Could announcing Combat is over bite Obama in the ass.

There is the old saying of, "if you break it, you buy it". Saddam may have been a son of a bitch, but he kept things in check in Iraq. As it is now, the different religious factions are free to fight each other for superiority and turn it into another Saudia Arabia or Iran. We had no business sticking our nose where it didn't belong and it will bite us. Not Obama, not Bush........us.

I take no responsibility for the invasion of Iraq. There is no "us" in this. I was not a policy maker, and I didn't stick my nose where it didn't belong. If you choose to feel a misplaced sense of guilt, you are more than welcome to carry the weight of responsibility solely on your own shoulders. :cuckoo:

Reality check for everyone else.

I don't see that post the way you do. I saw it as 'regardless of the stupid decision made to start that war, the people whom it will bite in the butt is us". (and the iraqis... and the israelis... and saudi arabia... and egypt... and any other country that relied on iraq to keep iran in check.

i feel no 'guilt' about the war. i feel extraordinary resentment about it.

I would have read it that same way, but for the last sentence fragment: Not Obama, not Bush........us.

:eusa_hand:
How can you possibly divorce Obama and Bush from the issue at hand? Doing that implies that somehow it is the fault of the American people, and not the policy makers.

There is the old saying of, "if you break it, you buy it". Saddam may have been a son of a bitch, but he kept things in check in Iraq. As it is now, the different religious factions are free to fight each other for superiority and turn it into another Saudia Arabia or Iran. We had no business sticking our nose where it didn't belong and it will bite us. Not Obama, not Bush........us.

We should NEVER have been involved in this, and whatever unrest will come to Iraq, as well as Iran, will be OUR fault.
:eusa_whistle:

I don't supposed the Iraqis are HUMAN BEINGS, and some of the burden of responsibility for their actions is ON THEM. Or are you trying to juvenilize the Iraqi people? If so, doesn't that make you a hypocrite?

Are you serious? We destroyed their country and their government. They have no one to lead them. Whether we liked Saddam Hussein or not, he did provide them with leadership and seemed to keep Iran at bay. Now, look what we got in that region....

We should NEVER have been involved in this, and whatever unrest will come to Iraq, as well as Iran, will be OUR fault.

I don't supposed the Iraqis are HUMAN BEINGS, and some of the burden of responsibility for their actions is ON THEM. Or are you trying to juvenilize the Iraqi people? If so, doesn't that make you a hypocrite?

Are you serious? We destroyed their country and their government. They have no one to lead them. Whether we liked Saddam Hussein or not, he did provide them with leadership and seemed to keep Iran at bay. Now, look what we got in that region....

Who is this collective "we" you are talking about? I did not vote for Bush. I did not hold political office and vote to go to war. I take no responsibility. What is your ideology? Collectivism?

I am nothing like you, I am an individual, and I don't take responsibility. And I do think the elected officials hold that responsibility.

I take no responsibility for the invasion of Iraq. There is no "us" in this. I was not a policy maker, and I didn't stick my nose where it didn't belong. If you choose to feel a misplaced sense of guilt, you are more than welcome to carry the weight of responsibility solely on your own shoulders. :cuckoo:

Ah, but there is an US in this. WE are the taxpayers funding the wars our politicians commit US to and WE are the families with children in the military dying for their wars. I take no responsibility for the invasion and I have no sense of guilt. But the decisions of our politicians have an effect on US. The dollars spent on war instead of domestically and the death and maiming of our future leaders has bitten US. The fact that politicians put US into a war WE didn't need to fight and the result is the possibility of now having another theocracy does bite US worse than leaving a dictator in power.

I don't see that post the way you do. I saw it as 'regardless of the stupid decision made to start that war, the people whom it will bite in the butt is us". (and the iraqis... and the israelis... and saudi arabia... and egypt... and any other country that relied on iraq to keep iran in check.

i feel no 'guilt' about the war. i feel extraordinary resentment about it.

I would have read it that same way, but for the last sentence fragment: Not Obama, not Bush........us.

How can you possibly divorce Obama and Bush from the issue at hand? Doing that implies that somehow it is the fault of the American people, and not the policy makers.

I didn't say it was the American peoples fault. Bush got us into the war and Obama had little choice but to continue what was already going on. Does their decisions bite them individually? Yes. Does it affect each and every American regardless of whether they supported the war or not? Yes.....they had no say or choice in the situation. We get bitten even when we didn't stick our hand in the cage. The beast was unleashed on us.

Who is this collective "we" you are talking about? I did not vote for Bush. I did not hold political office and vote to go to war. I take no responsibility. What is your ideology? Collectivism?

I am nothing like you, I am an individual, and I don't take responsibility. And I do think the elected officials hold that responsibility.

