Couple vacation ideas?

New Orleans, hands down. If you want to hear amazing music in a laid back atmosphere than I suggest the Krazy Korner.
I have always wanted to go there. The culture is undeniable. However, I just don't know if I want to spend a week there. Maybe a couple days and go somewhere else?

If you do not mind driving then drive over to Texas, and head to San Antonio. It is a days drive but worth it to me.

What exactly do you and the wife like to do?
You cant beat N.O. for partying and food.
Experience different things. Partying and food as well. lol

Start in NO, then make a slow trip across the Gulf to Florida and the Keys.

Check Google, see what sites there are to see on the way.

an don faget ta get sum jambalaya, an gumbo wile ya dere

Agree with New Orleans. Great music, food and history. Eat and party at night and sightsee during the day--a.k.a. walking off your hangover.

WW2 Museum.
Steamboat Natchez dinner and day jazz cruise.
(If you're a steam nut, the engine room is a must see).
Avery Island tour (Will eat up most of the day).
French Market.
Lafayette Square.
Streetcar tour.
Chalmette Battlefield (Battle of New Orleans)

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

New Orleans, hands down. If you want to hear amazing music in a laid back atmosphere than I suggest the Krazy Korner.
I have always wanted to go there. The culture is undeniable. However, I just don't know if I want to spend a week there. Maybe a couple days and go somewhere else?

If you do not mind driving then drive over to Texas, and head to San Antonio. It is a days drive but worth it to me.
That was the most beautiful city! I went there a few years ago for work. I stayed in that hotel, marriot I think, that was built into the mall right on the river walk. NICE!
And the Latinas? Fogetaboutit :)

Rent a beach house. You can get a house/condo/villa on a beach for less than you'd think, you stock your food/booze and it's really not that bad. Split it with another couple or even a larger group and it's outright cheap relative to hotels/resorts.

We also churn airline miles cards so we fly for nothing, which knocks it down further.

If you're going to NO you could look into this option also.

I've rented houses/villas/condos all over the planet and am heading to Green Turtle Cay Bahamas in ~30 days and doing exactly this. Only way to roll, far as I'm concerned.

Savannah, Georgia is worth a mention. The wife loves it--is always talking about going back. The River Street Inn is a great location. Like N.O., great food, music and history. Party at night and sightsee during the day.

And don't bother looking for the Forrest Gump bus stop bench at Chippewa Square. It was a prop installed for the movie then removed it when the shoot was finished. (I think it's now in a local theatre museum).

forrest-4.jpg

Rent a beach house. You can get a house/condo/villa on a beach for less than you'd think, you stock your food/booze and it's really not that bad. Split it with another couple or even a larger group and it's outright cheap relative to hotels/resorts.

We also churn airline miles cards so we fly for nothing, which knocks it down further.

If you're going to NO you could look into this option also.

I've rented houses/villas/condos all over the planet and am heading to Green Turtle Cay Bahamas in ~30 days and doing exactly this. Only way to roll, far as I'm concerned.
We rented a condo in gulf shores last year. Yes, that is the cheapest way to go. Hell, you can even negotiate with them through e-mail. Its great lol

Savannah, Georgia is worth a mention. The wife loves it--is always talking about going back. The River Street Inn is a great location. Like N.O., great food, music and history. Party at night and sightsee during the day.

And don't bother looking for the Forrest Gump bus stop bench at Chippewa Square. It was a prop installed for the movie then removed it when the shoot was finished. (I think it's now in a local theatre museum).

forrest-4.jpg
Savannah usually comes up when we are discussing trips. We both want to go there bad. IDK why it always seems to never happen. Hopefully soon!

I think we have about decided on a cruise porting in NO. We will stay a night or two in the city, then port and go. OR do it when we get back.

Savannah usually comes up when we are discussing trips. We both want to go there bad.

If you start to put a Savannah trip together, PM me. If you like history, you'll love it. The river front is a blast. The city is up on a bluff overlooking the river. At the far eastern part of the bluff, there's a small park with a flagstaff, an anchor, a tall gas light and a historical marker. I bet you'll be surprised as I was at the nationality of the warship that sailed up the river and shelled the city. I won't spoil it for you.

As weird as it sounds, the cemetery tours are interesting. At one, there's a Revolutionary War Continental officer buried within a stone's throw of a Revolutionary War British officer. There are many markers along the cemetery walls for sailors lost at sea. How many were lost at sea and how many just chose not to come home will remain an eternal speculation.

Go get'ya some sweet ice tea with your shrimp-n-grits!

savannah-riverwalk-stronglikemycoffee-com.jpg

I've wanted to visit Savannah since I read Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil.

Forum List

Back