"Corporations are people my friend"

1. Switzerland
2. China
3. Brazil
Etc., etc., etc.
Last. USA

Well maybe as president, Obama oughta be putting in place policies to make the USA more attractive to businesses and investments.

Easily done. Its called TARIFFS

But that ain't really the point of this thread. Corporations consist of people, and it is people who benefit from the actions corporations take.

Absolutely right.

Corporations are legal fictions owned in various forms of stock ownership BY PEOPLE.

Corporations are not people.

Every single word in this post is absolutely true, especially the reference to the need to reinstate tariffs on imported trade goods. We’ve given out “favored nation” trade status to third world countries who have extremely low standard and costs of living and the extremely low wages that go along with those standards, not to mention countries who still charge us tariffs on our trade goods. That’s why American manufacturing is becoming a thing of the past.

Bye, bye Mr. Romney.

Anybody can incorporate. Corporations -R-Us. I'm not a big fan of Romney but he is right and I am truly surprised at the attitude of radical lefties.

Its not a matter of “radical lefties”, according to polls taken during the debt limit debate, 64% (vary nearly two thirds) of Americans supported requiring corporations to pay their taxes, that’s the left, center left and center right. Only the conservative core supporters opposed.
I would also point out that the “people” who benefit from corporate profits are the top 5% of earners who already earn 35% of all the money in the country (and who themselves would prefer to pay no taxes), these folks aren’t exactly going broke, however I must admit, Romney was correct, they are in fact people.

And that's why liberals--are NOT to smart. While they've all got their POM POM'S out for Obama--the CEO of General electric is Obama's job czar--and just sent jobs to China to build aircraft and compete with American built Boeing aircraft.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/18/business/global/18plane.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

IF LEFTIES WANT CORPORATIONS TO PAY TAXES---Then they can start with General Electric who made 18.4 BILLION dollars last year and didn't pay a penny in Federal Taxes. Of course--you're gonna get in a FIGHT with Barack Obama over this--because--this is so-called investment into green energy. And the CEO of General Electric--Inmelt is Obama's job czar.

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/5551496-corporations-like-ge-and-exxon-pay-no-taxes

$smallpromoobama_s_promises.jpg

Last edited:
Legally, Romney is right, corporations are individuals - at least in the eyes of the law.

It's a shame but that's the way it is. Despite the fact that there is no mention of corporations in either the Constitution or the Declaration of Independance.

Corporations not only enjoy the legal standing of an individual, but seem to have defacto greater rights than people. They have teams of lawyers and lobbyist to make sure of that.

It's not that I'm anti-corporate, it's that a corporation should be considered a different type of legal entity, and should NOT have rights - not the same type of rights that a person has - they are not people.

Of course treating them as legal people serves to protect the people that own the corporations.

One question for the courts:

If corporations are individuals then corporate ownership equates to slavery, doesn't it?

Maybe we should start a movement to free corporations from there owners - and imprison those cruel slavers!

(yips! I own stock!)

Anybody can incorporate. Corporations -R-Us. I'm not a big fan of Romney but he is right and I am truly surprised at the attitude of radical lefties.

Its not a matter of “radical lefties”, according to polls taken during the debt limit debate, 64% (vary nearly two thirds) of Americans supported requiring corporations to pay their taxes, that’s the left, center left and center right. Only the conservative core supporters opposed.
I would also point out that the “people” who benefit from corporate profits are the top 5% of earners who already earn 35% of all the money in the country (and who themselves would prefer to pay no taxes), these folks aren’t exactly going broke, however I must admit, Romney was correct, they are in fact people.

And that's why liberals--are NOT to smart. While they've all got their POM POM'S out for Obama--the CEO of General electric is Obama's job czar--and just sent jobs to China to build aircraft and compete with American built Boeing aircraft.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/18/business/global/18plane.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

IF LEFTIES WANT CORPORATIONS TO PAY TAXES---Then they can start with General Electric who made 18.4 BILLION dollars last year and didn't pay a penny in Federal Taxes. Of course--you're gonna get in a FIGHT with Barack Obama over this--because--this is so-called investment into green energy. And the CEO of General Electric--Inmelt is Obama's job czar.

Corporations Like GE and Exxon Pay No Taxes

View attachment 14986

I am well aware of what G.E. made and the fact that they didn’t pay taxes, I can even tell you how they did it, by claiming tax credits for business expenses incurred overseas. I am also well aware of the inappropriate relationship between the administration and G.E. I never said anything to justify your claim that I wasn’t.
You just put accused me of taking a position that I didn’t take and accused me of being “stupid” for taking it because you couldn’t criticize the statement I did make. Frankly I think your stupid for being unable to respond to the facts I put forth and putting words in my mouth so you could have something you could criticize.

Forum List

Back