So we won the Iraq war, Obama is getting the credit, and leftists are still crabby

asterism

Congress != Progress
Jul 29, 2010
Central Florida
Anyone else notice the lack of celebration on the left for the Iraq war being effectively over? Spare me the distinctions, the "war" in Iraq was over in 1991 but that didn't make Kurdistan safe by any means. However, today is a momentous day.

So why is the left so crabby? Their guy just proved himself to be not only a statesman, but someone who is willing to admit a previous error AND STILL deliver a great military accomplishment as Commander in Chief.

Is there some sense of perpetual unhappiness?

Anyone else notice the lack of celebration on the left for the Iraq war being effectively over? Spare me the distinctions, the "war" in Iraq was over in 1991 but that didn't make Kurdistan safe by any means. However, today is a momentous day.

So why is the left so crabby? Their guy just proved himself to be not only a statesman, but someone who is willing to admit a previous error AND STILL deliver a great military accomplishment as Commander in Chief.

This is the happiest fucking place on the internet.

strategically, we lost as soon as we set foot in iraq.
by strategically lost, do you mean our very presence on their soil further inflamed already strained relations between ME and the West, and helped to expand the pool of bitter young men with malleable minds predisposed to culturally-ingrained anti-West sentiment? Or something like that.

Not so, but I didn't confine my comments to people just on this board.

by strategically lost, do you mean our very presence on their soil further inflamed already strained relations between ME and the West, and helped to expand the pool of bitter young men with malleable minds predisposed to culturally-ingrained anti-West sentiment? Or something like that.

"Further inflame." Good luck with that. That line has been tried ever since 2003, but as it turns out the terrorist groups don't hate us any more than they did in 1983 and they haven't even come close to succeeding in their campaigns since 2001.

Not so, but I didn't confine my comments to people just on this board.

"Further inflame." Good luck with that. That line has been tried ever since 2003, but as it turns out the terrorist groups don't hate us any more than they did in 1983 and they haven't even come close to succeeding in their campaigns since 2001.

I never mentioned terrorists. Afghanistan is an example of a succeeding campaign by these groups who have exploited anti-West sentiments for a grab at power. Iran has benefited. Our invasion of Iraq hasn't made the ME a happier place, definitely not as happy as this forum.

How would it look any different if we had lost in Iraq? For that matter, how is it any different now that "the war is over"?

I want to know what we are supposed to tell the families of service men and women killed there after today.

How would it look any different if we had lost in Iraq? For that matter, how is it any different now that "the war is over"?
It's different in that there is no longer a fake embargo against the Iranian people, causing he daily deaths of thousands of their innocent civilians.

It's different in that there are no longer German, French and U.N. political weasels getting filthy rich off of circumventing that fake embargo.

It's different in that there are no longer (I'm pretty sure) any unilaterally imposed "no fly" zones over the sovereign airspace of Iraq.

The brutal psychopaths, Saddam Hussein & sons, have been removed permanently from power.

Not that I think that any of the above is a worthy trade for American blood and getting mired in endless ME squabbles...But you asked for the positives and got them.

I want to know what we are supposed to tell the families of service men and women killed there after today.

Trust me, Madeline... you don't need to tell them. They already know.

You really don't get it? They wanted to loose because if we win that makes America strong.

Who wanted us to lose, outside the extreme fringe left?

who wanted to lose?

i have never seen any evidence that ANYONE wanted to lose...

the fact that waging a war with no objectives that requires occupation of a foreign country is probably not destined to go well is a separate subject.

I think the word 'leftist' iin a thread or post should be an indication that the person who wrote said thread or post is not to be taken seriously... is only to be made fun of.

ok, sis?

I assumed it was to differentiate the fringe (lefties) from liberals. But that's just me.

is it a victory or a retreat ?

That is Obama's problem, since he is insisting that combat operations are over, while keeping combat troops in Iraq and sending them out on hot missions. Even the radical left is going to have a hard time blaming Bush for this.

You really don't get it? They wanted to loose because if we win that makes America strong.

You become more and more of a hack with each passing day ...

Do you have a better explanation for the complete failure to acknowledge that we won?

Sure, it's you that are confused.

We won the war.

The war was a cake walk.

It was the post-war occupation with no real plan or direction that was the total disaster.

You seem to thing that there should be some praise handed out to our political leadership fucking things up there for years. I, and many others, don't. Believe me, it has nothing to do with "wanting to make America look weak" or whatever nonsense it was that you farted out in html. That shit sounds like it was pulled directly out of Rush Limbaugh's ass.

Forum List

Back