts, paying taxes to get more progressive policies in place.

We would essentially become The Two States of America, where federal dollars - collected of course from people in all 50 states - would be allocated to NY and CA. We would essentially be slaves to the progressives of Coasts, paying taxes to get more progressive policies in place.
Hoho, as opposed to the current system where federal dollars collected from California and New York are allocated to the rest of America.

Forum List

Back