Costco denies political motive for pulling D'Souza's book

As I said, blind hatred fits well with the liberal left.

Oh! So THAT's who has been bashing gays and Muslims and immigrants and blacks! Those damn Liberals. I was wondering who that was.

Radical Muslims, radical gays and no, no one is bashing blacks you exceed the truth.

Better to bash radicals then who the left bashes, veterans, those who are actually in a war zone, Christians, and anyone else that is not on the plantation. Liberals do their fair share of bashing blacks and women. Just ask Cain and Palin.

Don't you know, according to mitten boy romney and the supreme court...corporations are people too. They have their rights. Think about it. Hobby Lobby!!
Things might come back and bite you right wing fanatics right in the *ss.:eusa_boohoo:

Costco is going to PULL a popular book that's been selling well and even has a new movie out on it....? and they don't give a good reason for doing so....?

WTF.....are they deliberately trying to lose business....?

i've always liked Costco but i knew the store was headed downhill back when they switched from Coke to Pepsi....:(

Don't you know, according to mitten boy romney and the supreme court...corporations are people too. They have their rights. Think about it. Hobby Lobby!!
Things might come back and bite you right wing fanatics right in the *ss.

Maybe they don't want to sell books whose proceeds will go to a criminal.

I wonder if they sold Bill Ayers books, or those of Obama.

Oh, it's not blind in the slightest. He's the kind of guy you hit full-speed without braking, then back up over to see if you hit something?

I love the liberal defense of free speech.

This doesn't make any sense.

Free speech doesn't apply to private entities, it applies only to the relationship between citizens and their government, where government is prohibited from placing unwarranted, un-Constitutional burdens on the right to speak freely.

Private entities such as corporations are at liberty to place any restrictions on speech they wish, including refusing to sell a particular book, absent any 'violation' of 'free speech.'

I haven't forgotten about PACs. Costco doesn't have any.

This is all on the page you linked to.

Yes they do
Costco Wholesale | Influence Explorer: Campaign Finance, Regulations, EPA Violations and Advisory Committees

No, they don't.

That page shows donations to PACs from Costco employees, not Costco PACs.

Go to that first page you linked to, and move your mouse over "Costco" - you'll see under "Distribution" that all of those donations have come from individuals, not PACs.

Individual's that give to PAC's just like all of the other companies do.
The point is Costco contributes to the Dems.

No, they don't.

Go to that first page you linked to, and move your mouse over "Costco" - you'll see under "Distribution" that all of those donations have come from individuals, not PACs.

What you keep saying is "the point" is simply not the slightest bit true.

The corporation Costco Wholesale has not donated a cent to any political PACs, campaigns or candidates.

Costco employees have.

No, they don't.

The corporation Costco Wholesale has not donated a cent to any political PACs, campaigns or candidates.

Costco employees have.

Maybe so, maybe, but tell me, how do you know that Costco's employees are the ones donating? Maybe Costco does not directly contribute but I will bet they put some pressure on their employees to do so.

Costco employees have.

Maybe so, maybe, but tell me, how do you know that Costco's employees are the ones donating? Maybe Costco does not directly contribute but I will bet they put some pressure on their employees to do so.

Because that's how it's reported. When anyone makes a political contribution, they must declare their employer on the form.

That's how this data is collected.

What evidence do you have of this "pressure", other than really wanting it to be true?

Oh! So THAT's who has been bashing gays and Muslims and immigrants and blacks! Those damn Liberals. I was wondering who that was.

Radical Muslims, radical gays and no, no one is bashing blacks you exceed the truth.

Better to bash radicals then who the left bashes, veterans, those who are actually in a war zone, Christians, and anyone else that is not on the plantation. Liberals do their fair share of bashing blacks and women. Just ask Cain and Palin.

Incorrect.

Conservative hostility toward citizens' civil liberties is long-standing, well-documented, and infamous.

We see myriad examples of conservatives seeking to deny African-Americans their right to vote, deny gay Americans their equal protection rights, immigrants their due process rights, and women their privacy rights.

From Brown v. Board of Education and Hernandez v. Texas in 1954 to Lawrence v. Texas in 2003, we see a long, sad history of conservatives fighting to retain segregation and discrimination at the expensive of individual liberty, where Americans who fight to realize their comprehensive civil rights are not 'radicals.'

