Cops in the Hood

Sounds like the same excuse they used to use for the high rates of spousal abuse by cops

You make a good point.

I guess at my job they have cameras and they record phone conversations and they can check my email and if I'm breaking the rules or law they can punish me, terminating me or even charge me if I break the law. I guess cops shouldn't be any different. So in this case, the cops not only broke the rules they broke the law. So I would absolutely write those cops up and send them to anger management. No other choice. Had it not got on tape we'd never know but it did get taped and so they have to be punished for breaking the law/rules.

See, I can be convinced.
You also have to wonder how many times people have been assaulted by cops for nothing and it wasnt caught on tape. These are the reasons Blacks in general distrust cops. They see way too many unwarranted assaults and harassment.

I wish they would only hire black cops to police black neighborhoods. There is so much crime in the hood are you sure its unwarranted? If I were a criminal, I wouldn't like it when the police come up and ruined my little enterprise.

When I was a young man, I'd run into cops a lot more than I do now. I was at bars, or outside when the bar was closing and fights broke out. I was drunk driving. I was smoking weed. I would speed in my car. I remember I didn't like cops much back then either.

Looking back, were they "picking on me"? Or was I a young male doing things I shouldn't be doing or in the wrong place at the wrong time and I didn't like authority telling me what I can and can't do?

Seriously, black people need to get over this "we don't trust cops" bullshit. No one who's doing wrong likes the cops. But if I see a cop when I am not doing wrong, I am not hostile towards them. I don't run from them. I have no reason to. And if a cop shows up and arrests a scumbag in my neighborhood, we don't stand around and yell at the cops. The cops are on our side.

The other day I heard a black guy on the radio say he gets nervous when he sees a cop car drive by. So do I!!! I immediately look to see if I was speeding and my heart races until I see he is not pulling me over.
Your entire point is predicated on the disillusion Black people are doing wrong. Whites need to get help for the denial they exhibit when anyone even suggests that Black people are frequently targets for assault and harassment from wayward cops. Once and until they do that then they can offer a valid opinion.

The head of the FBI just admitted it. Cops are bias.

So for 1 let's have more black cops in the hood.

Secondly I'm sure that FBI guy would have a lot to say to blacks about why. Its not all the cops fault. Blacks have something to do with that.

Why do cops who deal with black people all the time have such negative opinions of blacks? Clean up you image by cleaning up your act.
They have such a negative opinion for two reasons. Fear and prejudice handed down for centuries. If a Black man in a 3 piece suit can be harassed we know it has nothing to do with cleaning up anyones image.

You make a good point.

I guess at my job they have cameras and they record phone conversations and they can check my email and if I'm breaking the rules or law they can punish me, terminating me or even charge me if I break the law. I guess cops shouldn't be any different. So in this case, the cops not only broke the rules they broke the law. So I would absolutely write those cops up and send them to anger management. No other choice. Had it not got on tape we'd never know but it did get taped and so they have to be punished for breaking the law/rules.

See, I can be convinced.
You also have to wonder how many times people have been assaulted by cops for nothing and it wasnt caught on tape. These are the reasons Blacks in general distrust cops. They see way too many unwarranted assaults and harassment.

I wish they would only hire black cops to police black neighborhoods. There is so much crime in the hood are you sure its unwarranted? If I were a criminal, I wouldn't like it when the police come up and ruined my little enterprise.

When I was a young man, I'd run into cops a lot more than I do now. I was at bars, or outside when the bar was closing and fights broke out. I was drunk driving. I was smoking weed. I would speed in my car. I remember I didn't like cops much back then either.

Looking back, were they "picking on me"? Or was I a young male doing things I shouldn't be doing or in the wrong place at the wrong time and I didn't like authority telling me what I can and can't do?

Seriously, black people need to get over this "we don't trust cops" bullshit. No one who's doing wrong likes the cops. But if I see a cop when I am not doing wrong, I am not hostile towards them. I don't run from them. I have no reason to. And if a cop shows up and arrests a scumbag in my neighborhood, we don't stand around and yell at the cops. The cops are on our side.

The other day I heard a black guy on the radio say he gets nervous when he sees a cop car drive by. So do I!!! I immediately look to see if I was speeding and my heart races until I see he is not pulling me over.
Your entire point is predicated on the disillusion Black people are doing wrong. Whites need to get help for the denial they exhibit when anyone even suggests that Black people are frequently targets for assault and harassment from wayward cops. Once and until they do that then they can offer a valid opinion.

Secondly I'm sure that FBI guy would have a lot to say to blacks about why. Its not all the cops fault. Blacks have something to do with that.

Why do cops who deal with black people all the time have such negative opinions of blacks? Clean up you image by cleaning up your act.
They have such a negative opinion for two reasons. Fear and prejudice handed down for centuries. If a Black man in a 3 piece suit can be harassed we know it has nothing to do with cleaning up anyones image.

Blacks in suits don't get harassed. But a white youth can be dressed just like a black and the white won't be harassed.

Sounds like the same excuse they used to use for the high rates of spousal abuse by cops

You make a good point.

See, I can be convinced.

Heres a great story about a stupid white woman having a baby with a black guy. Before I tell you the story you need to know this guy already wasn't paying child support for kids he had with other women. So what the fuck she was doing with him in the first place is my first question?

Anyways the guy just murdered her and their baby and he turned himself in. Her father found her with dimes covering her eyes. What does that mean?

