Corporate profits hit record as wages get squeezed

too stupid and perfectly liberal!! Do you have any idea why you are changing the subject to volume increases when it is not remotely related??

ONce again: if the wage cost or raw material cost goes up the price must go up. This makes everyone poorer.

See why we are positive a liberal will be slow??

I'm tired of reading that bullshit response, ad nasseum. Surely, it's getting tedious for you to type it; yeah?

10th time:
if the union wage cost or raw material cost goes up the price must go up. This makes everyone poorer. Please don't try to change the subject again and assume it is not obvious that you are evading.

Here you go, Ed, which I offer since you're so enamored with typing an I followed by a Q when replying with retarded fucking rhetorical nonsense: take what you know, then imagine it being twice or three times as much; also look at a retard, with 80 IQ or whatever, then yours at about circa 105, and imagine it being north of 170. Hard to do, but let me tell ya, it ain't all peaches and cream. You see order, easily, where most only see chaos. Real order, not imagined, and no one you talk to can see it. They think you're nuts, or just goofy / odd, and thus tend to ignore / disregard. Kinda like speaking English in a land where everyone else speaks Japanese ... not even modicum of your deepest thoughts can be shared. Only surface stuff.

But it's tough to want to give it up. In theory, oh how nice it would be to be a moron. We'd all get along and agree on damn near everything, and nobody would think you goofy or insane. But once tasted the water, it's hell to go back to drinking your own piss.

And trying to surround yourself with Doctors, Physicists, or whatever, who have great vertical knowledge, but are otherwise tedious pseudo-intellectuals is boring as shit; and ain't a solution. Maybe go onto forums, fuck around until it gets tedious, and move on.

Woe is me.

Now then, what brings you here?

Last edited:
Sure. But wage cost does not go up when volume increases, and can, and does often, go down.

too stupid and perfectly liberal!! Do you have any idea why you are changing the subject to volume increases when it is not remotely related??

ONce again: if the wage cost or raw material cost goes up the price must go up. This makes everyone poorer.

I'm tired of reading that bullshit response, ad nasseum. Surely, it's getting tedious for you to type it; yeah?
the answer to your final question is actually obvious, when you think about it. Ed is a moron. Moron do not get bored. Nothing, to the moron, is tedius. Hell, he can contemplate the fuzz on a peach for a week. No boredom. Which explains Ed.
But the other thing you must understand is that you can not have an actual conversation with a moron.

I should hope so. Because you're a barrel of laughs. The question you should ask is; is the laughter at or with you?

If the answer is 'who cares', then we've established your credentials for serious discussion.

If the answer is 'with me, of course.' Then :lmao:

If the answer is 'at me, of course.' Then :lmao:

the answer to your final question is actually obvious, when you think about it. Ed is a moron. Moron do not get bored. Nothing, to the moron, is tedius. Hell, he can contemplate the fuzz on a peach for a week. No boredom. Which explains Ed.
But the other thing you must understand is that you can not have an actual conversation with a moron.

True that; but it's a stepping stone, that spurs curiosity and thinking. It can be worthwhile excercize, even if in effect, we're talking to ourselves.

It's all good.

Last edited:
I should hope so. Because you're a barrel of laughs. The question you should ask is; is the laughter at or with you?

If the answer is 'who cares', then we've established your credentials for serious discussion.

If the answer is 'with me, of course.' Then :lmao:

If the answer is 'at me, of course.' Then :lmao:

I'm sure you're right. Excellent points.

10th time:
if the union wage cost or raw material cost goes up the price must go up. This makes everyone poorer. Please don't try to change the subject again and assume it is not obvious that you are evading.

Only if you equate wealth with the ownership of a lot of trinkets and gizmos.

C'mon Special Ed, surely you of all people possess the advanced IQ to figure that out.

Last edited:

12th time: if the wage cost or raw material cost goes up the price must go up. This makes everyone poorer.

Ever see conservative/libertarians needing to evade subjects?? What does that tell you??

12th time: if the wage cost or raw material cost goes up the price must go up. This makes everyone poorer.

Ever see conservative/libertarians needing to evade subjects?? What does that tell you??
Wage rate goes up. Workers can afford more. They buy more. The price does not go up. But revenue and gross sales, and net sales, all go up. this makes everyone richer.
Ever see liberals/progressives needing to evade subjects?? what does that tell you.

Sorry ed. I know this is well above your pay grade. But ask your handler. He/she may be able to help you to understand.

Employees are employess, and they come in all classifications and pay scales.

If they want a share of the profits, they can go out and buy some fucking stock.

Uh, perhaps you don't have a good understanding of the work-reward relationship.

Employees are the SOURCES OF ALL WEALTH AND PRODUCTIVITY, and they should be appropriately compensated.

If you want a share of the profits, you should actually perform some work that is linked to creating that profit.

Your determinination and ambition to amass more dollars than anyone else does not excuse your behavior or your pathology.

I think he meant "employees are slaves".

Wage rate goes up. Workers can afford more.

you know better than to try substance!! You've been reduced to name calling, as if to make your mother proud!!

Anyway, union wages go up, prices go up, people and other workers can afford less, they get poorer, economy moves toward recession. If a wage cost or raw material cost goes up this is not considered good. Think about oil prices going up? Is it good or bad for everyone or good for those few who get the money directed to them and bad for the vast majority who must pay the higher price??

