Cops, Ever The Assholes, Again

??? What law was she breaking? Has she been charged, ticketed or arrested? The police were called because the old woman had a knife, not because she was trespassing. She just walked next door into an empty, unattended yard of grass and weeds. Had the idiot neighbor observed her longer, she would have seen she was just picking weeds. Fear trumps common sense.

I told you the other article had more information...

The police were called because she was trespassing, had a knife, and refused to leave...

Etheridge responded along with two other officers Friday after an employee of a local Boys and Girls Club called 911 to report a woman with a knife was walking outside and would not leave.

She was charge...

Martha Al-Bishara was charged with criminal trespass and obstructing an officer Friday, when police held her at gunpoint before bringing her to the ground with a jolt from the electrified prongs of a stun gun.

link

It wasn't an "empty unattended yard of weeds and grass", it was the fenced property of the Boys and Girls Club across the street from the woman's property, not adjacent...

He said they got a call about an elderly woman with a knife at a Boys and Girls Club.

The lot was accessible because there was only a partial fence.

Oh dude, you are BEATING A DEAD HORSE. read post #14. This woman so deserves to sue their ass. None of that other crap matters. I'm EMBARRASSED for you that you have the gall to stand there reading regulations and technical details when it all comes down common fucking sense. They showed up to a stupid call, found an old woman not understanding English picking weeds making no threatening moves against anyone (she was alone!) and putting them in a bag, and these DUMB JACKASSES couldn't figure out what was going on or handle it in a better way without shocking the old woman? If that was my mother and you were the cop, I'd beat you within an inch of your life for being that stupid. I'm quickly losing all respect for the police for not immediately admitting this was totally beyond the pale.

Like most democrats, some cops are idiots.
But not these. I saw the headline and was shocked. Then I read the he details. Missourian is right. She NEEDS to learn the language of the country she's living in.
Bet she won't be tresspassin with a knife again.

the day I can't take down an old woman without tasing her, by merely walking up to her with a stick or a club and knocking the knife out of her hands or tackling her, or making her understand through gestures to drop the knife, I better retire my worthless ass.

You encounter a lot of knife-weilding old ladies over the course of a day do you?

Perhaps you should teach courses.

Maybe I should. I'm trained in both Kung-Fu, Qinna, and Kobudo.

??? What law was she breaking? Has she been charged, ticketed or arrested? The police were called because the old woman had a knife, not because she was trespassing. She just walked next door into an empty, unattended yard of grass and weeds. Had the idiot neighbor observed her longer, she would have seen she was just picking weeds. Fear trumps common sense.

The police were called because she was trespassing, had a knife, and refused to leave...

Etheridge responded along with two other officers Friday after an employee of a local Boys and Girls Club called 911 to report a woman with a knife was walking outside and would not leave.

She was charge...

Martha Al-Bishara was charged with criminal trespass and obstructing an officer Friday, when police held her at gunpoint before bringing her to the ground with a jolt from the electrified prongs of a stun gun.

link

It wasn't an "empty unattended yard of weeds and grass", it was the fenced property of the Boys and Girls Club across the street from the woman's property, not adjacent...

He said they got a call about an elderly woman with a knife at a Boys and Girls Club.

Aw c'mon now Missourian, it's August and it's in Georgia and she's 87 years old. Of course she's gonna leave, she's gonna have to or fall down pretty soon. All the cops had to do was wait her out. And criminal trespass? Really? Cutting dandelion greens is criminal trespass these days? Stupid and unnecessary.

No, no. Missouri is right. Police can't be expected to be psychic. It's not like they have a fucking brain. Follow procedure by the book. cover your ass. Don't think. See an old woman picking weeds, you have to assume the worst and treat her like a serial killer. Better safe than sorry.

Aw c'mon now Missourian, it's August and it's in Georgia and she's 87 years old. Of course she's gonna leave, she's gonna have to or fall down pretty soon. All the cops had to do was wait her out. And criminal trespass? Really? Cutting dandelion greens is criminal trespass these days? Stupid and unnecessary.