We see shit like this happening in Detroit every day. Any surprise even liberal whites don't want to live with black people?

Blacks in suits don't get harassed. But a white youth can be dressed just like a black and the white won't be harassed.
Bullshit. You have no clue what you are talking about.

You make a good point.

See, I can be convinced.

Heres a great story about a stupid white woman having a baby with a black guy. Before I tell you the story you need to know this guy already wasn't paying child support for kids he had with other women. So what the fuck she was doing with him in the first place is my first question?

Anyways the guy just murdered her and their baby and he turned himself in. Her father found her with dimes covering her eyes. What does that mean?

We see shit like this happening in Detroit every day. Any surprise even liberal whites don't want to live with black people?
She was probably with him because she loved him or she liked Black men. What makes you think this is a color issue when more white males kill white females by far?

Last edited:
You make a good point.

See, I can be convinced.

She was probably with him because she loved him or she liked Black men. What makes you think this is a color issue when more white males kill white females by far?

I don't have a problem with interracial couples. I have a problem with women dating men who have other baby mammas. We have so many black guys in Detroit that have multiple kids with multiple women. Not that she deserved to die but why do so many young women love losers?

Bullshit. You have no clue what you are talking about.

Sometimes that's true. I can be convinced I'm wrong. Like I just had a thought. I'm watching mississippi burning and I saw a Gaza post and I got to thinking that Palestinian and black people have something in common. The black community is the way it is because of white racism similar to how Palestine is at war with Israel.

I'm not saying the Palestinians are 100% right or american blacks don't need to improve their own communities despite the unfairness. For example less single moms. That alone would go a long way. Planned parenthood.

Anyways my point is I understand how blacks are fucked with in america like Arabs in Gaza are fucked with.

Luckily its not so bad in america that you lob rpg's into white neighborhoods or send in suicide bombers.

In america the rich know how to keep us poor but not so poor we revolt.

You know.......I was a member of the Security Forces for 2 years while stationed in Newport RI, and we were taught that once you have cuffs on a suspect, force is no longer needed, or required because you have them in custody.

That also means that you don't slap, hit, club or in any way harm a suspect when he's in custody. Additionally, you shouldn't taser someone who's in cuffs either.

These police officers should have known that and acted accordingly. At the very least, place an official letter on their record. But what should they do? Fire every one of them because they don't have the character to be a police officer.

You know.......I was a member of the Security Forces for 2 years while stationed in Newport RI, and we were taught that once you have cuffs on a suspect, force is no longer needed, or required because you have them in custody.

That also means that you don't slap, hit, club or in any way harm a suspect when he's in custody. Additionally, you shouldn't taser someone who's in cuffs either.

These police officers should have known that and acted accordingly. At the very least, place an official letter on their record. But what should they do? Fire every one of them because they don't have the character to be a police officer.

I agree. They crossed a line. I can't imagine a society that would debate it and justify doing what they did but here we are and even I'm making excuses for them. I should know better.

Some part of us wants the cops to hurt the bad guys but we need to be better than that.

Cops aren't there to punish suspects, they are simply there to take them into custody if they suspect they've done something wrong. Punishment phase doesn't come until the trial is over. Remember..........we're supposed to be presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

And beating a suspect on his way to jail is way out of line. Yeah.......if the person is resisting, use whatever force you need to get him into cuffs. But once he's in cuffs, all force should cease at that time, because he's not going anywhere, and even if they run, a cuffed person can't run as fast as someone without cuffs.

Cops aren't there to punish suspects, they are simply there to take them into custody if they suspect they've done something wrong. Punishment phase doesn't come until the trial is over. Remember..........we're supposed to be presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

And beating a suspect on his way to jail is way out of line. Yeah.......if the person is resisting, use whatever force you need to get him into cuffs. But once he's in cuffs, all force should cease at that time, because he's not going anywhere, and even if they run, a cuffed person can't run as fast as someone without cuffs.

My cop buddy said when the suspect is being baligerent in the back seat he takes his mace out and gives them a squirt.

I thought this was something we can all agree with, but nope. Some people think that you deserve whatever you get from a cop for whatever reason he says you do. It doesnt even have to be resisting....curse at the cop, dont answer his questions, act annoyed...anything now is a reasonable reason why cops should beat you.

Rights? Whats those?

Presumption of innocence only occurs in a courtroom. If you're chasing down a dude with a gun you can pretty much bet the idiot is guilty.

Presumption of innocence only occurs in a courtroom. If you're chasing down a dude with a gun you can pretty much bet the idiot is guilty.

Guilty of what?

Guilty of what?

In this case, carjacking a woman at gunpoint. Not to mention he was a parole absconder and had a handgun in his waist band.

Guilty of what?

In this case, carjacking a woman at gunpoint. Not to mention he was a parole absconder and had a handgun in his waist band.

Oh I thought you meant in general. We're talking in general you know that

Guilty of what?

In general a cop isn't going to arrest you unless he believes you are guilty of something dumbass.

Guilty of what?

In general a cop isn't going to arrest you unless he believes you are guilty of something dumbass.

Did you know we were talking about beating suspects and not about the steps for getting arrested?

Guilty of what?

Did you know we were talking about beating suspects and not about the steps for getting arrested?

Well when a suspect resist arrest then they should get their ass beat.

No matter what argument you present, you will lose.

Forum List

Back