Cops held mentally ill man down on scorching asphalt until his skin literally melted off

Or you COULD look at it this way - Don't do things that would provoke a police officer(s) to HAVE to take you to the ground. Problem solved.

I bet they’d love my viewpoint - thst resistance is tantamount to an admission of guilt and should be met with gunfire.
But you are batshit insane, so nothing you say matters except as occasional humor.

That seems a fairly silly response, because there is NOTHING at all a person could possibly do that would warrent them being forced on to the ground.
If they committed a crime, you hand cuff and arrest them.
At no time is it better, easier, appropriate, or legal, to knock them to the ground.

Are you being facetious or are you really that ignorant?

Thousands, if not millions of times each day police roll up on scenes and confront people who are out of control on any manner of drugs, have felony warrants for which they do NOT want served on them. Under the influence of many drugs on the street, people can have immense strength requiring them to be put on the ground, by several officers risking their own safety, in order to be handcuffed and subdued.

If you or anyone else here have a method to tell the difference and has a manner to subdue someone out of control without force, I'm certain the law enforcement profession would love to know your method.

The police followed protocol and something went wrong. NO ONE was at fault and stuff happens. The injured party was compensated. End of story.

The police could have simply touched the pavement to see just how hot it is, or on any hot day, they could touch it to see, but they don't because, ironically, they are afraid they will get burns, so they become willfully hardened or oblivious to the dangers.

Or they could have just handcuffed him and walked him to the car.
Contact with the ground was not at all necessary for their arrest.
And one would think there would have had to have been grass or sidewalk that was not at hot as black asphalt?

Were you there? Was he resisting arrest? Was he refusing to cooperate?

Does the article say?
Was he Armed? No
Once he started to scream in pain, could they move him to a safer spot?
Yes

tenor-S.gif

Cops Held Mentally Ill Man Down on Scorching Asphalt Until His Skin Literally Melted Off
(FTP) — A California man is suing the city of Citrus Heights and several of its police officers for the horrific injuries — skin literally melting off — when police forced him onto the ground of a restaurant parking lot when the temperature was more than 100 degrees outside. The city finally settled this lawsuit, but it was just learned that police and officials forced the victim’s attorney and the victim to stay silent about it. Luckily, the press is not subject to the same terms.

Well you got your ggood guys and you got your bad guys but then you have these looons who think they won't get punished because they are on the

Another stupid pig that FNCCEO will no doubt defend that ought to be busted off the force, have the book thrown at and be charged with criminal assault.

SURE, you dumb, fucking jackass! Just lay here burning your skin off until I complete my arrest!
Police officers contend that Nelson was aggressive.....
Security footage inside the KFC shows that Nelson tried to jump the counter and took a swipe at the manager — he also unsuccessfully attempted to steal the manager’s wallet.
you MUST be a liberal if you are defending this jackass
you don't understand the term ''COMPLY"'...if you don't comply--FU...you deserve to be beaten

Just comply.

Police officer allegedly forced women into oral sex after traffic stops: 'hope to see you again'

Cops Held Mentally Ill Man Down on Scorching Asphalt Until His Skin Literally Melted Off
(FTP) — A California man is suing the city of Citrus Heights and several of its police officers for the horrific injuries — skin literally melting off — when police forced him onto the ground of a restaurant parking lot when the temperature was more than 100 degrees outside. The city finally settled this lawsuit, but it was just learned that police and officials forced the victim’s attorney and the victim to stay silent about it. Luckily, the press is not subject to the same terms.

Well you got your ggood guys and you got your bad guys but then you have these looons who think they won't get punished because they are on the

Question.... were they following the specific training on how to handle the situation, that they were instructed to do, according to the cities police department guide lines?

Because here's the problem.... When they violate their police training, you want to put them on trial for not doing what they were instructed to do.

Then when they do exactly as they are trained, you want to put them on trial for that.

So I want to know if this is exactly how they are trained to deal with this type of situation.

It does not at all matter how they were trained.
The 170 degree asphalt over rides any possible way they may have been trained.
And anyone living that far south should always have already known since childhood how dangerous hot asphalt is.

How can a person's skin melt off in 100 degree temperature? Maybe the asphalt was fresh and sticky.

It is called BLISTERING. If the full sun is shining on 100° black asphalt, it will store and hold the heat and be FAR HOTTER than the air temp! Or have you never gone out in the summer in your bare feet? Next summer, get down on a hot summer day and press your face to the asphalt and let us know.

Blistering is not what caused third degree burns.

Dumbass!

From the KING of USMB Dumbasses! And you are one really fine liar and fraud as well. Who cares the semantics of what to CALL the burn, the POINT is the itinerant stupidity of a cop to hold someone face down on boiling hot summer asphalt as they scream they are being burned, BEGGING to be moved to the grass! Pictures don't lie. That cop is too dumb and dangerous to be carrying a gun.

