Cornel West Is No Longer Obama's BFF

boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph from the Land of Funk
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 12, 2007
The plight of black Americans has deteriorated under Obamanomics and continues to feel the effects of the misguided Great Society programs which destroyed family creation.

The current situation has caused Cornel West to lose his enthusiasm for The One.

Some see a bitter irony in soaring black unemployment and the decline of the black middle class on the watch of the first black president.

"I thought Barack Obama could have provided some way out. But he lacks backbone," Princeton professor Cornel West told truthdig.com recently.

He said Obama had sold out the poor and become "a black mascot of Wall Street oligarchs and a black puppet of corporate plutocrats ... I don't think in good conscience I could tell anybody to vote for Obama."...

Black economic gains reversed in Great Recession - Yahoo! Finance

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
Yeah because so many on the left will vote for a republican over Obama.

Not.

Obama with all his faults is still better than any republican in the race.

over half of the CEOs said they were going to hire in quarter three of this year

Not.

9% unemployment next Fall an Obama gone. :thup:

:)

peace...

well... seems pretty intentional when the rightwingnuts cut jobs and won't raise revenue. but why care about the country when you can advance a wingnut agenda.

The plight of black Americans has deteriorated under Obamanomics and continues to feel the effects of the misguided Great Society programs which destroyed family creation.

The current situation has caused Cornel West to lose his enthusiasm for The One.

Some see a bitter irony in soaring black unemployment and the decline of the black middle class on the watch of the first black president.

"I thought Barack Obama could have provided some way out. But he lacks backbone," Princeton professor Cornel West told truthdig.com recently.

He said Obama had sold out the poor and become "a black mascot of Wall Street oligarchs and a black puppet of corporate plutocrats ... I don't think in good conscience I could tell anybody to vote for Obama."...

Where the hell is Cornell West coming from when he says Obama is "a black puppet of corporate plutocrats"? Is this some sort of a sick political trick or has professor West been in a coma for the last two years? Obama has shown himself to be extremely antagonistic towards capitalism. He hired a (Black) communist who once led an arson and looting rampage to be on his green jobs board. He refered to the US Chamber of Commerce as a sinister political tool of the GOP". Did West expect total conversion to Stalinism overnight once Obama was elected? These radical leftie anti-capitalist professors send a chill up my spine. It shows what a Princeton education will get you these days.

Obama is pathetically weak on leadership. Even his 95% block of black voters are losing their enthusiasm for him because quite frankly, he stinks at his job.

What did you people that voted for him expect? He has no experience running anything..... "on the job training" has it's limits.

That being said, "Cornell West" is kind of a loon....

Not.

9% unemployment next Fall an Obama gone. :thup:

peace...

well... seems pretty intentional when the rightwingnuts cut jobs and won't raise revenue. but why care about the country when you can advance a wingnut agenda.

"Cut jobs and won't raise revenue"... Explain.

peace...

The irony of this is......Cornel West is a notorious Black Racist Piece of Shit riding to fame as the extreme Lefties' darling ....... commanding exorbitant salaries, and positions in Academia based on Affirmative Action, and PC crappola such as Black Rap, barely appearing in the classes he is supposed to "teach" because most of his time is spent collecting moolah for his speechifying across the nation (graduation exercises, etc) and dazzling Hollywierdos with his invited presence.

In short, Cornel West is a MONUMENTAL ARSEHOLE.

I don't think West and Obama were EVER BFFS. West is a dick.

“I think my dear brother Barack Obama has a certain fear of free black men,” West says. “It’s understandable. As a young brother who grows up in a white context, brilliant African father, he’s always had to fear being a white man with black skin. All he has known culturally is white. He is just as human as I am, but that is his cultural formation. When he meets an independent black brother, it is frightening. And that’s true for a white brother. When you get a white brother who meets a free, independent black man, they got to be mature to really embrace fully what the brother is saying to them. It’s a tension, given the history. It can be overcome. Obama, coming out of Kansas influence, white, loving grandparents, coming out of Hawaii and Indonesia, when he meets these independent black folk who have a history of slavery, Jim Crow, Jane Crow and so on, he is very apprehensive. He has a certain rootlessness, a deracination. It is understandable.

“He feels most comfortable with upper middle-class white and Jewish men who consider themselves very smart, very savvy and very effective in getting what they want,” he says. “He’s got two homes. He has got his family and whatever challenges go on there, and this other home. Larry Summers blows his mind because he’s so smart. He’s got Establishment connections. He’s embracing me. It is this smartness, this truncated brilliance, that titillates and stimulates brother Barack and makes him feel at home. That is very sad for me.

Rahm was right. What a fookin' retard.

"Some way out..." Of what?

Forum List

Back