Corporate America's Finest Hour

Campbell

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2015
f393aa8d5631dcdb1945313e4262c8bd.jpg

Gee. that's timely. So, you actually took time out of your obviously jam-packed work day to pen this little gem?

It is a legal product thus advertising it shouldn't be an issue. Getting cancer from cigarette smoking is not conclusive nor is unique to smoking to get cancer. I have known people who died from cancer who never smoked nor were exposed to "second hand smoke."
BTW. I usually do not respond to your and Guano's postings. You two are a pair in your hatred.

As I understand it, tobacco cultivation destroys the soil after only a few plantings. Jefferson would have preferred to cultivate hemp, in that it was less damaging to the soil and had a multiplicity of uses.

Tobacco was common and legal for two hundred years and all of a sudden lefties are concerned about the health hazard of "legal " tobacco use. Fair enough but now the left wants to turn tobacco corporations into criminals and legalize marijuana crazies.

Tobacco was common and legal for two hundred years and all of a sudden lefties are concerned about the health hazard of "legal " tobacco use. Fair enough but now the left wants to turn tobacco corporations into criminals and legalize marijuana crazies.

If by "all of a sudden" you mean "upwards of half a century," you're correct.

Sounds to me like he was a bible thumping Republican:

“My feelings as a Christian point me to my Lord and Savior as a
fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded
by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and
summoned men to fight against them and who, God’s truth! was greatest
not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian
and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord
at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the
Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was his fight
against the Jewish poison. Today, after two thousand years, with
deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact
that it was for this that He had to shed his blood upon the Cross. As
a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have
the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice… And if there is
anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly, it is
the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty
to my own people. And when I look on my people I see them work and
work and toil and labor, and at the end of the week they have only
for their wages wretchedness and misery. When I go out in the morning
and see these men standing in their queues and look into their
pinched faces, then I believe I would be no Christian, but a very
devil, if I felt no pity for them, if I did not, as did our Lord two
thousand years ago, turn against those by whom today this poor people
are plundered and exposed.”

~Adolf Hitler~ (excerpt from a speech in Munich on April 12, 1922)

Sounds to me like he was a bible thumping Republican:

“My feelings as a Christian point me to my Lord and Savior as a
fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded
by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and
summoned men to fight against them and who, God’s truth! was greatest
not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian
and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord
at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the
Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was his fight
against the Jewish poison. Today, after two thousand years, with
deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact
that it was for this that He had to shed his blood upon the Cross. As
a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have
the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice… And if there is
anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly, it is
the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty
to my own people. And when I look on my people I see them work and
work and toil and labor, and at the end of the week they have only
for their wages wretchedness and misery. When I go out in the morning
and see these men standing in their queues and look into their
pinched faces, then I believe I would be no Christian, but a very
devil, if I felt no pity for them, if I did not, as did our Lord two
thousand years ago, turn against those by whom today this poor people
are plundered and exposed.”

~Adolf Hitler~ (excerpt from a speech in Munich on April 12, 1922)

Trying to change the OP?

Again your hero:

images

Idolizing corporations is just as bad as idolizing government. Corporations can exist but there is no reason to glorify them beyond what anyone else would get unless you really like their product. I like Ammo.

Without corporations and the wealth they generate the poor would be fighting in the streets for food scraps.

Damn! You just described a typical Republican economy. Well...with a war or two thrown in.

Without corporations and the wealth they generate the poor would be fighting in the streets for food scraps.

Damn! You just described a typical Republican economy. Well...with a war or two thrown in.

Corporations have been very good to me financially I can't complain. They pay me a boat load of money. Democrat unions both public and private seem to like corporations that's where they have invested their pension funds. Maybe there's a small minority of idiot liberals who hate corporations I don't know.

Corporations have been very good to me financially I can't complain. They pay me a boat load of money. Democrat unions both public and private seem to like corporations that's where they have invested their pension funds. Maybe there's a small minority of idiot liberals who hate corporations I don't know.

I liked it the way it used to be....when an ordinary working man could make a living too. When adjusted for inflation an ordinary American worker hasn't had a raise since the late 1970's. It's all been going to the top.
In the late 1940's a corporate executive made about 12-15 times what a carpenter or plumber made. By the 1970's...about 100 times as much. In 2012 a typical CEO made over 500 times what an ordinary American worker earned. There's something rotten.....not just in Denmark!

earnings.jpg

Last edited:

I liked it the way it used to be....when an ordinary working man could make a living too. When adjusted for inflation an ordinary American worker hasn't had a raise since the late 1970's. It's all been going to the top.
In the late 1940's a corporate executive made about 12-15 times what a carpenter or plumber made. By the 1970's...about 100 times as much. In 2012 a typical CEO made over 500 times what an ordinary American worker earned. There's something rotten.....not just in Denmark!

View attachment 63655

Let go of your envy and jealousy of the 1% you have been tricked. If you want to know why the ordinary working man can't get ahead go bitch at your government which has passed hundreds of thousands of pages of regulations driving jobs out of this country. Your government which has the highest corporate tax rate on earth driving jobs out of this country. Your government which has traded away jobs to other countries in crap trade deals.

Forum List

Back