Sorry. I am an American. While I may not have agreed with Bush and his inane invasion, as an American, I do hold responsibility for my country's actions. Based on your retort, I am guessing you are one of the new Palin/Beck "partiots"?

Ah, but there is an US in this. WE are the taxpayers funding the wars our politicians commit US to and WE are the families with children in the military dying for their wars. I take no responsibility for the invasion and I have no sense of guilt. But the decisions of our politicians have an effect on US. The dollars spent on war instead of domestically and the death and maiming of our future leaders has bitten US. The fact that politicians put US into a war WE didn't need to fight and the result is the possibility of now having another theocracy does bite US worse than leaving a dictator in power.

Don't pull the taxpayer card. Yes, I pay taxes. Taxes are a form of coercion from the government, and I take no more responsibility for the war than I take for the tree that was killed so I could have a social security card.

Sorry. I am an American. While I may not have agreed with Bush and his inane invasion, as an American, I do hold responsibility for my country's actions. Based on your retort, I am guessing you are one of the new Palin/Beck "partiots"?

Judging by your reaction, you believe that just by a label "American," you are responsible.
What if someone had the same family name as you and blew up a building? Would you feel a misplaced sense of responsibility for that?

We are all responsible..

We got too tied up in Patriotism and giving Bush free rein to "Go get the bad guys". Nobody asked the tough questions, nobody questioned the pat answers

Nobody asked "Why the Fuck are we invading Iraq?"

probably because bush and obama will both retire... move on... we're left with the gift that keeps on giving.

that's how i read it. i assume he'll correct me if i'm wrong.

Don't pull the taxpayer card. Yes, I pay taxes. Taxes are a form of coercion from the government, and I take no more responsibility for the war than I take for the tree that was killed so I could have a social security card.

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suite is it? You might want to hang around the General Discussions or Sports forums instead and let the grownups talk amongst themselves. :eusa_whistle:

probably because bush and obama will both retire... move on... we're left with the gift that keeps on giving.

You are correct.

We are all responsible..

We got too tied up in Patriotism and giving Bush free rein to "Go get the bad guys". Nobody asked the tough questions, nobody questioned the pat answers

Nobody asked "Why the Fuck are we invading Iraq?"

Come on man. There were people questioning it even back then. Maybe you jumped on the bandwagon, but that doesn't give you the right to claim we are all responsible. The only person you speak for is yourself.:eusa_shhh:

And that's the beauty of living in a non-collectivist society.

You are correct.

They may retire and move on, but that does not acquit them of responsibility. It's funny how you can seriously imply that.

Judging by your reaction, you believe that just by a label "American," you are responsible.
What if someone had the same family name as you and blew up a building? Would you feel a misplaced sense of responsibility for that?

What a dumbshit you are. Is that supposed to be a parallel? REALLY? Go back to recess, Spanky.

You are correct.

They may retire and move on, but that does not acquit them of responsibility. It's funny how you can seriously imply that.

Again, you seem a little too dense to comprehend the English language. You brought up responsibility, not me. That's your deal, not mine. You might want to respond to what I actually said instead of imagining shit out of thin air. Based on the actions of the politicians (those actually "responsible") we as an American people get saddled with the long term effects. They farted in the car and locked the windows, we get to smell it whether we want to or not. I konw you still won't get it. :cuckoo:

What a dumbshit you are. Is that supposed to be a parallel? REALLY? Go back to recess, Spanky.

Thank you. This was a very useful post, and it very much so contributed to the advancement of the topic of this thread.:eusa_liar:

Hey, my cat's name is Spanky. Don't insult my cat like that! :lol:

Thank you. This was a very useful post, and it very much so contributed to the advancement of the topic of this thread.:eusa_liar:

It was every bit as useful as your "I am an island unto myself" posts. If you want to compare apples and anvils, go back to the Sports Forum.

You are correct.

Again, you seem a little too dense to comprehend the English language. You brought up responsibility, not me.
Saying something is "our fault" implies responsibility. That's the English language for you. Attack the message, not the messenger.
That's your deal, not mine.
I though it was all of ours... :eusa_whistle: Just like Iraq :eusa_pray:
You might want to respond to what I actually said instead of imagining shit out of thin air. Based on the actions of the politicians (those actually "responsible") we as an American people get saddled with the long term effects.
If we get saddled along with the long term effects, that implies shared responsibility. End this denial of what you state with your very words.
They farted in the car and locked the windows, we get to smell it whether we want to or not. I konw you still won't get it. :cuckoo:

That analogy does not match your message, but I'm sure you can easily rationalize your cognitive dissonance away on this one by again making some ad hominem remark about my comprehension of the English language.:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back