Could we have....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard-H

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2008
Could we have a thumbs down rating?

Everybody seems to use the 'Funny' rating to show disapproval, but that isn't the right way.

People may think something is funny, but not agree with it.

We should have a thumbs down rating for disagreeing or disapproving, but it should not detract from anybody's ratings scores. A thumbs down could indicate something controversial - so it shouldn't be considered a negative.

Everybody seems to use the 'Funny' rating to show disapproval, but that isn't the right way.

We should have a thumbs down rating for disagreeing or disapproving, but it should not detract from anybody's ratings scores. A thumbs down could indicate something controversial - so it shouldn't be considered a negative.
If there was a button for removing someone's ratings, I'd be below zero in no time. I agree with you about the thumbs down button. I don't think it would have to replace an existing button, since they were able to add an STFU button in the basement. That would not be good for upstairs though. We don't need to encourage anymore cussing upstairs.

We used to have neg rep, and people cried about it. Then we had a disagree button, and people still cried. Now people just use "funny" as their neg button. Just give us our "disagree" back, USMB.

You used to be the worst negger here. Yeah, I called you a negger. :mad:

TheyAllPussies.jpg

We used to have neg rep, and people cried about it. Then we had a disagree button, and people still cried. Now people just use "funny" as their neg button. Just give us our "disagree" back, USMB.

Why would people cry about a disagree button? Did it negate points?

Hell there was even a mod declaration that you can’t use the funny button too much or you’ll get banned.

I'm not sure that's even true. I remember that button and I never saw that happen. I think it's a popular myth.

I think it did negatively affect your "rating", but nobody pays attention to their rating. And I'm sure they could make it so that it didn't affect it.

Neg rep on the other hand did have a more noticeable effect, but only because that rep bar was always so visible by your avatar.

I think it did negatively affect your "rating", but nobody pays attention to their rating. And I'm sure they could make it so that it didn't affect it.

Neg rep on the other hand did have a more noticeable effect, but only because that rep bar was always so visible by your avatar.
Get rid of ratings altogether, would be fine by me. But it does seem a little crazy to have a political discussion board with no disagree button.

Get rid of ratings altogether, would be fine by me. But it does seem a little crazy to have a political discussion board with no disagree button.

I kinda understood why some people hated the rep system, partly because you could send a comment with your neg rep. I'd politely disagree with somebody, and get a neg rep from Warrior saying, "suck n*gger cock". You know me. I'm not offended at all, but I can see where some people would find that annoying. :lol:

There should be a GBFY rating ...get bent and f yourself

Yeah -- it would subtract from your rep points. And it got weaponized by about 5% of the members who would send hourly blackmail messages to their victims telling them to expect more punishment. A newbie who was slow to win rep points would be at zero forever. It got cruel to watch and moderation had to put time limits on how often you could dock people.

It's a discussion board. Not Facebook. I wouldn't be opposed to negative repping if it was not made public. If you're here to discuss and your rep level is in the toilet -- it COULD be a valuable clue that you're wasting a large part of your life...

Why have any buttons at all? We all have keyboards to say what we’re feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back