Econ 101 for you, liberal.

Okay, Ed. Let's tackle this brain-teaser, too, shall we?

Hmmm. Wages, in thisw case, Minimum Wage. (government pickiung up slack for workers not unionizing and carrying the water for themselves)

Damnit, wages went up. Could be a problem in the short term; fucks with my cashflow calculation. But then, whadaya know. Other companies are having the same problem I am, and their workers (my customers) now have more dough, and spend it, with me, buying my better higher-margin stuff. More customers, since folks barely getting by and never dreaming of coming into my business, are now walking in the door. Bob, my cashier, who cost me $10 an hour before, with $7.25 / hr and other payroll costs, is doing $270 an hour in sales, with my average margin at around 28%, instead of $189 an hour. Sure; Bob, for doing the same damn work, and now costing me $18 / hour, about, with a $12 minimum wage, is in fact, costing me 20% instead of before, at 18% But since volume increased, Bob selling $270 per hour for $12 an hour, my cost nearer $16, he's more but only 20% of that. Not a big deal. Sure as shit, I ain't daring to lose sales, raising prices. Bob is 2% more, but my other costs are now less as a percent. Utilities, occupancy, advertising ... all unchanged, and now a smaller percentage. My profits soar, and I start thinking, oh fuck how I love volume. Maybe up my ad budget, and trim margin a smidge, and add a Fred to help Bob, since praise babyjesus, people can afford to buy shit again.

Employees are employess, and they come in all classifications and pay scales.

If they want a share of the profits, they can go out and buy some fucking stock.

Uh, perhaps you don't have a good understanding of the work-reward relationship.

Employees are the SOURCES OF ALL WEALTH AND PRODUCTIVITY, and they should be appropriately compensated.

If you want a share of the profits, you should actually perform some work that is linked to creating that profit.

Your determinination and ambition to amass more dollars than anyone else does not excuse your behavior or your pathology.

I think he meant "employees are slaves".
that would be a good assumption. What Mr H said is true. Production and productivity come from those who do the work. Not the ceo who runs the company. Without those doing the work, nothing gets produced. Nothing gets produced, nothing gets sold. No sales, no profit, and company goes out of business.
CEO leaves, the company will survive, and production will go on. Productivity may or may not be affected. But it does not stop.

too stupid and perfectly liberal!! in a free Republican capitalist Jeffersonian world you get compensated based on what other free people are willing to pay you. Its all about respect for others.

Liberal Nazis have no respect for individuals so they violently impose their decisions on others.

Steve Jobs is a source of wealth and productivity. His employees merely do as he says. Steven Jobs makes the process happen, not the employees.

Okay, Ed. Let's tackle this brain-teaser, too, shall we?

Hmmm. Wages, in thisw case, Minimum Wage. (government pickiung up slack for workers not unionizing and carrying the water for themselves)

Damnit, wages went up. Could be a problem in the short term; fucks with my cashflow calculation. But then, whadaya know. Other companies are having the same problem I am, and their workers (my customers) now have more dough, and spend it, with me, buying my better higher-margin stuff. More customers, since folks barely getting by and never dreaming of coming into my business, are now walking in the door. Bob, my cashier, who cost me $10 an hour before, with $7.25 / hr and other payroll costs, is doing $270 an hour in sales, with my average margin at around 28%, instead of $189 an hour. Sure; Bob, for doing the same damn work, and now costing me $18 / hour, about, with a $12 minimum wage, is in fact, costing me 20% instead of before, at 18% But since volume increased, Bob selling $270 per hour for $12 an hour, my cost nearer $16, he's more but only 20% of that. Not a big deal. Sure as shit, I ain't daring to lose sales, raising prices. Bob is 2% more, but my other costs are now less as a percent. Utilities, occupancy, advertising ... all unchanged, and now a smaller percentage. My profits soar, and I start thinking, oh fuck how I love volume. Maybe up my ad budget, and trim margin a smidge, and add a Fred to help Bob, since praise babyjesus, people can afford to buy shit again.
Thanks, Koios. Nice job of explaining a little basic economics theory. Though I am sure you lost ed after the first couple words. Saves me from having to address his drivel. I can do it. But then I can clean clogged toilets, too. Just don't like getting my hands covered with shit.

too stupid and perfectly liberal!! in a free Republican capitalist Jeffersonian world you get compensated based on what other free people are willing to pay you. Its all about respect for others.

Liberal Nazis have no respect for individuals so they violently impose their decisions on others.

Steve Jobs is a source of wealth and productivity. His employees merely do as he says. Steven Jobs makes the process happen, not the employees.

Actually, Sheila Redux is spot on. Nobody opens a business without potential customers out there, most of whom are workers, or maybe workers vis a vis taxes (guvmint buying my shit).

The thing is, Ed: business does not create wealth; it exploits wealth. Money out there, and I have an idea on getting some, and start a business. I do not first hand out cash, and then ask folks to come back and spend it with me. I let other companies pay workers the dough, and hope some come to me. And I can sustain that, and create opportunity for businesses that come after me, if, and only if, I too pay a decent wage when my volume increases to where I can no longer serve my customers myself, and am forced to hire someone.

None too complicated, when you think about it.

Forum List

Back