Being on someone else's property with a knife and refusing to leave is criminal trespass.

No, no. Missouri is right. Police can't be expected to be psychic. It's not like they have a fucking brain. Follow procedure by the book. cover your ass. Don't think. See an old woman picking weeds, you have to assume the worst and treat her like a serial killer. Better safe than sorry.

We finally agree...minus the sarcasm.

Like most democrats, some cops are idiots.
But not these. I saw the headline and was shocked. Then I read the he details. Missourian is right. She NEEDS to learn the language of the country she's living in.
Bet she won't be tresspassin with a knife again.

There is no law saying you need to know English. Just ask any illegal Mexican. We reward them for being illiterate. Not so with an iold white woman. If this had been a black lady, it woulds be a NATIONAL HEADLINE and there would be 10,000 marching in the streets.

The police on the other hand are expected to have a brain. They are supposed to expect to know how to effectively deal with people who are geriatric, infirm, have medical conditions, dementia, illiteracy. This woman has NO obligation to anything. For all they knew, this woman was Alzheimer or having a stroke.

Being on someone else's property with a knife and refusing to leave is criminal trespass.

Except for all of the above reasons which would preclude a person from KNOWING they are trespassing and being asked to leave!

the day I can't take down an old woman without tasing her, by merely walking up to her with a stick or a club and knocking the knife out of her hands or tackling her, or making her understand through gestures to drop the knife, I better retire my worthless ass.

You encounter a lot of knife-weilding old ladies over the course of a day do you?

Perhaps you should teach courses.

Maybe I should. I'm trained in both Kung-Fu, Qinna, and Kobudo.

I'm an expert in Sudoku. But, to be fair, most people in the Internet are black belts, doctors, or married to super models. Sometimes, all three.

From Fox News
Etheridge said he even tried to communicate with her by taking his own pocket knife and throwing it on the ground.

They made an effort. They made the right call. She learned a lesson.

Except for all of the above reasons which would preclude a person from KNOWING they are trespassing and being asked to leave!

She was across the street, behind a fence, at a Boys and Girls Club. How could she NOT know? It wasn't her property, surely you would concede that she was aware of that. She knew she didn't have permission to be there. So what excuse is there?

I have black walnut trees on my property and the property next door that I own. If you come and take them without my express permission you are stealing from me as well as trespassing. Perhaps the Boys and Girls Club wanted those dandelions for tea. Or they promised them to someone else who asked permission and was going to make dandelion wine or was planning on drying the roots to grind for their cancer patient mother-in-law.

Just because you think it's okay doesn't make it okay. It's a crime.

Last edited:

Really, at this point, it's not about the offense. It's about a person with a drawn weapon where you can't predict their intentions. The knife is a threat to herself, a threat to other who may be near, and to the police who are required to deal with her. The fact that she appeared to be less than fully cognitive only elevates the unpredictability of the situation. When there is dialog and distance, police can take their time. Without that, taking the weapon away becomes a priority.

A police officer has to choose an option. Preferably the safest one.

1. Deadly force ... not the preferred option unless you feel an attack in imminent.
2. A baton. Requires you to get in close. Can do a lot of damage and you really don't want to get into a sword fight with someone carrying a knife
4. OC spray. Also requires you to get in close and for people with respiratory problems can be fatal. Also, is frequently ineffective.
5. Hands on. Requires you to get REAL close and a take down is often quite violent.
6. The CED (or Tazer). Gives you the most distance. Is very unlikely to cause death. A Tazer will incapacitate the offender for only five seconds, but that is enough time for the partner to get in, disarm, and subdue.

Without knowing all the facts and based on what I'm reading, the Tazer was probably the best option.

...there are about 30 million calls for police assistance per year--not counting traffic stops
...humans dealing with humans like this is very dynamic/complicated/different/etc--especially when the humans do not want to cooperate/use common sense/etc
...there will always be errors/misjudgments/problems/etc
About 93% of persons who requested police assistance thought the officers acted properly, 86% felt the police were helpful, and 85% were satisfied with the police response (
https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/rpa11.pdf
you people make mountains out of molehills
...do some research and look at the numbers--NOT the MSM fake/stupid/click bait headlines
there is NOT a MAJOR, chronic problem with the police
are there jerks/etc?? sure
etc

My article gave all that information. Trespassing? That justifies assault? She was walking around an empty field behind some clubhouse, apparently picking dandelions. To old timers, both the leaves and roots of dandelion make both good salads and good herbal tonic. Lots of minerals.