He did not say anything about being burned, nor did he beg to be moved to the grass. You are just making shit up like you always do,

Did anybody bother to check the date on this story? It is almost 2 and a half years old!

You will also be happy to know he is $1.2 million richer this week due to his settling the case he brought against the police.

That is wrong.
I just watched the video and he specifically says he is being burned and wanted to be moved over to the grass.
I would not go through such pain for only $1.2 million.
Burns not only are the single most painful injury possible, but they last not just a very long time, but sometimes forever.

Another stupid pig that FNCCEO will no doubt defend that ought to be busted off the force, have the book thrown at and be charged with criminal assault.

SURE, you dumb, fucking jackass! Just lay here burning your skin off until I complete my arrest!
Security footage inside the KFC shows that Nelson tried to jump the counter and took a swipe at the manager — he also unsuccessfully attempted to steal the manager’s wallet.
you don't understand the term ''COMPLY"'...if you don't comply--FU...you deserve to be beaten

Just comply.

Police officer allegedly forced women into oral sex after traffic stops: 'hope to see you again'

Police must be resisted when they are breaking the law.

Just comply.

How are they "breaking the law"?

How can a person's skin melt off in 100 degree temperature? Maybe the asphalt was fresh and sticky.

It is called BLISTERING. If the full sun is shining on 100° black asphalt, it will store and hold the heat and be FAR HOTTER than the air temp! Or have you never gone out in the summer in your bare feet? Next summer, get down on a hot summer day and press your face to the asphalt and let us know.

Blistering is not what caused third degree burns.

Dumbass!

From the KING of USMB Dumbasses! And you are one really fine liar and fraud as well. Who cares the semantics of what to CALL the burn, the POINT is the itinerant stupidity of a cop to hold someone face down on boiling hot summer asphalt as they scream they are being burned, BEGGING to be moved to the grass! Pictures don't lie. That cop is too dumb and dangerous to be carrying a gun.

He did not say anything about being burned, nor did he beg to be moved to the grass. You are just making shit up like you always do,

Did anybody bother to check the date on this story? It is almost 2 and a half years old!

You will also be happy to know he is $1.2 million richer this week due to his settling the case he brought against the police.

That is wrong.
I just watched the video and he specifically says he is being burned and wanted to be moved over to the grass.
I would not go through such pain for only $1.2 million.
Burns not only are the single most painful injury possible, but they last not just a very long time, but sometimes forever.

You need to lay off the drugs. He mentions rocks, but the words "burned" and "grass" never occurred.

--I thought I'd trigger you

ASSHOLE TROLL.

By your stupid moronic reasoning, had the ground been covered with broken glass and the man cut badly in the arrest, it would also be justified because he was a mentally disturbed person (I thought that used to mean not responsible for their actions?), and because that was "standard procedure?"

As to the rest of your snowflake diatribe, cry me a bowl of tears fuckwit--- --- we all know any of you people would be singing a far different tune had the arrestee been someone you personally knew or cared about.

You make me sick, you morons just LOVE to call anyone who isn't for your police state a "liberal" don't you? Your two damaged 3 watt brain cells simply cannot deal with the fact that the guy wasn't resisting arrest, he was in so much pain being burned by the pavement, he was simply begging for the nitwit officer to use some common sense, open his eyes, and move him a few feet to a better location.

As to deserving to be beaten, any time you want to try to threaten or beat me, you troglodytic mouth-breathing redneck asshole, you are more than welcome to try it. I'd love it. I can only hope a cop now arrests you under similar conditions and you get a first-hand taste of your "justice."

Question.... were they following the specific training on how to handle the situation, that they were instructed to do, according to the cities police department guide lines?

Because here's the problem.... When they violate their police training, you want to put them on trial for not doing what they were instructed to do.

Then when they do exactly as they are trained, you want to put them on trial for that.

So I want to know if this is exactly how they are trained to deal with this type of situation.

It does not at all matter how they were trained.
The 170 degree asphalt over rides any possible way they may have been trained.
And anyone living that far south should always have already known since childhood how dangerous hot asphalt is.

South? This is in northern California.

Just comply.

By many of the dolt's reasoning on this forum here, the democratic protestors in Hong Kong right now and those at Tiananmen Square also deserve(d) to be beaten, shot, run over and arrested for resisting the direction of authority. Glad to know they are such good subjects. 99% of the time, they are right. You obey an officer in any ordinary circumstance. But when you cannot help it due to inflicted severe pain, only a fool says otherwise. And the 1.2 million award says I am right.

Just comply.

No, you said people must comply or you deserve to be beat.

Forum List

Back