Cornel West Is No Longer Obama's BFF

The plight of black Americans has deteriorated under Obamanomics and continues to feel the effects of the misguided Great Society programs which destroyed family creation.

The current situation has caused Cornel West to lose his enthusiasm for The One.

Some see a bitter irony in soaring black unemployment and the decline of the black middle class on the watch of the first black president.

"I thought Barack Obama could have provided some way out. But he lacks backbone," Princeton professor Cornel West told truthdig.com recently.

He said Obama had sold out the poor and become "a black mascot of Wall Street oligarchs and a black puppet of corporate plutocrats ... I don't think in good conscience I could tell anybody to vote for Obama."...

Black economic gains reversed in Great Recession - Yahoo! Finance

You didn't post the next line which seems to be the most appropriate

""I have no problem with Obama when I look at what the alternatives are," Wilder says."

The plight of black Americans has deteriorated under Obamanomics and continues to feel the effects of the misguided Great Society programs which destroyed family creation.

The current situation has caused Cornel West to lose his enthusiasm for The One.

Some see a bitter irony in soaring black unemployment and the decline of the black middle class on the watch of the first black president.

"I thought Barack Obama could have provided some way out. But he lacks backbone," Princeton professor Cornel West told truthdig.com recently.

He said Obama had sold out the poor and become "a black mascot of Wall Street oligarchs and a black puppet of corporate plutocrats ... I don't think in good conscience I could tell anybody to vote for Obama."...

west is just another uncle tom...:lol:

West just likes to hear the sound of his own voice.
He's a Philosopher. They all love hearing the sound of their own voice.

The only time I ever listened to him where he a) made sense b) was actually a little enlightening was on the "Philosopher Commentary" of the Matrix Trilogy.

But he was being balanced out by another Philosopher.

If a philosopher gives a speech, and nobody cares to listen... did it really happen?

West was hoping for an FDR style Democrat, but he got someone who rolled over on the public option and Bush tax cuts.

And what about the magic stimulus? Did it turn into infrastructure jobs, like during the Great Depression? Nope - not even close; it was mostly tax cuts and aid to distressed states, many of them red.

Foreign policy? Obama is Bush II.

Patriot Act? Bush II.

And he's to the right of Bush on Government jobs because he now has a smaller federal workforce than Bush (although this is not uncommon - both Carter and Clinton had smaller federal workforces than their Republican predecessors, Reagan and Bush. Talk Radio Republicans don't know this because they are useful idiots).

Obama's economic team is from Wall Street. They support fewer regulations and unrestrained markets (despite Obama's transparent populist bluster about punishing hedge fund crooks). The Obama team hates labor almost more than Clinton, who sided with corporations over labor with NAFTA. The Obama team is to the Right of Eisenhower and Nixon's economic teams.

In short, West and the Left got played.

Last edited:
If a philosopher gives a speech, and nobody cares to listen... did it really happen?

You're asking the wrong question. The question is:

If a Philosopher's farts are about as intelligent as his speeches, does he still get to be called a Philosopher?

He reminds me of that token drunk guy at the bar that you've never met who starts yelling in your ear how he feels about world peace as he slings his arm around you and gets spittle on your glass...

West was hoping for an FDR style Democrat, but he got someone who rolled over on the public option and Bush tax cuts.

And what about the magic stimulus? Everyone but talk radio Republicans knows that it was a handout to the wealthy, as is everything Washington does. Did it turn into infrastructure jobs, like during the Great Depression? Nope - not even close; it was mostly tax cuts and aid to distressed states, many of them red.

Foreign policy? Obama is Bush II.

Patriot Act? Bush II.

Homeland Security? Bush II

And he's to the right of Bush on Government jobs because he now has a smaller federal workforce than Bush (although this is not uncommon - both Carter and Clinton had smaller federal workforces than their Republican predecessors, Reagan and Bush. Talk Radio Republicans don't know this because they are useful idiots).

Obama's economic team is from Wall Street. They support fewer regulations and unrestrained markets (despite Obama's transparent populist bluster about punishing hedge fund crooks). The Obama team hates labor almost more than Clinton, who sided with corporations over labor with NAFTA. The Obama team is to the Right of Eisenhower and Nixon's economic teams.

In short, West and the Left got played.

work.7327096.2.sticker,220x200-pad,220x200,f8f8f8.mr-t-suckah-v1.png

Obama is an anti-capitalist tool of the anti-American revolutionary movement and that makes West a total a-hole Stalinist. How can Princeton tolerate this phony?

What was the way out that Obama was to provide? Did Obama make people live beyond their means? Did he stop them from building emergency funds prior to Jan. 2009? When the economy tanked did he stop them from taking any job, even jobs considered beneath them, to feed their families.

west is just another uncle tom...:lol:

No, he's just mad he got embarrassed in front of his mother over some vip tickets to the inauguration, which makes him petty.

Forum List

Back