Nobody buys these stupid Right-wing books. They only make the best seller lists because of bulk sales, usually by the author and other Right-wing groups, who then give them away.

For example, once MessiahRushie stopped buying tens of thousands of his own book to give away, it fell completely off the best seller charts.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Books-Childrens/zgbs/books/4/ref=chp_manbrowse_best?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-leftnav&pf_rd_r=0M6806CP33CJBC07RTB9&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1842050162&pf_rd_i=4#1[/ame]

Censorship, liberal style. Don't get me wrong they own the store they have a right to sell what ever they want. If their strongly held religious belief is to censor books then they fit well with the left wing.

NEW YORK – Big-box wholesaler Costco pulled Dinesh D’Souza’s new book, “America: Imagine a World Without Her,” just after the nationwide release of the companion movie, but Chief Financial Officer Richard Galanti told WND the decision was not motivated by political considerations.

The book, heavily critical of Barack Obama, was officially released June 2. A corporate decision to return the books was issued July 1, just as it is about to debut on the New York Times bestseller list.

Galanti confirmed to WND the “pull order” was in effect and that D’Souza’s book is in the process of being removed from Costco stores this week, with the goal to have all copies of D’Souza’s book out of Costco stores nationwide and shipped back to the vendor no later than July 15.

Read more at Costco denies political motive for pulling D?Souza?s book
I will not be renewing my Costco membership

I will go get one.

No surprise Costco employees veer to Dems, as they're good to their employees, are good citizens, not greedy a-holes like the hillbilly GOP shyttes over at Walmart...

Incorrect.

Conservative hostility toward citizens' civil liberties is long-standing, well-documented, and infamous.

We see myriad examples of conservatives seeking to deny African-Americans their right to vote, deny gay Americans their equal protection rights, immigrants their due process rights, and women their privacy rights.

From Brown v. Board of Education and Hernandez v. Texas in 1954 to Lawrence v. Texas in 2003, we see a long, sad history of conservatives fighting to retain segregation and discrimination at the expensive of individual liberty, where Americans who fight to realize their comprehensive civil rights are not 'radicals.'

Only in your head. people should only vote once, unless of course you are a liberal. See you demonstrate exactly what I am saying. A law is passed and if the liberal left doesn't like it they will either say it is against blacks, women or 'the children." When in reality it the effort was merely to keep people from being disenfranchised when even one votes illegally.

Costco employees have.

Because that's how it's reported. When anyone makes a political contribution, they must declare their employer on the form.

What evidence do you have of this "pressure", other than really wanting it to be true?

My evidence, working in management.

Sorry, "because I said so" isn't a valid response.

I too have "worked in management", and have never heard anyone "pressure" employees into donating to a campaign or candidate.

In fact, it's against the law.

Censorship, liberal style. Don't get me wrong they own the store they have a right to sell what ever they want. If their strongly held religious belief is to censor books then they fit well with the left wing.

NEW YORK – Big-box wholesaler Costco pulled Dinesh D’Souza’s new book, “America: Imagine a World Without Her,” just after the nationwide release of the companion movie, but Chief Financial Officer Richard Galanti told WND the decision was not motivated by political considerations.

The book, heavily critical of Barack Obama, was officially released June 2. A corporate decision to return the books was issued July 1, just as it is about to debut on the New York Times bestseller list.

Galanti confirmed to WND the “pull order” was in effect and that D’Souza’s book is in the process of being removed from Costco stores this week, with the goal to have all copies of D’Souza’s book out of Costco stores nationwide and shipped back to the vendor no later than July 15.

Read more at Costco denies political motive for pulling D?Souza?s book

This is an example of the Costco co. putting politics not only ahead of Country (after all, who can deny the unholy mess BO has made of the USA? It is scandal after scandal, conflict after conflict. Violation after violation. BO is the worst and he won't stop til he's kicked out!) but Costco is putting their politics ahead of PROFITS!

They should be sued by stockholders for not trying to make money off of the D'Souza book. They should be selling it rather than banning it!

Sorry, "because I said so" isn't a valid response.

I too have "worked in management", and have never heard anyone "pressure" employees into donating to a campaign or candidate.

In fact, it's against the law.

What color is the sky in your world. Yes, there is no direct pressure.

Forum List

Back