Could U.S. leave NATO in exchange for ending Ukraine War?

Maybe Russia leaves some or all of its current territory in Ukraine, too. :dunno: That could possibly be negotiated. Trump's comment that he could end the war in 24 hours made me think this might be the most likely avenue for that. The U.S. could still do whatever it wants regarding defending European countries, while maybe it strikes a sense of urgency into Europe to take care of itself. I'm curious to read people's thoughts on that.
That makes absolutely no sense.

It has nothing to do with Russia's original security requirements which it had wanted to negotiate with the US, EU and NATO in the first place.

:rolleyes:

WAR IN EUROPE AND THE RISE OF RAW PROPAGANDA​

". . . Setting aside the manoeuvres and cynicism of geopolitics, whomever the players, this historical memory is the driving force behind Russia’s respect-seeking, self-protective security proposals, which were published in Moscow in the week the UN voted 130-2 to outlaw Nazism. They are:

- NATO guarantees that it will not deploy missiles in nations bordering Russia. (They are already in place from Slovenia to Romania, with Poland to follow)
- NATO to stop military and naval exercises in nations and seas bordering Russia.
- Ukraine will not become a member of NATO.
- the West and Russia to sign a binding East-West security pact.
- the landmark treaty between the US and Russia covering intermediate-range nuclear weapons to be restored. (The US abandoned it in 2019)

These amount to a comprehensive draft of a peace plan for all of post-war Europe and ought to be welcomed in the West. But who understands their significance in Britain? What they are told is that Putin is a pariah and a threat to Christendom.. . . "

Russia has advanced despite hundreds of billions from the US. None of those countries are in NATO. Most of Europe has become wise to our incompetent leadership.

Russia has stalled out and lost ground. Their military is being exposed for a fraud. Finland and Sweden are scared enough of Russia to want to join NATO.

Kiev and Zelensky could had settled to allow the Eastern provinces become independent, but no, he cannot allow actual democracy to take place. He wants to rule over them like a dictator, and you idiots fully support that. What happened to allowing people vote and choose their own leaders? I guess not if you live in eastern Ukraine.

That is not the way things work. Putin assassinates his political opponents but that is okay with you.

Don't need a link. I was asking you if you are now saying that those paying zero in federal income taxes are paying their fair share. It's a yes or no question.
And your answer is it is fair that those struggling to support their families don’t have a tax burden while it is unfair that those with excessive wealth pay no taxes

Forum List

Back