Could These Monsters Become a Luxury Hotel?

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
151207105704-img-5064-exlarge-169.jpg

How many of us knew these 70 year old structures even exist? I thought I knew a lot about Britain's defenses during WWII but I've never heard of these things. More pictures and an interesting story @ How the Red Sands Sea Forts could become a luxury hotel - CNN.com

Very cool, but I thought the pirate radio stations had to be outside British territorial waters. I used to listen to Radio Luxembourg and Radio Caroline as a kid. I could pick them up in Tunisia at night when my dad was stationed at the U.S. Embassy there.

Very cool, but I thought the pirate radio stations had to be outside British territorial waters. I used to listen to Radio Luxembourg and Radio Caroline as a kid. I could pick them up in Tunisia at night when my dad was stationed at the U.S. Embassy there.

I loved listening to Radio Luxembourg when I was stationed in the south of France. And later when I went back to Verdun and then Mannheim, Germany.

"....He says turning Britain's coastal defenses into hotels already has a strong precedent with the 19th-century stone fort on the Solent River near Portsmouth. In 2012, it was converted into a nine-suite luxury spa retreat"

That would make more sense in this case too, instead of a hotel a spa retreat.... either way, it's quite an amazing place! :)

I loved listening to Radio Luxembourg when I was stationed in the south of France. And later when I went back to Verdun and then Mannheim, Germany.

Just looked Radio Luxembourg up and they actually transmitted from Luxembourg. Radio Caroline transmitted from ships. I had at least one high school wrestling match at Verdun my dad was transferred to France after Tunisia and I went to both Poitiers and Orleans High Schools.

Forum List

Back