Costco's Profit Soars As Low-Wage Competitors Struggle

Wait a minute....

I thought lolberals absolutely hated big box operations like Costco.

WTF just happened?
Nope. The sensation you are experiencing is simply that of a con trying to make sense of something that he does not understand. Happens a lot.
Sorry, Buckwheat, but I've heard plenty of lolberals bitch and moan about Costco allegedly "killing the mom and pop store"....Plenty of 'em.
Cons typically have that problem, me boy. Don't try to actually think. It will just make your head hurt.

Nope. The sensation you are experiencing is simply that of a con trying to make sense of something that he does not understand. Happens a lot.
Sorry, Buckwheat, but I've heard plenty of lolberals bitch and moan about Costco allegedly "killing the mom and pop store"....Plenty of 'em.
Cons typically have that problem, me boy. Don't try to actually think. It will just make your head hurt.
I'm not a con, fuckface...But it's quite clear that you are an arrogant snob.

I'm not a con, fuckface...But it's quite clear that you are an arrogant snob.
RIIGGGHHHTTTT. Of course you are not a con.

dear, the beauty of Republican capitalism is that you make profit by making other's richer with lower prices and or higher quality.
Too stupid! Too slow!

Walmart's goal isn't to make their customers richer, only a simpleton would believe that.

thats the beauty of capitalism, if you don't care about your products and customers someone else will and you'll go bankrupt!! Why not read "Good to Great" the number 1 business seller of all time to understand what a great company really is, not what Marx told you he thought it was 150 years ago.

thats the beauty of capitalism, if you don't care about your products and customers someone else will and you'll go bankrupt!!
Too stupid! Too slow! There are plenty of companies that cares about both but went bankrupt, and plenty where the opposite occurred. Only a halfwit thinks in absolutes like this, another example being your "if we all invested in the stock market we'd all be rich" comedy routine.

Why not read "Good to Great" the number 1 business seller of all time to understand what a great company really is, not what Marx told you he thought it was 150 years ago.
Hah hah when I see the ad in SkyMall for books like this for sale summarized, I always laugh that there is no doubt some asshat somewhere who believes they are somehow enlightened by having read them. Sorry but a halfwit skimming books is still a halfwit, as you clearly demonstrate.

Why not read "Good to Great" the number 1 business seller of all time to understand what a great company really is, not what Marx told you he thought it was 150 years ago.
Hah hah when I see the ad in SkyMall for books like this for sale summarized, I always laugh that there is no doubt some asshat somewhere who believes they are somehow enlightened by having read them. Sorry but a halfwit skimming books is still a halfwit, as you clearly demonstrate.

dear, if you find the research or conclusion in the book mistaken please say where or admit as an perfect idiot liberal you know nothing whatsoever about it but are still quite willing to make conclusions about it!

See why we say slow??

Last edited:
There are plenty of companies that cares about both but went bankrupt,

IF I disagreed I'll pay you $10,000. Bet or run away once again with your liberal strawman between your legs.
So, Steady should bet whether you disagreed with him? Stupid, ed. Even more than usual. First, why would he want to do that when you are a liar. You never, ever bet with a liar. Because they never, ever admit that they were wrong. And they never ever pay. Because, they have no integrity. And you are a perfect example.

dear, if you find the research or conclusion in the book mistaken please say where or admit as an perfect idiot liberal you know nothing whatsoever about it but are still quite willing to make conclusions about it!

See why we say slow??
I've not read it, because I don't lean on others' opinions like you do because you are incapable of supporting your own weak arguments. When in doubt you just mention a book or make up a quote, because as the forum halfwit all you have lies and references to others' opinions.

See why we say slow? I'm surprised you can log into a computer to type your drivel.

Did you make it past graduate school?

Yes, Summa Cum Laude

Putz, I wasn't talking to you. But gee wiz, thanks for the lesson in highschool algebra. What would you like to discuss next? How about electronic engineering? Differential Equations? Modern physics? Neurobiology? How about macro or micro econ? Maybe some discussion of Nash Equilibriums or Carnout ologololies?

Putz

You were spewing idiocy for your shameful party.

I assume you actually are as stupid as you present yourself.

So, when you're not waiting on the Welfare check, what do you do with your time?

I've not read it, because I don't lean on others' opinions like you do because you are incapable of supporting your own weak arguments.

That, and the fact that you have at best a 3rd grade education.

When in doubt you just mention a book or make up a quote, because as the forum halfwit all you have lies and references to others' opinions.

As opposed to you mindlessly bleating the daily drooling points from MSNBC or one of the hate sites?

See why we say slow? I'm surprised you can log into a computer to type your drivel.

Pot, kettle, fer sure...

So, when you're not waiting on the Welfare check, what do you do with your time?
Never been on welfare, but it is pretty funny to see someone who manages 25 posts per day wondering about others do with their time. Need a life much?