Had no choice? You're kidding me right? Did this old woman make any threatening moves? No. Whether deaf, dementia, or not speaking english, the day I can't take down an old woman without tasing her, by merely walking up to her with a stick or a club and knocking the knife out of her hands or tackling her, or making her understand through gestures to drop the knife, I better retire my worthless ass. I mean, this woman wasn't even TRYING to hurt anyone, she had no ill intentions, she simply didn't know what was going on! And still this young cop couldn't wrest control of the situation without tasing her? C'mon.

I hope they sue the cops ass. I know they will throw it out saying he had just cause because we live in a PUSSY-WORLD now, but in a real non-PC world, any police force worth their real salt would be embarrassed to admit they couldn't control a docile old woman without stunning her.

Taking her down with physical force or "hitting her with a club" would likely cause more injury than the taser.

You just knock the knife out of her hands or use the club to keep your distance from her. I didn't say to go ape on her.

The old woman is safe. She isn't injured.

Lucky. The stun gun could have given her a seizure or heart attack. Let me stun you and see how you like it.

The cops are safe.

The cops are always safe. Even when they murder someone for carrying a cell phone.

And it's not like elderly women don't kill people.

I guess it comes down to knowing how to read people. Developing instincts. Used to be a common thing. Now when you say that people act like you're asking for the Moon. It's not Mayberry RFD anymore, and the police are often as much a threat now as the real crooks. Even if they don't mean to be. Under-trained, fearful, trigger-happy and inexperienced.
do some research before talking bullshit
[Contrary to the Black Lives Matter narrative, the police have much more to fear from black males than black males have to fear from the police. In 2015, a police officer was 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male was to be killed by a police officer./QUOTE]
In 2016, the police fatally shot 233 blacks, the vast majority armed and dangerous, according to the Washington Post. The paper categorized only 16 black male victims of police shootings as “unarmed.” That classification masks assaults against officers and violent resistance to arrest.
https://nypost.com/2017/09/26/all-that-kneeling-ignores-the-real-cause-of-soaring-black-homicides/
etc

I support the police, I try to believe in and trust them, but how do you mistake an 87 year old woman who does not understand English out in her yard cutting dandelions, and end up taser her within an inch of her life? Where is the fucking training? Dumb assholes with a license to kill you for any slip in their reasoning that will be excused 99.9% of the time because no one wants the job anymore.

Cop Used Taser on 87-Year-Old Woman Who Was Just Cutting Dandelions, Says Family
You are sounding like one of those BLM thugs...Look on the bright side -- they had reason to fear for their safety and they didn't shoot her -- I believe the police did a great job in this instance

She was charge...

link

Oh dude, you are BEATING A DEAD HORSE. read post #14. This woman so deserves to sue their ass. None of that other crap matters. I'm EMBARRASSED for you that you have the gall to stand there reading regulations and technical details when it all comes down common fucking sense. They showed up to a stupid call, found an old woman not understanding English picking weeds making no threatening moves against anyone (she was alone!) and putting them in a bag, and these DUMB JACKASSES couldn't figure out what was going on or handle it in a better way without shocking the old woman? If that was my mother and you were the cop, I'd beat you within an inch of your life for being that stupid. I'm quickly losing all respect for the police for not immediately admitting this was totally beyond the pale.
Are you attempting to both identify with and humanize this knife-wielding suspect? Incredible

If that was my mother, she wouldn't be walking around with a knife and causing people to fear for their safety.

You really do sound like those BLM/Antifa thugs -- the way you are denigrating these police officers

She was charge...

link

She was probably bootlegging dandelion wine. After 68 years on the lam they finally got the kingpin.

Forum List

Back