Could TSA pat downs spread STDs?

Really? Why do hospitals disinfect sheets? Why do doctors always wash their hands after seeing a patient, even if they did not touch the patient? Disease vectors are a lot more persistent than skin to skin contact.

If a person has an infectious disease, sneezes into their shirt sleeve, and gets patted down by the TSA, those germs can be transferred to the gloves they are wearing, then to your clothing. When you take those clothes off it can transfer to your hands, and thus you.

Just because something is classified as an STD, that does not mean the sex is the only vector that transmits that disease. It is just one of them, possibly the most convenient for that pathogen.
uh, you do understand that in a hospital people being on those beds generally have the possibility of body fluids getting ON those sheets

if you are THAT worried about it i suggest you bring a container of hand sanitizer with you when you fly and demand the TSA agent use it before touching you should you be one of the few that actually gets this pat down

Silvia and sweat are what? Bodily fluids.

When the tsa came into effect they weren't issued gloves as they are now. I carried gloves for them to use so there was NO excuse for them not to wear them before they touched me.

Um....have they ever gotten to third base?

Sitting here at my daughters house. (The RN) and her and I are laughing so hard at this that I can barely type a response................

Ask her how often she washes/sanitizes her hands. Ask her if she washes/sanitizes her hands before she touches a patient? Ask her if she touches on person and then touches another?

STD's are not transmitted as easially as the flu and such.
I expect you are at a much higher risk of catching a communicable disease while riding in the airplane than from the patdown.

Last edited:
uh, you do understand that in a hospital people being on those beds generally have the possibility of body fluids getting ON those sheets

if you are THAT worried about it i suggest you bring a container of hand sanitizer with you when you fly and demand the TSA agent use it before touching you should you be one of the few that actually gets this pat down

When the tsa came into effect they weren't issued gloves as they are now. I carried gloves for them to use so there was NO excuse for them not to wear them before they touched me.

Only if they can provide me with proper paper work and have had a shower first.

And thats still no guarantees!
:lol:

Only if they can provide me with proper paper work and have had a shower first.

And thats still no guarantees!
:lol:

That seems fair enough......so.......what's this "paper work" that you mentioned?

Here is a little food for thought. Glad someone has published about it. I have emailed the CDC. BUT the CDC is not a regulatory agency. People who fly really need to contact their state department of health.

More here: TSA Feel-Ups Could Spread STDs? - Health - Black Voices Conversations

And here is a little more on the topic of infections which can be spread this way:

Infectious Skin Diseases

And lets don't forget MRSA.

This actually IS a public health issue.
The tsa doesn't touch naked skin...wtf is wrong with you people? Instead of voicing legitimate concerns you make shit up...how stupid.

Perhaps you should inform the TSA that they do not touch skin. Their own blog has at least one picture of them doing exactly that.

The TSA Blog: What Happens If My Hands Alarm During an Explosives Trace Detection Test (And other questions answered)
I should have been clear...the naked skin discussed in the OP. Hands can be washed. In fact, we probably have more to fear from you, who doesn't wash his hands after using the toilet, than we do from the tsa.

I have to be courteous to people who want to restrict what I eat? What planet are you from?
so, if you are on a plane, sitting next to someone that is deathly allergic to peanuts, you couldnt NOT eat those peanuts to avoid putting that persons life in danger?

thats pretty damned cold, man

Fuck him. If me eating peanuts is going to kill him the gene pool is better off with him dead.
He has more right to fly safely with his purchased ticket than you do to be given peanuts by the stewardess.

Sitting here at my daughters house. (The RN) and her and I are laughing so hard at this that I can barely type a response................

Ask her how often she washes/sanitizes her hands. Ask her if she washes/sanitizes her hands before she touches a patient? Ask her if she touches on person and then touches another?

Obviously any health professional sanitizes their hands between patients. Just as it is obvious that they are usually seeing patients who are sick. The TSA is patting down people who are fully clothed and traveling, most of whom it can be assumed, are not to sick to travel. There really is no comparison here. The chances of the TSA spreading a STD through pat downs are so astronomical that it is still laughable.

Perhaps fliers should have a health screening before flying?

what is to say that a terrorist would not infect themselves with anthrax just to spread it among the infidels? slower death than a suicide bombing but likely to have a larger death toll.

And once the passengers disembarked and flew on to other diverse places....

Be afraid, be patriotic!

Last edited:

Obviously any health professional sanitizes their hands between patients. Just as it is obvious that they are usually seeing patients who are sick. The TSA is patting down people who are fully clothed and traveling, most of whom it can be assumed, are not to sick to travel. There really is no comparison here. The chances of the TSA spreading a STD through pat downs are so astronomical that it is still laughable.

Epic fail!~

Health care professionals see many, many patients who are not considered contagious. Yet they still use gloves. Example: Allergy patients, pediatric patients getting well baby checks, nursing home patients, psych patients, cardiac patients, surgery patients. There are many more. Yet here we are with another agency given cart blanche to spread disease all day long.

Universal precautions assumes that everyone is infected regardless of diagnosis. Health care professionals are required to use gloves. If they don't their facility can be fined thousands of dollars for each instance gloves are not used.

Last edited:

Epic fail!~

Health care professionals see many, many patients who are not considered contagious. Yet they still use gloves. Example: Allergy patients, pediatric patients getting well baby checks, nursing home patients, psych patients, cardiac patients, surgery patients. There are many more. Yet here we are with another agency given cart blanche to spread disease all day long.

Universal precautions assumes that everyone is infected regardless of diagnosis. Health care professionals are required to use gloves. If they don't their facility can be fined thousands of dollars for each instance gloves are not used.

:bsflag:

Daughter happens to work in a pediatric facility. According to her about 25% of their patients are for well baby clinic. Also according to her, gloves are only required when handling body fluids, or giving shots.

Nice that I happen to be here for the holiday......

Epic fail!~

:bsflag:

Daughter happens to work in a pediatric facility. According to her about 25% of their patients are for well baby clinic. Also according to her, gloves are only required when handling body fluids, or giving shots.

Nice that I happen to be here for the holiday......

Of course YOUR daughter NEVER changes her gloves between patients. Good Show there! I hope whatever her licensing board is nabs her real good and fast! And you are dead sure that NONE of those people going through checkpoints and being handled by the TSA have any open weeping wounds, lice, scabies, ringworm, TB, MRSA, or other infectious junk that can be passed to the next person if they don't change gloves. Keep it up. You and your genius daughter.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back