That, and the fact that you have at best a 3rd grade education.
Fail again, degree is in applied mathematics.

As opposed to you mindlessly bleating the daily drooling points from MSNBC or one of the hate sites?
I don't read MSNBC, or any other "hate site" whatever that means. I'm assuming you mean websites that don't favor your little political team? Must suck to be so shallow you only see the world in shades of left/right, you mindless drone.

Must suck to be so shallow you only see the world in shades of left/right, you mindless drone.

dear, were our Founders mindless shallow drones for seeing the world in shades of left/right, i.e, freedom versus government????

Ever wonder why the essential choice in the voting booth is freedom versus government?????

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." -Thomas Jefferson

notice how liberty and government are presented as oppposites?????

The shallow mindless I'm referring to is those who are so locked into their political ideology they can't fathom forming opinions that aren't lockstep with whatever source of preaching they subscribe to.

Take Uncensored2008, for example. He's in this thread calling me a lefty and saying I'm regurgitating talking points from MSNBC, but go search my posts I support Walmart's right to pay their employees as little as they are willing to accept, I'm anti-union, I love that we have the choice to buy imported goods from China on the cheap, I'm for a smaller government and reduction in the govt handouts, I'm about as far from classic left wing talking points as you can get.

The irony is we probably have the same opinions on Walmart, yet Uncensored2008 is too much a vapid volume posting pinhead to get his brain around people having thoughts that don't completely conform to a certain spectrum.

This is what baffles me, that people point out Walmart's wages as some evil deed when in reality the cherished mom & pop stores paid no better and usually have lesser benefits.

If you want to shop local to support your community fine, but don't pretend they are lowering wages versus the small scale local retailers they are replacing.

This isn't the case, there are many people who work for Walmart or McDonalds, get no government assistance, and haven't died because of their wages.

TSam Walton's 4 kids combined are worth $107.1 Billion making them the richest in the world. They have the most employees near minimum wage & on government assistance of anyone.
Pointless statistic. WalMart is the largest non-government employer in the world, so them having the most of anything isn't an eye-popping fact.

They might have the most employees born on days that end with 7 too, or the most employees who wear glasses.

Must suck to be so shallow you only see the world in shades of left/right, you mindless drone.

dear, were our Founders mindless shallow drones for seeing the world in shades of left/right, i.e, freedom versus government????

Ever wonder why the essential choice in the voting booth is freedom versus government?????

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." -Thomas Jefferson

notice how liberty and government are presented as oppposites?????
"I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our monied corporations which dare already to challenge our government to a trial by strength, and bid defiance to the laws of our country."
Thomas Jefferson
Jefferson had no use for corporations. But then, there were less than 20 corporations during his time. And they were mostly small, though that was changing rapidly.

Funny how whenever ed talks, the result are new lies.

Right, so companies sell at cost. Right?

Did you perchance not make it into high school?

Most retail prices by margin. What this means, is they select a gross margin they need returned, then apply it to an item to determine the cost.

So if I have a pencil and I need a 1.2% margin, then I look at my costs.

Acquisition or material cost = $.35
Amortized Overhead = 25%
Margin = 1.2%

.35*126.2=44.17 rounded to 44 cents.

Almost all retail sells at fixed margin.

And yes, 1 to 3% margin IS the average for consumer retail.

Did you make it past graduate school?

Putz, I wasn't talking to you. But gee wiz, thanks for the lesson in highschool algebra. What would you like to discuss next? How about electronic engineering? Differential Equations? Modern physics? Neurobiology? How about macro or micro econ? Maybe some discussion of Nash Equilibriums or Carnout ologololies?

Putz

Awesome! A lot of the partisans on this site seem to think they're fucking geniuses because they can work a 4 function calculator. I can only imagine the people they must hang out with to feel smart themselves.

Awesome! A lot of the partisans on this site seem to think they're fucking geniuses because they can work a 4 function calculator. I can only imagine the people they must hang out with to feel smart themselves.

Well, we do tend to think you leftists are fucking morons since you can't work a 4 function calculator, nor grasp the most basic principles of business.

And I do know who you hang out with to find intellectual parity...

250px-Flock_of_sheep.jpg

Last edited:
Never been on welfare, but it is pretty funny to see someone who manages 25 posts per day wondering about others do with their time. Need a life much?

No thanks, I like my life just fine.

In real life, we learn from others.

Fail again, degree is in applied mathematics.

But you had no need to read of Pythagoras, because you "think for yourself" and deride those who would seek knowledge in books as that would be "leaning on others..."

I don't read MSNBC, or any other "hate site" whatever that means.

Sure, you simply "think for yourself" what the news of the day is..

I'm assuming you mean websites that don't favor your little political team? Must suck to be so shallow you only see the world in shades of left/right, you mindless drone.

Is that what ThinkProgress trained you to post?

Forum List

Back