Could God trust you?

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
I dont think you need to answer outloud (or in a response) if you dont want to. I think this is just a question we need to ask ourselves and answer honestly. If God asked you to do something, could/would you do it? I think it's something to think about.

I'd have to ask him a few questions first, establish his bona fides, especially if he asks in a disembodied voice, but yes, He could trust me. If I'm convinced.

Depends on what it was. If god told me to kill my firstborn son or commit genocide (al the OT) I'd tell him to go fuck himself because he's a sick piece of shit. If he told me 'Hey, don't murder anyone' I'd tell him I wasn't planning on it, but I'd not his position.

Hell No!!

I have "read" about the people that God trusted. I do not wish to become another example!!

I have read of people that god told to kill their children and such.
I don't think I would do what he asked me to do.

I dont think you need to answer outloud (or in a response) if you dont want to. I think this is just a question we need to ask ourselves and answer honestly. If God asked you to do something, could/would you do it? I think it's something to think about.
He/she would have to do something for me first. :tongue:

Then I'd think about it. :lol:

I'm guided by my principles, not by what pieces of parchment the church tells me are 'holy'

My dog asks to go out all the time, and I take him for a walk.
Wait did my dyslexia just cause a faux pas?

☭proletarian☭;1828845 said:
Depends on what it was. If god told me to kill my firstborn son or commit genocide (al the OT) I'd tell him to go fuck himself because he's a sick piece of shit. If he told me 'Hey, don't murder anyone' I'd tell him I wasn't planning on it, but I'd not his position.

Hell No!!

I have "read" about the people that God trusted. I do not wish to become another example!!

☭proletarian☭;1829816 said:
I'm guided by my principles, not by what pieces of parchment the church tells me are 'holy'

*yawn*

It was one of the few perks of never staying in the same place for very long usc.

That was the bible story that had me first question religion at the age of 5.

You should have kept reading.

As a side note, I got the impression that US was referring to the nut jobs in the news, not Abraham.

I felt that the end did not justify the means.

I thought that it was an evil act to order a man to kill his child for no matter what reason.

I felt that a god that would do that did not deserve my belief.

I still think I was right.

That was the bible story that had me first question religion at the age of 5.

As a side note, I got the impression that US was referring to the nut jobs in the news, not Abraham.

I thought that it was an evil act to order a man to kill his child for no matter what reason.

It is a pretty fucked up thing to ask of a person.

My concept of what God is means that God would never ask me directly to do something and if God did ask it wouldn't be something "bad" such as committing murder of innocents.

However, putting that aside for the sake of your thread, I will go along.

If god asked me to do something I could do it. Would I do it, well that depends on what I am being asked. If the request went counter to my belief in Karma or what I hold as personal values I would probably not be able to do it.

As was brought up the whole "god asked someone to kill their kids" thing, that I wouldnt do...I'd say strike me dead here now because I don't care who you are i'm not killing my children for you.

It is a cool little though excercise though. :).

Last edited:
☭proletarian☭;1828845 said:

Hell No!!

☭proletarian☭;1829816 said:

*yawn*

Yes, I know the concept of principles bores you, but some of us do live by them.

It is a pretty fucked up thing to ask of a person.

I realized it meant that God was not real.

Forum List

Back