Could announcing Combat is over bite Obama in the ass.

Charles_Main

AR15 Owner
Jun 23, 2008
Michigan, USA
Just as saying major combat operation were over hurt Bush could this bite Obama in the ass.

Bush was right in the strictest sense. After his announcement there were no more major battles with regular Iraqi forces. The situation turned into an occupation and US deaths rose and Bush was hurt.

Now Obama is saying Combat is over, yet US special Forces will still be engaging in Combat in Iraq. If significant numbers are lost could this end up being Obama's Mission complete moment?

well I spose it could bite him on the ass since his own WH budget projections call for no decrease in spending on the twin wars thru 2019.

In this economy do we really have the means for wars without end that provide no return on our investment? IOW how much longer must we bleed ourselves dry in the service of Israeli security?

well I spose it could bite him on the ass since his own WH budget projections call for no decrease in spending on the twin wars thru 2019. In this economy do we really have the means for wars without end that provide no return on our investment?

The costs of Both Wars PALE in comparison to countless other Wasteful spending programs. They are Nothing Compared to the Costs of the Health care bill alone.

IOW how much longer must we bleed ourselves dry in the service of Israeli security?

Please, It was about much More the the Security of Israel. Comments like this do not even warrant further response.

Just as saying major combat operation were over hurt Bush could this bite Obama in the ass.

Bush was right in the strictest sense. After his announcement there were no more major battles with regular Iraqi forces. The situation turned into an occupation and US deaths rose and Bush was hurt.

Now Obama is saying Combat is over, yet US special Forces will still be engaging in Combat in Iraq. If significant numbers are lost could this end up being Obama's Mission complete moment?

I think it could Charles.

The Govt in Iraq, such as it is, is busy fighting itself. All the religious factions are trying to one up each other to control things. Who know how that will turn out?? I sure don't.

We also have Iran waiting in the wings. I think they will try to move in if they can.

One can only hope that Iraq doesn't turn into a civil/religious war.

Iraq is far from over.

They still must deal with sectarian violence. The situation is ripe for a civil struggle for control. There is also the possibility for Iran to take advantage of the power vacuum.

But it is a situation of our own making. We should have known what we were getting into. We created the mess and must deal with it

Personally I don't think he did enough. Maybe he can also fax over the Afghanistan exit strategy over to Al-Jezeera so everyone is on the same page. He is a Fucking Einstein alright. What is his I.Q. again??? The real one, not the one the State Run Media thinks it should be. Throw out a number. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Govt in Iraq, such as it is, is busy fighting itself. All the religious factions are trying to one up each other to control things. Who know how that will turn out?? I sure don't.

We also have Iran waiting in the wings. I think they will try to move in if they can.

Personally I did support the idea of either breaking Iraq up into 3 separate States under a single Federal Constitution, each constructed to tailor to the specific style of it's region. Three separate Countries would have also contained and localized efforts to reconstruct, without escalating the antagonism between groups.

Personally I did support the idea of either breaking Iraq up into 3 separate States under a single Federal Constitution, each constructed to tailor to the specific style of it's region. Three separate Countries would have also contained and localized efforts to reconstruct, without escalating the antagonism between groups.

Hmmmm.....sounds an awful lot like nation building to me....

That's a great point, Charles Main. However, I don't think BHO will have the troops "ride in to save the day" if civil war breaks out. He will blame the previous administration for failing to create the necessary climate for winning the peace, and he will then withdraw all American troops. More than 60% of our electorate will approve that, I think.

We did have a responsibility to the People of Iraq, after Our forces took out the Government, which was neglected. Where was the fucking State Department during that extended period of time??? Masturbating???

That's a great point, Charles Main. However, I don't think BHO will have the troops "ride in to save the day" if civil war breaks out. He will blame the previous administration for failing to create the necessary climate for winning the peace, and he will then withdraw all American troops. More than 60% of our electorate will approve that, I think.

obama would never blame the prev...

forget it. i can't do it with a straight face.

We did have a responsibility to the People of Iraq, after Our forces took out the Government, which was neglected. Where was the fucking State Department during that extended period of time??? Masturbating???

And why did we take out their government? What was their threat to the US?

It could only hurt him as much as Bush.

Any combat in Iraq now would just be referred to as "peace keeping engagements." See what I did there? It's all in how you manipulate the English language.

In saying Bush was strictly right in stating "Mission Accomplished" the same linguistic charade can be enforced.

What was the mission? Regime change? While Saddam's regime was ousted, at the time Bush said "Mission Accomplished," there was no new regime in place. A "change" implies replacement with something else.

Weapons of mass destruction that haven't turned up. Part of the mission was to find them. They never turned up. "Mission Accomplished?":cuckoo:

Last edited:
There is the old saying of, "if you break it, you buy it". Saddam may have been a son of a bitch, but he kept things in check in Iraq. As it is now, the different religious factions are free to fight each other for superiority and turn it into another Saudia Arabia or Iran. We had no business sticking our nose where it didn't belong and it will bite us. Not Obama, not Bush........us.

There is the old saying of, "if you break it, you buy it". Saddam may have been a son of a bitch, but he kept things in check in Iraq. As it is now, the different religious factions are free to fight each other for superiority and turn it into another Saudia Arabia or Iran. We had no business sticking our nose where it didn't belong and it will bite us. Not Obama, not Bush........us.

We should NEVER have been involved in this, and whatever unrest will come to Iraq, as well as Iran, will be OUR fault.

I take no responsibility for the invasion of Iraq. There is no "us" in this. I was not a policy maker, and I didn't stick my nose where it didn't belong. If you choose to feel a misplaced sense of guilt, you are more than welcome to carry the weight of responsibility solely on your own shoulders. :cuckoo:

Reality check for everyone else.

We should NEVER have been involved in this, and whatever unrest will come to Iraq, as well as Iran, will be OUR fault.
:eusa_whistle:

I don't supposed the Iraqis are HUMAN BEINGS, and some of the burden of responsibility for their actions is ON THEM. Or are you trying to juvenilize the Iraqi people? If so, doesn't that make you a hypocrite?

I take no responsibility for the invasion of Iraq. There is no "us" in this. I was not a policy maker, and I didn't stick my nose where it didn't belong. If you choose to feel a misplaced sense of guilt, you are more than welcome to carry the weight of responsibility solely on your own shoulders. :cuckoo:

Reality check for everyone else.

I don't see that post the way you do. I saw it as 'regardless of the stupid decision made to start that war, the people whom it will bite in the butt is us". (and the iraqis... and the israelis... and saudi arabia... and egypt... and any other country that relied on iraq to keep iran in check.

i feel no 'guilt' about the war. i feel extraordinary resentment about it.

Forum List

Back